PDA

View Full Version : Please fix these mac bugs!

Arcane Owl
08-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Ok the game crashes for me randomly. It could be 5 mins into starting the game or 2 hours. It usually crashes before 2 hours. This is extremely annoying because sometimes it will go straight to desktop and other times it will freeze my laptop for a while and then i wont get back into a game for over 4 mins and then i will get put on low priority for 2 days like the first time i played this game. Please fix these bugs, the crashing is extremely frustrating.

Its not just me, all over the steam forums and here people are saying it's crashing. Low priority because of this is so frustrating.

Other bugs:

Sound doesn't work for a while and starts working at around 20 secs into the game.

Cant delete a chat message by just holding down backspace (you have to tap it)

The store being very slow.

And i think the resolution is a bit funny compared to videos I've seen of dota..

I can live with these bugs but the crashing is sooo annoying. Please fix this soon, i love this game but i's becoming unplayable like this.

Here is what i play on if it will help:

MacBook Pro
13-inch, Mid 2012
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
Software OS X 10.8.4 (12E55)

Arcane Owl
08-02-2013, 05:18 PM
It keeps happening. The last game i played i was doing well, our team was doing well and i decide to jump into a team fight and then what do you know... it crashes. The circle multicoloured spinning thing appears, the game freezes for about 20 secs, and then it goes to desktop and says "Dota 2 has quit unexpectedly." I went back into the game and 20 secs after i spawned it happened again... Please fix this, i cant play this anymore because ill just get put on low priority again.

Sorry if i sounded angry in my posts, i know you guys put a lot of effort into this game and you guys are constantly working with things like this. I was just frustrated with it all.

Arcane Owl
08-03-2013, 03:04 PM
More problems have started happening today. The screen is going really choppy and i think my fps is going funny. Looking around the map with mouse is harder to control and sometimes i cant get back to my hero for a short while. The crashing has started happening more often too.

Please fix the soon guys. I really want to play this game.

Arcane Owl
08-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Alright, i posted this a while ago and there has still been no fix. Ive been put on low priority again! Because it crashes, and sometimes it freezes after it crashes and it makes it hard to join back in time. This is extremely annoying that there still hasn't been a patch for this. Getting put on low priority after trying everything to rejoin a game is so aggravating. Why hasn't this been fixed yet?

codeks
08-23-2013, 08:31 PM
I had this same crash about 4 times in a row during a game just now. I'm just going to go back to bootcamp until this problem gets sorted.

Arcane Owl
08-24-2013, 03:39 AM
I had this same crash about 4 times in a row during a game just now. I'm just going to go back to bootcamp until this problem gets sorted.

With the recent update what i have found that fixes these problems for me is i just put textures and shadows on medium instead of high and now it runs well for me. Maybe it will work for you.