PDA

View Full Version : Weird FPS issue.

UserFirnedlyMusic
08-23-2013, 02:04 PM
Ok so, my fps is 60-70 on absolute high settings which is pretty legit itself. By applying a few settings such as the ones from this topic http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=101149 it goes to a whooping 110-120 which is close to the DotaMac Port from the portingteam, now the problem is even if i play on 110-120 with lower settings or 60-70 with absolute high, no matter what when I move my screen to the bottom using my mouse the fps drops to 10-20 for a split second. I will attempt to record a video to demonstrate what i mean. In almost all other scenarios the fps stays either at 60-70 or 110-120 but if i move the screen with my mouse to the bottom (sometimes it happens to the sides as well) it just drops, it is still unplayable because of that as when you are running away you have to constantly push the screen, seeing the courier and so on and so forth, any fix ? On top of the settings applied from that topic I've applied some launch settings such as the -nod3d9ex and i have disabled steam in game although this 2 settings did not reflect my fps in game after i applied them. I'm using a 27" late 2012 iMac, 2gb ram 2.9ghz quad core, 16gb ram, 2gb video.

UserFirnedlyMusic
09-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Update: Seriously this is the weirdest thing. I tried capturing a video of the problem with screenflow and the problem almost disappeared in the video and the game was running smoother although I was recording it at the same time.. So naturally I just thought oh well at least its sort of fixed but then once I stopped recording with screenflow it got back to normal with the same problem so ScreenFlow is somehow helping it. Come on valve, what is going on, this does not make any sense. My best guess is that the video card isn't working to it's full potential in the game but somehow when i activate a video intensive application such as ScreenFlow it sort of starts working or what ? I know it's hard to imagine the problem but it's now even harder to record it, I hope someone views this topic as i doubt they would fix this problem.

ginj
09-08-2013, 12:50 AM
I have the exact same issue. Edge-panning down almost every time results in a severe stutter, to the side quite often, but never when panning up. Makes it very hard to play and seems like a very solvable issue.

UserFirnedlyMusic
09-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Exactly, I don't get what the deal is . If you have ScreenFlow for mac try playing dota2 while recording, for some WEIRD reason the edge-panning fps drop disappears. I wanted to record the issues so people can see it and I couldn't because it disappears as soon as i hit the record button, very very weird ! If you don't have the program, it's on torrent sites but it's a good all round program , so if you have the money - buy it . Anyway, it's a joke, everytime i play dota I have to record as well. I'm hoping someone sees this issue,

Ferazel
09-09-2013, 10:07 PM
It most likely is due to you having your dock set to hide automatically. If you turn this option off you shouldn't have this problem.
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Dota-2/issues/206

UserFirnedlyMusic
09-10-2013, 07:02 AM
nope, my dock does not hide automatically and that does not explain why when i start recording with screenflow the issue is gone.

SPzzz
09-10-2013, 02:41 PM
just record it with a camera :) also you'd be more likely to be heard by valve if created an issue at github (https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Dota-2/issues?state=open), but try to find existing one first.

UserFirnedlyMusic
09-10-2013, 05:30 PM
THe issue is caused by the dock, but by it's magnification (maybe also). I did post it on github, and it's been reviewed, hopefully they fix it, because now i have to turn off magnification, auto-hide, each hot corner individually, reset game settings everytime I start, just to play a game of dota, and then if i dont want to play i have to reset half of those things..