PDA

View Full Version : More Arcana items?

Pale Dolphin
08-27-2013, 04:57 PM
I really enjoy Lina's Arcana, but it's been quite a while since we saw a new hero, so... is there any chance for a new Arcana on someone like Storm Spirit or maybe Juggernaut? Or for anyone else at all, for that matter.

KangarooCornchips
08-27-2013, 05:03 PM
I want bristlebro hats

EtherealBladeOP
08-27-2013, 09:51 PM
Shadow fiend!

alife
08-28-2013, 02:23 AM
Ppl are so desperate to see smth new so they are even asking for new hats...

VALVe, what have u done to those poor ppl?.. U r pure evil

Phoenixclaw
08-28-2013, 02:54 AM
NO!

Arcana Items change a hero way too much, it almost affects gameplay, because you might not instantly recognize a certain spell or the hero itself!!!

popovich
08-28-2013, 03:25 AM
1 arcana for each hero please, tyvm. :D

Pale Dolphin
08-28-2013, 03:52 AM
Arcana Items change a hero way too much, it almost affects gameplay, because you might not instantly recognize a certain spell or the hero itself!!!

This is the stupidest thing I ever heard.

Phoenixclaw
08-28-2013, 05:57 AM
This is the stupidest thing I ever heard.

well, you obviously haven't played hon or lol.

because its the case in these games and i dont want dota to become just as immoderate in terms of cosmetics as these games.

you might think, that won't ever happen, but if you look at the development of cosmetics in dota 2, you'll notice that they started unflashy, but got flashier over time, added new animations or sound effects and i have no idea when this development is gonna end.

popovich
08-28-2013, 08:36 AM
I don't see it as a problem as long as they follow the example of Lina's arcana.
Her spells were not radically changed or reworked, they were just made with
some added visual effects like the scorched earth trail after dragon slave and such.
To me, that's not distasteful or ugly or even confusing. It's very nice and even though
I do not have it (I feel the need to point that out) I still think it looks awesome and
I enjoy seeing it in the game every now and again.
In all seriousness, I'd like every hero to have an arcana item (and preferably ONLY one).

Pale Dolphin
08-29-2013, 03:52 AM
well, you obviously haven't played hon or lol.

because its the case in these games and i dont want dota to become just as immoderate in terms of cosmetics as these games.

you might think, that won't ever happen, but if you look at the development of cosmetics in dota 2, you'll notice that they started unflashy, but got flashier over time, added new animations or sound effects and i have no idea when this development is gonna end.

I've played the original Dota, HoN and LoL, and I'm pretty sure I can tell one hero from the other in less than a second. If you can't distinguish Lina from Fiery Soul modded Lina, you have some troubles with both long- and short-term memory.

mirana_elunes
08-29-2013, 04:09 AM
Old Venge model Arcana :))))

Phoenixclaw
08-29-2013, 04:17 AM
I've played the original Dota, HoN and LoL, and I'm pretty sure I can tell one hero from the other in less than a second. If you can't distinguish Lina from Fiery Soul modded Lina, you have some troubles with both long- and short-term memory.

if you played those games, you should know what i'm talking about, when i say that you wouldn't recognize a hero with a new skin, if you've never seen it before.

i just dont want this to happen with dota.

popovich
08-29-2013, 05:37 AM
if you played those games, you should know what i'm talking about, when i say that you wouldn't recognize a hero with a new skin, if you've never seen it before.

i just dont want this to happen with dota.
I doubt that will ever be possible, seeing that hero equipment has to
follow certain guidelines, one being color palette but there are others
as well, specifically to prevent possible confusions of that sort.
Meaning, you will never see green equipment and spiked armor on Lina
or red equipment and two-handed mace on Windrunner, and stuff like that.

rtkufner
09-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Wanna know who needs an Arcana? Zeus.

Grampa Mario desperately needs a beard.

jrh_101
09-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Bristleback Pig arcana like in WC3 Dota