PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get into game after loading

fangtmt
09-03-2013, 10:31 PM
So i search for a game, find a game, load screen, finished loading (little black box that says "loading..." disappears).

Gets stuck on the loading screen, cannot see the map with the loading box.

Computer is fine, 4G RAM, i5 3337u, AMD Raedon 8730M, 200GB left on C disk.

Whelp.

Dragonyte
09-04-2013, 02:50 PM
So i search for a game, find a game, load screen, finished loading (little black box that says "loading..." disappears).

Gets stuck on the loading screen, cannot see the map with the loading box.

Computer is fine, 4G RAM, i5 3337u, AMD Raedon 8730M, 200GB left on C disk.

Whelp.

Same thing started happening to me yesterday. Offline games work, but cannot seem to load online games.
I am currently in a dorm over wifi connection. Dota 2 worked perfectly fine until yesterday. CS:go still works fine.
I tried this solution but it didnt work : http://steamcommunity.com/app/570/discussions/0/864976837741572034/

MBOAT
09-04-2013, 07:17 PM
Same thing started happening to me yesterday. Offline games work, but cannot seem to load online games.
I am currently in a dorm over wifi connection. Dota 2 worked perfectly fine until yesterday. CS:go still works fine.
I tried this solution but it didnt work : http://steamcommunity.com/app/570/discussions/0/864976837741572034/

This is happening to me as well. Also moved into residence but with ethernet internet connection. I can play against bots, as well as load old replays I have saved, but playing in a single player lobby I made, or queuing for MM results in me getting stuck on loading screen, then the loading box disappears, and it will sit on that screen forever. If I hit escape the screen goes black, and I have to close the game. It doesn't crash, and if I alt-tab it turns it right off without saying the program is not-responding. Other steam games like CS:GO work fine for me as well.

Have tried all the typical suggested solutions including relogging dota 2 and steam, reinstalling dota 2, verifying dota 2's game cache, adding that clientport command into my console with that 27~~~~ number I forget it now. Really disappointing since I would love to be able to play some dota 2 when I find myself with free time.

lordi
09-05-2013, 12:48 AM
Same problem here, i also have uncompressed update from server problem as well why wont this ever end

MutantChrist
09-05-2013, 11:29 AM
I moved in my school residence as well. The first game of the day always goes through but the next ones after always freeze at loading. It would be nice if we get some support to try to fix this problem. It is getting very frustrating

fangtmt
09-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Ok so it's been a little better now. Sometimes it actually loads the first game, and then the same crap happens starting from game 2. Turned down my definition to 1280*720, got a second game in but it's pretty much the same story now.

Funny thing is, thing happened after I started using school residence internet too! Could it possibly be...

Should I go ask valve support for suggestions>

Dragonyte
09-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Ok so it's been a little better now. Sometimes it actually loads the first game, and then the same crap happens starting from game 2. Turned down my definition to 1280*720, got a second game in but it's pretty much the same story now.

Funny thing is, thing happened after I started using school residence internet too! Could it possibly be...

Should I go ask valve support for suggestions>

I think Valve should really look into this. I really do not think its on our side. And yes, same thing happens to me. First game loads, then the rest get stuck at load screen. I can open console from there, but there doesnt seem to be any errors. It seems as though its half connected to games. Expecting a patch to fix this. All my games work fine except dota

Bowhunter
09-07-2013, 10:35 PM
I just started having the same issue tonight. Coincidentally I live in a dorm too, but my room mate hasn't had the same problem. I can only play against bots and it's really frustrating. If anyone finds a solution please post it!

Dragonyte
09-08-2013, 05:56 PM
I just started having the same issue tonight. Coincidentally I live in a dorm too, but my room mate hasn't had the same problem. I can only play against bots and it's really frustrating. If anyone finds a solution please post it!

Your roommate is on the same network, identically connected , yet can play without issues?
I thought the problem comes from having multiple clients connect at same time, but if he can connect without problems then its something with our configs or valve.

Try to compare your roommates and your computers/launch options/ configs/ net connections. See what's different

Dragonyte
09-18-2013, 10:11 AM
bump ):

Edit: Played 2 games today without problems. Its weird. Maybe only 1 client at a time can be connected to a server on a network?
Maybe i can play when someone in my dorm doesnt... cant prove it though...

fangtmt
09-20-2013, 11:55 AM
It's so sad none of the smart people who knows their stuff checked this thread.

I'm seriously considering reinstalling Windows. jk

JayStelly
09-20-2013, 01:31 PM
On some routers - if multiple people are playing on the same router/NAT you will need to use -clientport as a launch option. Details here:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6370-QPHJ-3567

MBOAT
09-25-2013, 03:53 PM
I have more or less tried every possible combination of clientports and none of them work. Still having this issue. Really depressing, been unable to play Dota for a month now. Sometimes I will randomly get a created lobby with a bot by me to work, and then I'll try MM and no luck. Most of the time it just messes up right away and can't even do a game against a bot.

Dragonyte
09-28-2013, 05:19 PM
Still having this issue. Played fine this morning, then bam, cannot connect to next game. Sigh