PDA

View Full Version : Game laggs if a friend goes online or start chatting over steam

cky20
10-10-2013, 03:54 AM
i seriously hoped and prayed that valve fixed the bugs, weird fps and laggs in the new update... so i logged in, downloaded the update and started the game. everything was fine and even on highest settings the game ran smoothly and laggfree......until a friend of mine came online: the laggparty started and i wasnt able to play anymore. alright, pausing and restarting the game. again all fine...till my friend wrote me a message via steam - the game lagged again like hell.... another time i had to reconect. unfortunatly, a bit later, a few friends came online, so make a guess what happened: lagg/rec/lagg/rec - and in the end it resulted into low priority.

valve, is it so hard to make a stable version for mac-players? all we want is to play dota without bootcamp or a wrapper.....

cky20
10-11-2013, 12:04 AM
anyone else has the same problems?

im playing on a 15inch, mid 2012 macbook with retina display, 8gb ram, 2.6ghz intel, intel HD graphics 4000 512mb - OS X 10.8.5

hoveringmover
10-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Maybe. I took off notifications, but this is quite possibly happening to me since the last update.

cky20
10-11-2013, 12:25 AM
well, turning of the notifications wont help - if one of my friends comes online in steam, dota begins to lagg. the worst scenario is if 2-3 friends come online at the same time: i wasnt even able to reconnect and i had to close the game with cmd+q

hoveringmover
10-11-2013, 12:27 AM
Well, should be easy to confirm this. I'll do it next time I get on Steam.

ShadowReturns
10-11-2013, 12:46 AM
Happened to me, lagged like crazy when my friend started to chat with me when i was in-game.

Diabolic
10-11-2013, 01:38 AM
Try to disable Steam Overlay for DotA 2

cky20
10-11-2013, 04:50 AM
as i already wrote, disabling notifications or overlay wont help... it might be a problem with the memory usage (for a vers short time, but the laggs ingame will continur once they started...)

sarcasguy
11-29-2013, 07:29 AM
Funny question, do you or any of your friends have that funny symbol that is going around? Or any funny symbols for that matter. This happened to me too, someone I had on my friends list had this: ҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉ , and it lags my entire Mac to hell and gone whenever I view it (in game, or out of game in chat). I deleted him and the lag didn't happen again.