PDA

View Full Version : Many bugs and crashes lead to low prio

fidy
11-19-2013, 05:52 PM
Hey, would it be possible to relax on the whole low prior thingy? i crash almost every two games, most of the time i manage to reconnect in time but sometimes it freezes my whole computer and i have to restart. Because people rarely pause i get abandons, which is NOFUN!

KangarooCornchips
11-19-2013, 06:50 PM
If your computer crashes that often, perhaps a better solution could be found.

fidy
11-19-2013, 06:57 PM
I'm all ears for any fix. I've already disabled steam overlay and hot corners, and I'm not running any other programs at the same time except chrome and iTunes sometimes.

urbangoose
11-21-2013, 02:42 AM
What's your Mac spec?

Although, I don't think fixing Mac bugs is high on Valve's priority list.

fidy
11-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
1t Hdd and 250 SDD
latest OS version

I don't know about priorities, but I did not have many crashes before the latest patch, maybe it's because they had to rush it out due to retarded community.
If you have any tips or suggestion i'm listening.

urbangoose
11-21-2013, 09:51 PM
Haha yea, the whole Diretide uproar.

Well, it's definitely not the specs. Seems top-notch. I have a Mini (which I very seldom I play on) and dual-core i5 MacBook Air (use for watching tourneys). It never crashes during spectator mode - just playing, for me. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a remedy. But, I have my Mini formatted optional booting (bootcamp) for Windows 7. And, if I do play I usually boot up Windows. Rarely crashes there, if that's an option for you?

Sorry, can't be much of help.

mikithebest
12-24-2013, 07:58 AM
Me too, i crashed almost every game.