PDA

View Full Version : FPS drops after 28/02 mavericks' update

purupaco
03-26-2014, 11:26 AM
Ever since my OS updated on 28/02 dota has dropped its fps considerably. It freezes constantly throughout the match, but somehow watching matches runs fine but even so sometimes it will also start with the fps lag.
Turning graphics lower or even the rendering wont improve my fps, it will only d/c me from the match and make me return with the same crappy lag. Shutting down dota and reopening in the middle of the match, which was a solution last year when i faced the same problem, won't work.

I searched all over the internet looking for a solution but nothing worked so far, my steam overlay UI is turned off as well.

Am I the only one facing this problem?
If so, the devs should be aware of that, because right before the OS update dota was running perfectly fine, no lag at all.

purupaco
05-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Even after this week's patch the problem was completely fixed. the fps drop isn't that great, but it still occurs during the match

stfun
05-02-2014, 04:38 PM
The game has been quite unplayable now. I've got a macbook pro from 2012 and before I could play at 1440x900 with medium settings and now i can't even play on 1280x600 on everything on low settings without experiencing stuttering frame rates.