PDA

View Full Version : Game keeps Crashing After I pick Hero!

DivineXnemesis
06-07-2014, 02:56 AM
Hello Dev's!

I am currently playing on an IMAC desktop with 16G Ram and the latest Mavericks software... After the latest two Dota 2 patch downloads, every time I join a game and pick or receive a character, the game will shut down on me.. And give me an "Dota_OSX has shut down un-expectently" and a long list of specs in the details. I have about 4 straight instant abandon's because of it, and i've spent hours online, reading forums and blogs trying to figure this out myself. The game works fine when I play against bots. I have reconfigured a lot of settings, to lower the graphics card and made plenty of adjustments.. and still nothing has been resolved.

If anyone has had the same issue on Mac's, or if they can tell me if it's a simple tweak that I need to apply to my settings or configuration. That would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks Divine

(P.S This happens on All pick, All random, Single Draft, and Random Draft so far).. When I reload back into dota 2, and connect back to the game.. It show's everything frozen with my mac rainbow swirl mac indicator spinning, and then dc's me again with the same error message. :(

noobhunter
06-07-2014, 09:40 PM
don't pick a hero then

DivineXnemesis
06-08-2014, 02:23 AM
^ Ladies and Gentlemen.. Troll award of the year, goes too.....

NGPriest
06-09-2014, 11:04 PM
Hello Dev's!

I am currently playing on an IMAC desktop with 16G Ram and the latest Mavericks software... After the latest two Dota 2 patch downloads, every time I join a game and pick or receive a character, the game will shut down on me.. And give me an "Dota_OSX has shut down un-expectently" and a long list of specs in the details. I have about 4 straight instant abandon's because of it, and i've spent hours online, reading forums and blogs trying to figure this out myself. The game works fine when I play against bots. I have reconfigured a lot of settings, to lower the graphics card and made plenty of adjustments.. and still nothing has been resolved.

If anyone has had the same issue on Mac's, or if they can tell me if it's a simple tweak that I need to apply to my settings or configuration. That would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks Divine

(P.S This happens on All pick, All random, Single Draft, and Random Draft so far).. When I reload back into dots 2, and connect back to the game.. It show's everything frozen with my mac rainbow swirl mac indicator spinning, and then dc's me again with the same error message. :(

Can you upload your crash dump? :S

DivineXnemesis
06-12-2014, 12:36 AM

DivineXnemesis
06-12-2014, 01:57 AM
And this is when it happens.. no Character on screen, when I to click play character.. Boom crashes.. 90% of the time.

DivineXnemesis
06-13-2014, 03:36 AM
Anyone have any educated guesses or idea's on what is causing it? plz let me know!

DivineXnemesis
06-15-2014, 03:04 AM
All is lost... not 1 person is having this issue or a brainiac with Macs/Dota2 Intell??

Jan2011
06-15-2014, 03:06 AM
All is lost... not 1 person is having this issue or a brainiac with Macs/Dota2 Intell??

You may want to look here https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Dota-2/issues for help. Maybe there some one knows more about mac

DivineXnemesis
06-15-2014, 04:30 PM
Ty Sir, I will check it out

DivineXnemesis
06-16-2014, 03:01 AM
no luck on that website lol

DivineXnemesis
06-16-2014, 03:57 PM
bumpskies