PDA

View Full Version : Enabling Techies in latest OSX patch (Source Finagler/mod questions)

ubermatik
07-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Apologies in advance if this isn't the right place to post this thread - if necessary, feel free to lock/move. Sorry if this type of thread is against ToS.

Secondly, I'm new here, so go easy! Hopefully there's a community that can help me.

With the recent patch bringing Techie's abilities and model into the game, I've become interested in enabling the hero to be played in a private lobby for test purposes.
I understand the method to do this in Windows, but I'm currently using OSX Mavericks and would love some help in manipulating some of the script files to allow me to do this.

I've located the location for npc_heroes.txt and active list.txt, but the files themselves do not exist. I understand they need to be extracted from the pak01_dir.vpk file in the script folder, but when using Source Finagler to do this, I can't seem to locate these two files at all. I'm currently navigating to Users/user/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/dota 2 beta. Am I in the wrong place? Or am I using the wrong method, seeing as I'm in OSX? Or is it simply possible for someone to share these files with me so I may alter them myself and drop them where they should be?

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated, and again, I apologise if this is not the correct place to be posing these questions. Help from moderators on this topic is also more than welcome.

Thanks,

Übermatik

GermanViet
07-01-2014, 12:14 PM
To play Techies -override_vpk this file to \Steam\SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\scripts\npc. If you found any bugs write them here (http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=123490&p=1107453&viewfull=1#post1107453) not to forget.

Click the arrow next to igo's name.
In his post you will be able to download a txt file. Put that file into the path he mentioned and put -override_vpk into your launch options.
Path should be pretty similar on a Mac.

ubermatik
07-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Click the arrow next to igo's name.
In his post you will be able to download a txt file. Put that file into the path he mentioned and put -override_vpk into your launch options.
Path should be pretty similar on a Mac.

This makes him appear in hero selection, but I can't select him! Any ideas? Don't I need to edit npc_heroes.txt?

wachon1992
07-01-2014, 02:00 PM
This makes him appear in hero selection, but I can't select him! Any ideas? Don't I need to edit npc_heroes.txt?

just wait he is released /: