PDA

View Full Version : Heavy lag during games since upgrade to OSX Mavericks

thalenius
11-24-2014, 02:01 PM
I'm running Dota 2 on an iMac. The problem is as follows:

- The screen freezes for a short amount of time during games
- The issue is more frequent during team fights (when a lot of stuff is going on)
- The issue is getting worse the longer a game progresses, and is not resetted between games
- Lowering the graphics quality and removing features (lighting, shadows etc.) increases the time before the issue sets in, but doesn't remove it
- The issue was introduced when I upgraded to OSX Maverick; I upgraded to Yosemite in the hope that it would fix the issue, but it was unchanged

The behaviour of this issue suggests to me that it's related to graphics. I've tested the network speed and it is consistently high, so network latency seems very unlikely. I don't know how to narrow it down further than this.
Before the Maverick upgrade I was able to run Dota 2 on the highest graphics settings, now the issue appears even on the lowest. I did a full reinstall of the computer, including Steam and Dota 2.

I used the launch parameter "net_graph" to view FPS in-game and it was above 50 fps even when the lags occur.

Seems similar to this thread: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=150645

thalenius
12-17-2014, 06:46 AM
Almost a month and no replies :(
I would really appreciate it if someone could take a look at this. The game is unplayable.