PDA

View Full Version : Mac OS X 10.7 Crash Following Compendium Update

IndyFell
05-01-2015, 08:30 AM
I was able to play a game or two last night following the first 6.84 patch, but when I woke up this morning the game won't even load following the compendium update. Just gives me an "dota_osx quit unexpectedly" error. I already tried verifying integrity of cache and that came up good, I even uninstalled local files and reinstalled all ~7 gigs of the game and still gives error. I can provide error log if that would help.

michaelkc
05-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Happens to me too, seems more unstable than it originally was. It's either at the end of every game for me or when using the armory stuff.

IndyFell
05-02-2015, 08:06 PM
I was able to at least get the game to launch by deleting all of my launch options. When I put them back on it crashes before starting at all. All I use was -high -novid and -console. No idea if that's the real cause or why it would do that.

AccP0
05-03-2015, 12:42 PM
For me it randomly works if i verify the cache, but other times it doesn't. sometimes i if i verify the cache after i just verified the cache, it re-dowloads a single file. its all very strange. and frustrating.

paulr
05-04-2015, 03:05 PM
Can confirm, happens as well on 10.10.3. Usually during mid game, or after trying to go through settings, or armory.
What I've manage to find out from the logs is that a pointer which is not allocated is trying to be freed somewhere in the code, and that's why the crash occurs.
Here's the complete crash log if it helps: http://pastebin.com/wJhcwa0F

Urien
05-08-2015, 04:26 AM
Happening to me as well. I'm not sure what is causing it, but it happened 4-5 times so far.