PDA

View Full Version : How to counter riki? Invisibility too?

Spr09
02-03-2012, 09:56 PM
In every single game that ive played where a riki is involved he gets over a 10:1 k/d ratio, and I've yet to find a counter to him other than using dust and hitting him with all 5 people and a tower at once. Is there a good counter to riki I could try?

In the first dota/wc3 if you got to close to an invisible unit they got revealed and people would start attacking them, but in dota 2 all invisible seem to be able to walk right next to you and start hitting as hard as they can. Is this a bug or going to be nerfed down soon, because this is a serious problem I've been having in most of the games I've played with anyone invisible.

meib
02-03-2012, 10:00 PM
troll? if not hes easy to harass out of lane, slardar ultimate, sentries, dust gank him when hes farming, gem

soumate
02-03-2012, 10:02 PM
imo some serious troll :P

7_ShininGAngel
02-03-2012, 10:08 PM
What are you talking about? It's the same way as wc3 dota. Only smoke of deceit gets despelled if you are near enemy heroes or towers, not rikimarus invisiblity.
Bkb, mkb, ghost scepter, euls, hex, heavens halberd, necromonicon, blademail, force staff and many more are counters to riki, depends on your hero obviously which item to get.

For heroes, go for disablers. Like lion, but make sure you have a ghost scepter or something like that atleast.
Slardar or bs will do aswell, or just go for a hardcarry like void, farm your items and beat the shit out of him.
But yes, I agree he is a bit strong for pubgames but only because people don't really care about him the whole game until he is beyond godlike and then they try to focus on him or kill him. He is not a really good farmer, but a killer.

tootboot
02-03-2012, 10:19 PM
He's easy to counter you just have to have a team that's not retarded, but you can say that about a lot of heroes.

Menoites
02-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Bounty Hunter Track, Slardar Amplify Magic, Gem of Truesight, Sentry Wards, Towers. All valid ways to counter Riki.

Also I believe Invoker's Tornado is currently bugged and breaks invisibility. But that will probably be fixed in a coming update.

AzianStrider
02-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Just buy gem. It's not that hard.

areid2
02-03-2012, 11:40 PM
not to mention invisibility doesn't work while silenced.

Boss_Kobra
02-03-2012, 11:44 PM
try axe

MDuh
02-03-2012, 11:45 PM
use detector heroes:
Slardar, Bounty Hunter, Barathrum

or if you don't want those heroes, a temporary invi disabling heroes
Traxex, Silencer, krobelus, Balanar (add aganims for more leetness), Axe, Puck, Shadow Shaman

Or Buy items to counter him:
Gem, Sent Wards, Malevolence, dust and necromicon

PieOnEar
02-04-2012, 01:34 AM
Reveal him with dust, then continue to nuke him to oblivion

BiRo
02-04-2012, 01:36 AM
Buy a ward for your lane until you have saved enough for a gem! Oo
Dust of appearance is another option

Maley
02-04-2012, 01:44 AM
Just don't let him farm in early game. He is so fucking easy to counter. He got no farming abilities, nearly no survivability other than his blink strike in early. Just get 2 ranged heros on his lane and fuck him up. Riki with no items is a joke. Later u can easy kill him with dust and 2 disables. Even farmed hes not a strong as magina or other hard carries. If he cant backstab u, he doesnt do that much dps. So dont be afraid to just fight him in the cloud and wait for allies, dont turn your back to him.
Halberd is also really strong item against him cause u can cast it in cloud and Halberd is so usefull for most str heroes.

Avs
02-04-2012, 02:21 AM
Go to playdota.com and read the guides.

Zamzoph
02-04-2012, 02:32 AM
Don't forget that even if a hero is invisible, you can still fuck him up with AOE abilities if you have an idea of where he is.

tealc
02-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Zeus also has the ability of revealing riki with his skills. Lightning Bolt provides truesight around the target in a radius of 900. Thundergod's Wrath also provides truesight around each hero struck in a radius of 900.

BLABLAFU
02-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Post questions like this on the playdota.com forum. The Dota2 Beta forum is for Beta feedback and suggestions.