PDA

View Full Version : Question about Disconnect/Abandonment System

w00tingspree
02-20-2012, 02:10 AM
Does anyone know the complete rules to the abandonment system? (Just talking about disconnects and abandons, not wins/losses associated with leavers).

Here's what I've gathered:
Early Abandonment: Once triggered, the game is safe to leave. A person who triggers too many Early Abandonments is punished with Low Priority matchmaking.

1. AFK 5 minutes (?) triggers Early Abandonment.
2. Disconnecting for 5 minutes triggers Early Abandonment. Example: Internet cuts out, you can't reconnect.
3. Disconnecting and clicking "Leave Game" triggers Early Abandonment. This prevents you from reconnecting, and allows you to queue immediately after leaving. Example: Ragequitter quits and starts a new game.
4. If you disconnect and the game ends before 5 minutes, you do not trigger Early Abandonment. Example: you're about to win/lose throne, so you close out of Dota 2.
5. The game ends if it detects that all five players on one team have disconnected. Example: someone quits, the remaining 4 players wait until it's safe to leave, and leave. The game ends.

My question is: what happens if all five players disconnect BEFORE Early Abandonment is triggered? Does the game end fast, with no abandons, like #4 and #5? Does the game wait for Early Abandonment to be triggered? Does the first leaver get an abandon?

Example: team of 5 playing in a house, internet cuts out. What happens?

Bloodmoth
02-20-2012, 02:26 AM
New in DotA 2, very interested about how win/losses/abandons work, sorry I can't provide an answer but I'm interested in the topic. Adding a quick noob question: "Safe to leave" means you don't get an abandon, but you still get a loss right? So if my 4 teammates all leave and stay 1v5, wait 5 minutes and game isn't over (defend), then when it's "safe to leave" I still get a loss?

I already asked it in my own thread but also popping it here because it bothered me. Even if from what I understand the system works as described above, yesterday I played a game as Pudge which ended 4v3 (I was in 4 side), I won, and the win didn't get accounted. Why? When my teammates leave, no matter how many, I always get my loss. Why didn't get my win in the above scenario? (I can provide exact time/specifics of the game if it is of any help to anyone to tell me what happened).

WARDIGI
02-20-2012, 02:36 AM
Yes you'll get a loss.

Bloodmoth
02-20-2012, 06:32 AM
Yes you'll get a loss.

Okay I get that, but why didn't I get a win that game? Because of leavers? If you get a loss when your teammates leave, but not a win when enemies leave, what's the point in staying and fight when enemies leave? Or is there a specific rule about how early a leave happens that prevents the game from being accounted in stats?

EDIT: I can provide said game ID if you want/any help.

deDoc
02-20-2012, 10:30 AM
youŽll get a loss, no matter what. and you get nice neg. stats (3 leavers in a row--> y thereŽs no achievement for? and 17 reports on leaver/flamer) in 2 weeks...

also would be interesting to know if this kind of loss is affecting your hidden ranking...

Zyphron
02-20-2012, 10:46 AM
youŽll get a loss, no matter what. and you get nice neg. stats (3 leavers in a row--> y thereŽs no achievement for? and 17 reports on leaver/flamer) in 2 weeks...

also would be interesting to know if this kind of loss is affecting your hidden ranking...
Huh?

deDoc
02-20-2012, 10:51 AM
sry... just some anger inside of me wanted to say something in an sarcastic way

slowreflex
02-20-2012, 10:57 AM
From dev, which should help with some of the understanding around this (has been discussed in quite a few threads)...

Here are the rules for what happens when there is a leaver in a game:

Games with the wrong number of players at start never count - not really a problem any more but used to happen occasionally.

If there is a leaver before any action has occurred then wins/losses are not recorded. The exception to this is if the team with the leaver manages to win 4v5 then the game will still count (this doesn't happen very often and when it does those guys deserve the win).

If there is a leaver later in the game then wins and losses will be awarded appropriately (the leaver always loses). People can leave if they don't want to play 4v5 and they will not get an abandon point. People who leave after this point will not automatically get a loss like the first leaver but will get a win or a loss based on the outcome of the game.

Let me know if you have a MatchId where this isn't the case and I'll take a look.

Nolf
02-20-2012, 12:16 PM
From dev, which should help with some of the understanding around this (has been discussed in quite a few threads)...

Does it mean, in scenario like this:

Normal 5v5 game, in like 30th minute player from team B leaves. He leaves consciously, its 5v4, and the game says - it is free to leave. When rest 4 players from team B leave they all get loss?

xXSynXx
02-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Does it mean, in scenario like this:

Normal 5v5 game, in like 30th minute player from team B leaves. He leaves consciously, its 5v4, and the game says - it is free to leave. When rest 4 players from team B leave they all get loss?

yes.since its already at 30min.from what eric said, (i cant find his other post) if the abandonment is within 10min, match wont be counted. another condition which is as per posted above "If there is a leaver before any action has occurred then wins/losses are not recorded"

w00tingspree
02-20-2012, 12:39 PM
> (Just talking about disconnects and abandons, not wins/losses associated with leavers).

OK now the topic has been hijacked to talk about wins/losses associated with leavers >_>

The original question is whether or not anyone gets an abandon if Scenario 4 and 5 are combined. So no one still knows anything about what happens if the game ends (due to 5-man disconnect) BEFORE Early Abandonment is triggered?

Bloodmoth
02-20-2012, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by EricTams
Here are the rules for what happens when there is a leaver in a game:

Games with the wrong number of players at start never count - not really a problem any more but used to happen occasionally.

If there is a leaver before any action has occurred then wins/losses are not recorded. The exception to this is if the team with the leaver manages to win 4v5 then the game will still count (this doesn't happen very often and when it does those guys deserve the win).

If there is a leaver later in the game then wins and losses will be awarded appropriately (the leaver always loses). People can leave if they don't want to play 4v5 and they will not get an abandon point. People who leave after this point will not automatically get a loss like the first leaver but will get a win or a loss based on the outcome of the game.

Let me know if you have a MatchId where this isn't the case and I'll take a look.

Wait. So a player leaves right away leaving the game 5v4. Then the game won't accord stats if the 5 team wins, but if the 4 team wins they get the win? So it's unfair for the 5 team and highly abusable. Because you won't get a win no matter what, but you can still lose this! Wtf?

yes.since its already at 30min.from what eric said, (i cant find his other post) if the abandonment is within 10min, match wont be counted. another condition which is as per posted above "If there is a leaver before any action has occurred then wins/losses are not recorded"

Now THAT might be the real answer to my question. If the first leaver left before 10 minutes, then that's why I didn't get a win... Can you find a confirmation/source for this? Also, when you say "leaver before 10 minutes", you mean "free to leave" scenario before 10 minutes, which means 5min+5min in which the leaver didn't return? Or 10 minutes leaver+5minutes 15?

w00tingspree
02-20-2012, 03:12 PM
bump

So no one has any idea what happens? I kind of want to test it out now but don't want to accidentally get an abandon.

Bloodmoth
02-20-2012, 03:13 PM
lol you bumped a second after I posted :D

nuke
02-20-2012, 05:21 PM
This abandon system is really not good atm, I got 2 afk abandons due to my health problems today ( went afk for 5mins in both games ), and now i am in leaver pool for 2 days :( i have ~500games, and this got me 8th and 9th abandon count :(

All my abandons were due to crashes or something, so now i feel kinda sad for being in leaver pool altough i didn't afk on purpose, and pausing on pub is = not possible...

In 1 game i was enigma with equal score, and in other i was main semi-carry with pudge, had like 15-4 in 20mins of game, so it ain't afk for sure.

This should be revised, and afk problems should be solved in other way,cause now i can't play dota for 2 days with my friends due to low priority pool...

TVF
02-20-2012, 05:30 PM
That's one of the massive flaws of this system, nuke. There's absolutely no way to make up for "abandons"... unless commends do that, but 99.999% of people are more likely to report you than commend you.

nuke
02-21-2012, 01:43 AM
Well i have like few commends, friendly etc etc, didn't even know someone commend me, but for sure this abandon/afk thing is not good experience, atleast there should be vote should my team kick me or no, cause if i go afk to ruin my teams game, for sure they would like to kick me so i get punished, but if they see i am fair and good player, they would keep me altough i am afk in base for like 5 mins...