PDA

View Full Version : Left click not properly registering/delay

Micairinos
04-21-2017, 07:39 PM
FOUND THE SOLUTION (See Edit(3))

Since the last patch, I experience some important delays on left clicks (casting spells, Attack move) while in-game, but also in the menus (I can left click and drag a 'set' in a treasure, but it won't start to rotate until 0,5s to 1s after the original click). Only happens in Dota 2, tried switching mouse also.

I also did the Verifying game cache. (Edit(1): Reinstalled Dota 2 from my Steam Library, the problem was not resolved)

Thanks!

Edit(1): More info on the problem: It really only affects left clicks, the right clicks are still instantaneous, which affects Attack-moves and casting targetable spells (not using quick cast), also the longer the game goes on for, the longer the delay will be.

Edit(2): Did a clean install of OSX Sierra, downloaded Steam and Dota 2 right away, the problem is gone. Maybe a little drastic of a solution, but a quick way to see if it was a hardware problem.

Edit(3): The problem came back, same thing, the left click not registering properly/delay, but I found what it is! It is the app "Magnet" for OSX that is causing the delay, rendering Dota2 way harder than supposed to (and other games such as L4D, Borderlands from what I tested). I would recommend you to switch to a similar app that works for real (bettertouchtool for example)

--------
More info on my computer if necessary:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP112.0138.B25