PDA

View Full Version : Why do Creeps still spawn from thin air - even when the Rax down?

Acid Snow
04-03-2012, 10:13 AM
It's time DotA evolved its method of spawning Creeps, because having them appear out of thin air (even without a Rax) looks so 2002 :rolleyes:

...DotA needs to improve the visuals/style/method of creeps spawn. Because it's currently really bad. Being such a well polished game, maybe its time the creep-spawning mechanic evolved - possibly having them spawn in front of the Ancient (isn't he/she spawning them anyway?).

What do you guys think?

EDIT: I just had a great idea how we could animate the spawning of creeps in a meaningful & informative way.
...As it stands right now, there's no clear indicator when creeps are gunna spawn, but we can fix that!

SOLUTION: The creep's "souls" could emerge [from each throne] as little blue/red whisps, and over the course of a few seconds they could slowly fly to their spawn location!

This would give a visual indicator as to exactly WHEN the creeps spawn! ...So it'll no longer be a guessing game.

jkickic
04-03-2012, 10:19 AM
After rax are down creeps could emerge from the ground and have a zombie-ish look!

slowreflex
04-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Well, it is fantasy game, so it's fine to be unrealistic. I do agree though that they could make it more real. Maybe coming up some stairs from an underground tunnel or something.

ZShock
04-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Are there some examples in other MOBAs about how could this change? I mean, have LoL, HoN or I dunno, some of those chinese dota-like multiplayer games taken this in account? I'm not really into any other games so that's my question.

1337_n00b
04-03-2012, 11:10 AM
LOL has its' creeps march out of the main building, due to a lack of barracks.

In fact, this has been bothering me as well. A teleportation animation would fit quite nicely.

DeathByVoid
04-03-2012, 11:16 AM
I've thought about this before, but couldn't think of anything that would make sense. I'm not a fan of them clawing their way out of the ground, but I do agree it's random having them just appear out of thin air.

Almadiel
04-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Having units pop into existence without any kind of effect or animation is unpolished. Its not fantastical, its just bad. There should be something, even if its just a puff of smoke.

mr.ioes
04-03-2012, 11:47 AM
An orange portal could open and creeps jump out of it.

Nemozini
04-03-2012, 11:57 AM
An orange portal could open and creeps jump out of it. For science.

Mr.Evo
04-03-2012, 12:00 PM
I'd like to see them either walking out of the raxes or spawning out of sth. Like giving the dire creeps a SC 2 zerg eggish spawn animation and let the radiant ones appear in a warp-inish animation :)

BiRo
04-03-2012, 01:09 PM
I wouldn't mind some animation while creeps spawn

Acid Snow
04-03-2012, 01:15 PM
...giving the dire creeps a SC 2 zerg eggish spawn animation and let the radiant ones appear in a warp-inish animation :)That's a good start; all the creeps really need is just some minor "flash" of a teleportation animation - a twinkle for the Radiant, and a cloud of dust/ash for the Dire.

ZShock
04-03-2012, 01:33 PM
That's a good start; all the creeps really need is just some minor "flash" of a teleportation animation - a twinkle for the Radiant, and a cloud of dust/ash for the Dire.But I still think that, somehow, seems out of place! I guess I'll have to see it with my own eyes :P

SlyGoat
04-03-2012, 02:31 PM

Blue portal for Radiant, orange for Dire.

Infinity Gems
04-03-2012, 03:22 PM
On the dire side there should be blood pools in front of the rax that show the creeps coming up out of them, and radiant creeps spawn from energy coalescing into a form

omegadon3
04-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Why don't they come out of the barracks?

PlausibleSarge
04-03-2012, 05:01 PM
They should walk out of the barracks, and if you have been raxxed they could just teleport in.

I don't really care that much and it is basically fine as is, but this would be nice I guess. Not high on the priority list, though

mr.ioes
04-03-2012, 05:22 PM
They should walk out of the barracks, and if you have been raxxed they could just teleport in.

I don't really care that much and it is basically fine as is, but this would be nice I guess. Not high on the priority list, though

You'd still face a problem when there are no raxes anymore. Also, I don't like the idea of creeps simply exiting raxes, hence it shouldn't be implemented anyway.
My suggestion with portals obviously is the best solution!

portal opens on ground - creeps jump out - portal closes. lol ...

SomeAsian
04-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Why not have them be catapulted out from the ancients to where they spawn? Or have dire flame into existence and radiant grow out of the ground.

Zzod
04-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Animations too long messes creep timing up

chrisfrh
04-03-2012, 06:10 PM
in my opinion its great the way it is.

if you spawn creeps from the ancient, it will be very easy to poll them
E.g.
You just destroyed bot and now you want the mid. You poll mid creeps to the bot. They will now attack the your bot creeps. (Usually when you take down towers you have lots of creeps, so that will give you a lot of time to take mid)

vladhood
04-03-2012, 06:15 PM
don't need oversaturated animations to make everything make sense aesthetically.. the creeps spawn the way they do for a reason and the reason isn't 'because valve was too lazy to put in animations'

FischiO_o
04-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Between the Raxes is a small gab ... maybe they could port out from it

BenSkysong
04-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Have a gateway appear then the creeps comes out from there and play a recording that goes "For Aiur".

SomeAsian
04-03-2012, 07:22 PM
I think a simple particle poof would be enough. Simple and no need to worry about spawning animation times.

Andre
04-03-2012, 10:46 PM
More clutter in the rax area... no thanks.. already enough..

Acid Snow
04-04-2012, 12:08 AM
if you spawn creeps from the ancient, it will be very easy to poll them
E.g.
You just destroyed bot and now you want the mid. You poll mid creeps to the bot. They will now attack the your bot creeps. (Usually when you take down towers you have lots of creeps, so that will give you a lot of time to take mid)But... ...Doesn't this sound like a FAIL-mechanic in the game? Afterall, aren't the creeps the "protector" of the Ancient, yet they spawn so far away - worthlessly (gameplay balance being somewhat ignored).

findus
04-04-2012, 12:46 AM
These are the things that Icefrog should definitely be looking at now that Valve have the ability to program whatever the hell they want. Like someone mentioned, dire creeps could 'rise' from blood pools on the floor or something, radiant could 'rise' like trees from the ground.

Another thing that bugs me are the neutrals. Give them some reason for being where they are, rather than just a 100% gameplay mechanic. Have them cooking, or setting up camp, or even bloody playing cards or something.

Acid Snow
04-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Another thing that bugs me are the neutrals. Give them some reason for being where they are...Have them cooking, or setting up camp, or even bloody playing cards or something.Oh, man, you got a lol outa me. Good stuff. ...I agree with you lolz :p

Enai Siaion
04-04-2012, 01:34 AM
The same creeps you attempt to backstab before the enemy kills them?

Another thing that bugs me are the neutrals. Give them some reason for being where they are, rather than just a 100% gameplay mechanic. Have them cooking, or setting up camp, or even bloody playing cards or something.

The same neutrals you can duplicate by kiting them away at each two minute mark?

d.phoenixxx
04-04-2012, 01:38 AM

The same neutrals you can duplicate by kiting them away at each two minute mark?

You from LoL?

Its 1min mark.

Irrelevante
04-04-2012, 01:40 AM

It's a war. Hence why heroes deem the lives of creeps unimportant in comparison of enemy heroes claiming the bounties for killing said creeps.

A new cluster of creeps moves in while the other one is out chasing heroes.

Honestly, I don't see why people are against adding more attention to detail when it comes to things like this. It can only improve the thematic feel of the game for players, after all.

Enai Siaion
04-04-2012, 01:53 AM
You from LoL?

What LoL creep has a 2 min respawn time? Small camps are 0:50-1:15, big camps are 5/6/7 minutes. -_-

ZShock
04-04-2012, 08:20 AM
I was thinking the dust poof that happens shortly after a sentry ward expires would be suitable, other effects, at least for me, might seem unsuitable. Coming up from the ground, trees, portals or fire just seems out of place and, in some way, doesn't respect the tradition. Although, that part is kinda subjective.

Unsoppapeable
04-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Nice poll.

Imo the creeps should appear by 1 on 1 and stack on the barracs beign it visible. When is time to respawn, a gate on the barracs open and they go all togheter to the lane (the Dire barracs can have something likes jails). When the barracs are destroyed, the creeps of Dire would appear from underground caves, and the Radiant creeps from radiants portals or some other shinny stuff. (sorry for my english).

Timbonator
04-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Absolutely no reason to change this. I mean fireballs can appear from Lina's hands for no reason, so why can't creeps appear for no reason. Trying to make sense out of this will only mess with the mechanics of the game. Valve has other things to focus on.

ZShock
04-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Absolutely no reason to change this. I mean fireballs can appear from Lina's hands for no reason, so why can't creeps appear for no reason. Trying to make sense out of this will only mess with the mechanics of the game. Valve has other things to focus on.It's about cosmetics. You're missing the whole reason of the thread.

ZoroX
04-04-2012, 09:14 AM
It's fine the way it is now, stop complaining about stupid shit. +1

Makal
04-04-2012, 10:14 AM
It's about cosmetics. You're missing the whole reason of the thread.

^This

We don't really need an explanation about it. It is only VISUALLY odd that the creeps appear from thin air. It's an aesthetic, cosmetic, visual suggestion, and I like it.

arithal
04-04-2012, 10:50 AM
The amount of people arguing to keep things unchanged because its the way things have always been is really astounding. For one thing its a terrible reason to leave things unchanged and if it keeps game play mechanics unchanged then there really is no reason to complain.

That being said I can understand someone no to any creep spawn animation to avoid clutter. I feel like Valve can figure out a way to integrate something into creeps being spawned so they aren't just appearing into thin air.

So that is a big +1 for me on creep spawn animation while also giving some reason for the neutrals as well. I never even thought of that until a poster mentioned it earlier. This wouldn't be a stretch to try and validate the neutrals a bit considering Valve put out that line of comics to explain the side shop vendor and how different weapons have come to be.

mindfaQ
04-04-2012, 10:54 AM
mby the blink animation of antimage, just reversed.

CvP
04-04-2012, 11:41 AM
and blue portal on ancient!

theNewThing
04-04-2012, 02:54 PM
if you want something 'realistic', there should no creeps spawn after rax down.

Irrelevante
04-04-2012, 03:21 PM
if you want something 'realistic', there should no creeps spawn after rax down.

The point of the thread <-----------------------------------------------------------------> Your head

OP isn't asking for realism. He's asking for an effect for creeps spawning since them popping up like they are looks bland and unfinished.

simplysh
04-05-2012, 05:51 AM
Having units pop into existence without any kind of effect or animation is unpolished. Its not fantastical, its just bad. There should be something, even if its just a puff of smoke.
This.

Acid Snow
04-10-2012, 10:50 AM
I just had a great idea how we could animate the spawning of creeps in a meaningful & informative way.
...As it stands right now, there's no clear indicator when creeps are gunna spawn, but we can fix that!

SOLUTION: The creep's "souls" could emerge [from each throne] as little blue/red whisps, and over the course of a few seconds they could slowly fly to their spawn location!

This would give a visual indicator as to exactly WHEN the creeps spawn! ...So it'll no longer be a guessing game.

Sol Invictus
04-10-2012, 10:59 AM
I just had a great idea how we could animate the spawning of creeps in a meaningful & informative way.
...As it stands right now, there's no clear indicator when creeps are gunna spawn,

There is an indicator: creeps spawn every 30 seconds (1:00, 1:30, 2:00, etc.). So that isn't a good reason to add an effect.

I'm all for a small (not too complex) visual effect just for aesthetic reasons though.

thethingexe
04-10-2012, 12:08 PM
...So it'll no longer be a guessing game.

But it isn't a guessing game.. Creeps spawn every 30 seconds.

EDIT: just so I can look even more like the guy above me, I suggest that you give them the summon effect when they spawn, kind of like lycan's wolves, necrobook, etc.

Or some parity with wc3, and make the sentinel creeps spawn with the mass teleport effect, and scourge creeps with the purple demon door effect.

squinte
04-10-2012, 12:11 PM
I never fully understood why Creeps spawn after the barracks were taken out. I mean I get that if they didn't the team without a rax would have no chance of coming back at all. But it's what causes them to spawn, isn't it? Regardless, I liked the idea in the edited part of the post, having them convert from wisps to full body creeps from the ancient to the barracks would be cool.

An idea I have is to just fade them in, sort of like the putty from the original Power Rangers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nkZWxcgaUE) and make them fade out/explode like the putty as well when they die.

blash365
04-10-2012, 12:27 PM
and please add a huge pack filled with hammers to svens belt. so that we always know, where his storm bolts come from. my imagination is too limited to explain his spells otherwise...

p.s.: creeps spawn at second '00 and '30. you simply need to look at the ingame clock to know when they will spawn.

These are the things that Icefrog should definitely be looking at now that Valve have the ability to program whatever the hell they want. Like someone mentioned, dire creeps could 'rise' from blood pools on the floor or something, radiant could 'rise' like trees from the ground.

good post.

thanatos_kod
04-10-2012, 12:54 PM
How about having some doors in the rax through which the creeps come out, when the rax are down as said by Op they could show some ghosts turning into creeps.

I do agree with Op that the creeps spawn look a bit weird , especially in 2012 :P

havoc2
04-10-2012, 03:33 PM
I think its an important addition. Not the sense that its ground breaking in terms of gameplay. But for E-Sport. E-Sport is all about recognising Visuals and seeing what is going on. If valve is serious abotu E-Sport then yes there game must look polished and "pretty".

Acid Snow
04-10-2012, 03:59 PM
...creeps spawn every 30 seconds (1:00, 1:30, 2:00, etc.).Creeps need some kind of indicator as to when they're gunna spawn, because as it stands now: NOOBS don't look at the clock to see when stuff happens. ...Hell, I've been playing DotA since 2005 and I visit the forums all the time, but I've never (until now) committed to memory when creeps spawn - it's just not important to my play style; but it a hugely-important mechanic to the game.

theringisMINE
04-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Hell, I've been playing DotA since 2005 and I visit the forums all the time, but I've never (until now) committed to memory when creeps

If someone has been playing 7 years and still doesn't know when creeps spawn, they dont need a special visual indicator - they need to pay more attention to simple shit. End of story. We shouldnt have visual queues for people who pay as much attention to the game as a disabled child would. It's 'ok' for the game to have things like advanced mechanics (eg: Where to ward to prevent creeps spawning) - and if people want to know/take advantage of them, its ok to make it their responsibility to seek it out. Same with creeps: Knowing when they spawn is pretty simple, but a noob doesnt need to care much for it and they can still play the game just fine. People who want to get deeper into game and become more advanced can *gasp* learn and pay attention.

This whole topic is a bit of a circus. At worst, nothing needs to change. At best, its such a low priority Valve should focus on finishing the game first and worrying about this kind of trivial stuff afterwards.

andreya
04-10-2012, 07:13 PM
make the dire raise from ground
like zombies

and the radiant?
i have no idea for radiant

HMAN911
04-10-2012, 07:18 PM
make the dire raise from ground
like zombies

and the radiant?
i have no idea for radiant

Hatch from tree seeds?

andreya
04-13-2012, 01:41 AM
Hatch from tree seeds?
thats good too
but it seems same like zombies raise from ground hahahah

delfinus
04-13-2012, 02:09 AM
These are unnecessary cosmetics. Game will look like a girl with tons of makeup.

TiTi
04-13-2012, 02:28 AM
These are unnecessary cosmetics. Game will look like a girl with tons of makeup.
Of course, if you put a green giant transforming each of his fingers into creep, one by one, all that while dancing, singing and clothed as a clown, it would be like a girl with a lot of make up... :rolleyes:

But just a smoke, a flash of light, anything discreet would just make the girl's acne disappear.

Morvan
04-13-2012, 02:59 AM
The idea isn't bad, but there hasn't been a single idea which was worthwhile while not cluttering up the rax area needlessly.

kostejnesmrtelny
04-13-2012, 06:14 AM
Just add stairs leading underground, place them among barracks ruins and make creeps crawl out of there....

Diabolic
04-13-2012, 07:08 AM
An orange portal could open and creeps jump out of it.Blue for Radiant, Orange for Dire.

SubNoize
04-13-2012, 07:37 AM
I like this idea, was actually thinking about suggesting it myself the other day. Good to see someone else has.

rasielll
04-13-2012, 08:02 AM
Well, it is fantasy game, so it's fine to be unrealistic.
No, don't say that! :D

---

Slight teleportation effect would be fine. Also, mega creeps MUST look a little-bit more powerful, not just a size-scale. May be some armor...

Vaxkiller
04-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Also, mega creeps MUST look a little-bit more powerful, not just a size-scale. May be some armor...

I think they should wear hats...
-Vax

arithal
04-13-2012, 10:22 AM
I think they should wear hats...
-Vax

radiant megas should spawn with the TF2 sniper hat and the dire should spawn with giant evil mustaches.

ivan.todorovich
04-13-2012, 11:24 AM

This.. +1

Acid Snow
04-29-2012, 12:10 AM
I like this idea, was actually thinking about suggesting it myself the other day. Good to see someone else has.Great minds think alike ;)

DarkMess1ah
04-29-2012, 12:25 AM

This man, knows whats up! + 1

nicoman
05-24-2012, 11:05 AM
+1 to the suggestion made by findus, if my neutral creeps are playing cards I would love that.

Goyo
06-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Edit

Jantje_Beton
06-30-2012, 06:54 PM
I kinda like this thread. I'm sure Valve could come up with an epic way of the creeps spawning.

duoform
06-30-2012, 06:55 PM
I support the idea. Maybe even (I think someone already said it) a transportation animation would be damn great!

wesai
06-30-2012, 07:44 PM
I like the souls suggestion. It's animation could really be awesome. O.O

GrandCrusader
06-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Well, y'know.. they could actually make them come out from the barracks.. That would be great.

On a side note, For those who are curious if this would delay in some way the creeps advancing, it won't happen, it's a purely cosmetic change, and if they DO have some animation on it, the Devs could easily make the creeps's animation faster so the timing could remain just the same.

NXTk
06-30-2012, 09:20 PM
On the dire side there should be blood pools in front of the rax that show the creeps coming up out of them, and radiant creeps spawn from energy coalescing into a form
This

Hodnas
06-30-2012, 11:38 PM
+1

Monsterlord
06-30-2012, 11:41 PM
Quality topic, surprised I haven't seen it before.

It does need to happen sooner or later though. Even the original Dota has an indicator before creep spawning, so being able to improve on that should, and probably already is, a goal Valve's aiming for.

I personally would like to see Dire clawing their way up and out of the ground, while Radiance grows.

nef
07-01-2012, 01:40 AM
don't need oversaturated animations to make everything make sense aesthetically.. the creeps spawn the way they do for a reason and the reason isn't 'because valve was too lazy to put in animations'
reason is "that's how they spawned in dota 1", but dota 2 deserves something better

NickO
07-01-2012, 04:53 AM
EDIT: I just had a great idea how we could animate the spawning of creeps in a meaningful & informative way.

It isn't a guessing game at all. They ALWAYS spawn at the same times and players who are aware of this should be rewarded for their knowledge.

Acid Snow
08-09-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm still in favor of some kind of Soul for the creeps... Sure it might give some info away saying "hey look there are the souls for the creeps, get ready PitLord & Earthshaker!"

MaxBeoulve
08-09-2012, 09:09 AM
No. And there is the timer for that so you "predict" the creeps spawning, not some effect alerting the enemys about the creeps. Maybe a insta-effect exactly when they spawn, like a flash or a teleport, but would be too much of fireworks in the base.

Cojiro
08-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Spawning out of thin air is old school, however this is more of a nice to have as opposed to necessity. It doesn't hurt one way or the other, however I'm sure Valve has more important fish to fry. When Valve is bored of making money on cosmetic transactions I'm sure they'll look at suggestions like these.

Direclaw
08-09-2012, 11:08 AM
I realy think gameplay is priority, but I see no reason to not make it better, your solution is not bad, it need some polishing. You said that there is no way to know when the creeps are spawning I will tell you that every 0 and 30 second mark they will spawn. A visual indicator wouldnt hurt.

Direclaw
08-09-2012, 11:21 AM
What LoL creep has a 2 min respawn time? Small camps are 0:50-1:15, big camps are 5/6/7 minutes. -_-

dota creeps respawn every 30 seconds.

Complex
08-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Yeah, creep spawning rework would be nice but there are other things that need to be addessed before that. Thus, creeps bring a lot of questions into the table, why are creeps stronger if enemy raks are down? why do they turn into megacreeps? are those raks or inhibitators like in LoL ?
Anyways, it would be nice to know this stuff, but there are more important things to be done before they can polish these details i think.

gyogyomega
08-09-2012, 12:09 PM
You know there is not a lot wrong with a game when its fanbase is complaining about petty things.

awes0meaxel
08-09-2012, 01:24 PM
I think a simple flash of smoke will suffice.

FoxCharge
08-09-2012, 01:59 PM
A wispy particle effect would solve all of this.

triz_b
08-16-2012, 08:06 AM
hmm... they already have it, something like mini-cyclone in the middle of rax, i guess its creep port zone :3

Goldenkrow
08-16-2012, 09:14 AM
I like this idea

Marth77
08-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Stairs from hell for dire, Don't know any good one for Radiant. >.>

darksun
08-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Stairs from hell for dire, Don't know any good one for Radiant. >.>

Stairs from heaven.

I also support the idea, by the way.

ugot.juked
08-16-2012, 12:27 PM
i like the idea

Porre
08-16-2012, 12:29 PM
+1

AzulMachina
08-16-2012, 03:17 PM
For science.

Now you're thinking with portals!

Lukiose
08-17-2012, 04:22 AM
"No Support!" Otherwise we will not have such funny fails like the last clip anymore! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=815CPu1lHj4
But on a serious note, i believe the creep spawning mechanic needs a makeover too so +1

Acid Snow
08-19-2012, 08:13 PM
...OP here...
If the Creeps spawn every 30 seconds (which is a predictable time-frame since we all have a game-clock), then there MUST be a visual cue added into DotA 2 just for the noobs].

Why have one [a timer] but not the other [visual/audio cue], it's just BAD GAME DESIGN IceFrog...

Stratubas
08-19-2012, 11:05 PM
It's not so much about timing, it's about the creeps exact spawning location, which is currently unknown.

If the spawning visuals don't give a clue about the spawning locations
(not the whole spawning area, just the individual spawning spots), I'm +9999. That'd be awesome.

Otherwise, t-null, because knowing exactly where the creeps spawn will affect hero positioning too.
I'm not sure if that'll be good or bad, but I'm leaning towards bad.

Ubbermann
08-19-2012, 11:20 PM
"it's a gameplay mechanic" is a rather silly argument, since well would it really change ANYTHING if say the creeps had a small magic/teleport animation on them for the 0.5secs as they move. Effect only no movement impairing or warning signs of sorts.

chaochenese
08-20-2012, 12:31 AM
Next you're going to complain that the heroes are as tall as trees, and that you can't see up a hill that is more or less the same height as yourself.

Radio
08-20-2012, 01:32 AM
Genius. Blue for Radiant, orange for Dire.

Dyson228
08-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Combining this with another thread, I think it would be pretty cool if they spawned from the ancient somehow, and then when they passed up the rax they gained armor (doesn't actually have properties, just a visual thing). This way when the rax is down they never have armor.

Plasma Ball
08-20-2012, 08:24 AM
The Radiant ones currently spawn from that circle portal thing inbetween the rax (it's blue and reddish). They should just give them the white spawning effect the heroes have when they respawn, and give a similar portal to the Dire and have that same spawning visual effect.

Davydboy
09-17-2012, 08:46 AM
I still think something should be done for this.

weapon_penguin
09-17-2012, 11:11 AM

you know, nothing other than the big timer on the top of the screen.

Acid Snow
09-17-2012, 03:02 PM
you know, nothing other than the big timer on the top of the screen....OP here: I think you're generalizing the problem with Creep Spawns, not everyone looks at the clock [me included, I never look at it], I think there needs to be a "visual feedback for players whos' brains are visually coordinated."

I'm a visual learner, I don't learn anything with numbers, in fact I ignore any & all numbers as often as possible, I fucking hate them, numbers mean nothing to me. Except for Sesame Street's number songs (lame ass 1980's :p) I fucking hate everything number related.

knurlhelm
09-17-2012, 03:46 PM
...OP here: I think you're generalizing the problem with Creep Spawns, not everyone looks at the clock [me included, I never look at it], I think there needs to be a "visual feedback for players whos' brains are visually coordinated."

I'm a visual learner, I don't learn anything with numbers, in fact I ignore any & all numbers as often as possible, I fucking hate them, numbers mean nothing to me. Except for Sesame Street's number songs (lame ass 1980's :p) I fucking hate everything number related.

Just look at the fucking clock, it's the same as a visual indicator, or you want to start horn sounds and pinging every spawn?

+1 on the red/blue portals idea

Shovelrats
09-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Make ruined barracks at their place so they can spawn from there. They are "militia" anyway.

Virii
09-18-2012, 01:03 AM
Great topic, i hope valve do something about this!

Scorror
09-18-2012, 01:23 AM

Have you ever tried watching the clock at the top? It tell you when the creeps spawn and therefore it is no guessing game, but a gamemechanic. How creeps spawn? i don't care either way, but i have to admit that this soulidea sounds pretty nice and would be great to see if the game goes into full release

Roggan29
09-18-2012, 02:02 AM
After rax are down creeps could emerge from the ground and have a zombie-ish look!

This is exactly what comes to my mind after reading the first post :)
so +1 for this

tNag552
09-18-2012, 03:15 AM
at least some kind of spawn effect, like they are being teleported or created, magic portals? Xen portals? p0rtal portals?

Shovelrats
11-02-2012, 08:56 AM
Yes, something needs to be done to modernize creep spawn visuals.

radioactivfishy
11-02-2012, 10:19 AM
would upvote for this. Even just a simple teleport effect would fix it. Suprise us Valve.

Jasmine
11-22-2012, 03:39 AM
Creeps from 3 lanes should spawn from the Ancient, because like op said it's weird and moreover, it's even more weird when the ancient is under attack and the creeps dont even pay attention to it.

Stew
11-22-2012, 03:56 AM
yeah, the best suggestion until now: seconds before respawn, creeps souls come out of ancient and go to their respective respawn points. right there, the souls fade into creeps itself.

Nycoh
11-22-2012, 11:49 AM
yey stairs from hell for dire and stair from heaven for radiant

Barricade_RSA
11-22-2012, 01:58 PM
yeah, the best suggestion until now: seconds before respawn, creeps souls come out of ancient and go to their respective respawn points. right there, the souls fade into creeps itself.

Agrees with this idea, but only for Radient, seeing the lore is fitting that everything emerges from the Tree, but for the dire, a zombie apocalypse would be cool, with maybe a 2 second animation time where they cant be attacked or selected, same with the Radient side.

Shovelrats
11-22-2012, 03:38 PM
yey stairs from hell for dire and stair from heaven for radiant
hahahaha

No.

Destroyed rax is the way to go.

masterik
11-22-2012, 05:38 PM
also add a cinematic when creeps respawn with an epic music, also a bunch of lighting, oh and zombie dragons..