PDA

View Full Version : Wont connect to games/stuck at loading screen

f1ddy
05-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Was working perfectly, but now whenever I try to join a game, create a game with bots or even spectate a game the loading screen with the dota logo comes up and it does not go any further. If I leave it sit for about 10 minutes the game just returns to the main menu. I am getting no error messages or crashes.

It started completely randomly - I was in a party with friends and just finished a game, but when we tried to join a new one I didn't connect. It has not worked since.

I have tried everything listed at http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=15261 and nothing worked. I have also tried reinstalling dota and steam, I have updated all my drivers and even installed windows updates. I did virus/spyware scans, ran registry mechanic, turned my firewall/antivirus off and changed every single setting in dota and nothing has worked.

Everything else on my laptop works perfectly still.

Any other suggestions?

System specs:
Windows 7 64 bit
core i7 720qm
4gb ram
gt 260m

kingcools
05-16-2012, 05:55 PM
even though you said you did: Did you update your network card driver? Cause that fixed that issue for me

f1ddy
05-18-2012, 05:22 AM
I'll try that, but it randomly started working again for a day, and now it doesn't work again

f1ddy
05-21-2012, 03:01 PM
I updated my network driver again and it did nothing. I've also tried connecting to the network via wireless and still no luck