PDA

View Full Version : Require steps for manually installation

Dark-Slay3r
05-19-2012, 02:30 AM
Hi,I have downloaded dota 2 and my cousin accidentally moved my steam to Local D,but now I have moved back to original location,that is Local C>Program Files>Steam

I'm not sure if the user data,cache or whatever been deleted then caused dota 2 no works,while I trying to launch dota 2 via steam,it requires I download then install to play,however I'm sure my dota 2 still exist because I found it in my steam>common folder.
Please take a look on both screen-shots,
http://i.imgur.com/NcqWi.png
http://i.imgur.com/E1MLi.png
The problem is the steam unable to detect dota 2 folder and it asks to download.Thus I require a manually steps to install.

Recountal
05-19-2012, 06:10 AM
Maybe you should try reinstalling. Relax, you don't need another beta key. Just click on dota 2 in your steam library, and hit uninstall, and once it's uninstalled just hit install again (the game will still be listed in your library even after you uninstall)

Dark-Slay3r
05-19-2012, 07:02 AM
You dun get it,I do not want to re-download

chrscn
05-19-2012, 07:27 AM
Try to install it... if the dota2 beta folder is in its right place, Steam would 'discover existing dota2 files' or something like that.

Clud7
05-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Dark-Slay3r listen!

1)First make a copy of your dota 2 game folder.
2)After unistall steam and delete all the steam files and folders.
3)Download steam and re-install it.
4)Go at your library and start the download of dota 2.
5) When the download will be 1% stop the Download close steam!
6) Copy your backup of dota 2 folder and paste it at the same location with the new folder of dota 2 in steam folder.
7) You will get a message that said if you want to merge the folders and replace the files. Press yes to all.
8) Open the steam go at the download and resume it (now the steam will be check your files and the dota 2 will be installed :D).
9) Yeap you don't need to download it again.

Works 100% if you dota 2 backup folder is ok. Else please download dota 2!

iLy_Ekang
08-18-2012, 05:50 AM
Dark-Slay3r listen!

1)First make a copy of your dota 2 game folder.
2)After unistall steam and delete all the steam files and folders.
3)Download steam and re-install it.
4)Go at your library and start the download of dota 2.
5) When the download will be 1% stop the Download close steam!
6) Copy your backup of dota 2 folder and paste it at the same location with the new folder of dota 2 in steam folder.
7) You will get a message that said if you want to merge the folders and replace the files. Press yes to all.
8) Open the steam go at the download and resume it (now the steam will be check your files and the dota 2 will be installed :D).
9) Yeap you don't need to download it again.

Works 100% if you dota 2 backup folder is ok. Else please download dota 2!

Hey Sir, is this really working?

Clud7
08-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Hey Sir, is this really working?

Checked at windows 7 and 8 and it works fine for me.

btw read also this:

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=30386