PDA

View Full Version : Dota 2 Error (#cef_error_header-138)

ads
06-05-2012, 12:50 PM
When i launch Dota 2, the BLOG , UPDATE NOTES and NEWS shows '#cef_error_header-138' . After searching for a game , accepting or watching my friends game , an warning pops out . I can't even play Dota 2. Please help me . I already reinstalled Dota 2 , but its still the same. Five days without Dota 2 is a torture. Fast help will be appreciated. What is that please somebody help me about this.. I also fond the same error on previous forums but there isnt any solution :(

zanderosion
06-29-2012, 07:33 AM
Yeah Im seeing the exact same error and I've tried reinstalling steam / dota 2 and am beginning to consider a complete clean install but i would prefer to get some more info before going to that extreme. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS GOD DAMNED ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sick to death of being unable to play could a dev at least tell us if this error is being fixed or going to be fixed?

alanyeo
07-22-2012, 03:35 AM
Hey u i have the same problem here ,u guys know how to fix??? Please tell me

EricTams
07-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Could you post a screenshot so I can see exactly what this is?

FoToRiouS
07-25-2012, 03:16 PM
The error is this

RolGnav
07-27-2012, 12:43 AM
After updating today, I am receiving this issue also. My nephew's account worked fine, while I couldn't connect to a game server. I would time our and get an error saying I couldn't connect to the server. While my nephew was able to connect and play. We are on the same network. Again, it worked fine last week.

My nephew (after a few games) is now not able to connect to a game server also. We are at the main screen but can't watch or start a game at all. We can however create a lobby, it just seems to time out when trying to connect to the game.

(and yes, we are getting the #cef_error_header-138 error.)

*EDIT*

Oh and one thing I noticed is that I can not restart the game after leaving it. It seems as if dota.exe is still running. When I try to end process, it says access denied. The only way to get it out of memory is to reboot my laptop.

*EDIT #2*

After turning off my firewall, I was able to get the blog/news inside dota2 (no more #cef_error) plus I was able to play a game. I guess after updating the game, my firewall didn't recognize it anymore and didn't allow it outside the firewall.

My issue is fixed.

fanerb
07-27-2012, 12:56 AM
got the same error with the last update.. , and makes the game unplayable

Koojav
07-27-2012, 06:46 AM
got the same error with the last update.. , and makes the game unplayable

Same here, last update caused this error to appear in my case.
Can create lobby, can join lobby, cannot spectate, join game etc.

Not sure if related - using ESET Smart Security 5.2.9.12

Koojav
07-27-2012, 08:48 AM
Update on the subject:

Tried setting rules to allow all communication (both ways) for dota.exe process - didn't help.
Tried uninstalling ESET Smart Security - it works. So there is a problem with newest Dota2 version and ESET.

Any suggestions are more then welcome.

EDIT:
My problem was solved after setting the rules again AFTER reinstallation of firewall. Doing that before reinstallation still didn't allow Dota to connect to servers.

EDIT #2:
Nope.

LionMKD
09-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Can anyone fix my problem #cef_error_header-138 ??
Please email me igor.sekulovski.i3@gmail.com
tnx

Zinkopus
02-01-2013, 06:31 PM
I have been having the same exact error, except for one difference.

#cef_error_header-105
#cef_connectionproblem

Still the same problems as you guys, and a re-installation of DOTA didn't work :/
Any solution yet?

greekfire99
07-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Please fix fast, having the same problem it has been 6 days. Since the problem occurred.

yahiko
07-06-2013, 11:41 PM
im having the same issue.. as to what my console says exactly check this thread out first post by me
http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=96289

N0N1C3M4N
07-07-2013, 06:42 AM
This bug has been around for about 3 months for me. Refreshing usually helps, but its still...well...not the way it should work, I guess

Teahad
08-03-2013, 06:41 PM
I cant watch games and the blog and updates don't show anything

calezundi
10-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Could you post a screenshot so I can see exactly what this is?

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2544/hvo7.jpg

1. I reinstall the game but the error continue
2. I turn off my firewall-antivirus, restart steam and dota, and the error continue...

Any other ideia? I want play Dooooota!!

More details: If i search a game, the error happend after the "Loading Screen"
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/4325/foio.jpg

wolverinoX24
10-05-2013, 08:16 PM
After updating today, I am receiving this issue also. My nephew's account worked fine, while I couldn't connect to a game server. I would time our and get an error saying I couldn't connect to the server. While my nephew was able to connect and play. We are on the same network. Again, it worked fine last week.

My nephew (after a few games) is now not able to connect to a game server also. We are at the main screen but can't watch or start a game at all. We can however create a lobby, it just seems to time out when trying to connect to the game.

(and yes, we are getting the #cef_error_header-138 error.)

*EDIT*

Oh and one thing I noticed is that I can not restart the game after leaving it. It seems as if dota.exe is still running. When I try to end process, it says access denied. The only way to get it out of memory is to reboot my laptop.

*EDIT #2*

After turning off my firewall, I was able to get the blog/news inside dota2 (no more #cef_error) plus I was able to play a game. I guess after updating the game, my firewall didn't recognize it anymore and didn't allow it outside the firewall.

My issue is fixed.

hi rokinav, i am facing similar proble ms. My Norton firewall seems to be making the error cef 138 shit appear. Is that the problem? How do fix this and be able to play a game? Please help thanks!

kakalucky01
10-05-2013, 08:30 PM

if u using norton allow Dota 2 in your smart firewall

it work for me !!

PrinceOfRussia
10-07-2013, 07:40 AM
I have the same error! I'm using Norton Internet Security 2013. But I can't found such window in it(like in kakalucky01's message). Could you help me?

PrinceOfRussia
10-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Oh. Thanks I've found with myself in Noroton's website. Now I can play Dota again! Thanks to kakalucky01. Russia will never forget you.

SNACKMANNZ
11-17-2013, 11:26 PM
#cef_error_header-138

#cef_unknown

Can't connect to any games, or view any. Started with the disconnections and red banner warnings. I can't even view the store or any updates through Dota.

All this wait and drama over DIRETIDE, and now that it's here I can't even fokken play it!

Can someone please address this and give us an answer as to what is going on. Or at least point us in the right direction so we can take this up with the right channels????

Cheers,

SNACKMAN

Chaos DX
03-23-2014, 02:44 AM
Can anyone fix my problem #cef_error_header-138 ??
Please email me igor.sekulovski.i3@gmail.com
tnx

please fix my problem

yssr
06-07-2014, 05:15 AM
te dicen huevadas pero es tortura sin dota avisas