PDA

View Full Version : 99 cents for a 1 time use taunt?

Proskub
06-19-2012, 08:32 PM
Currently on the test realm there's a taunt item at its one time use and costs 99 cents for 50 uses. Do you honestly think that's a good idea Valve? Why would anyone buy that... My suggestion, don't do that. Sell it for more and make it unlimited use. Way less stupid.

EDIT: It appears the item was left out of the recent update. I'd like to believe this thread had something to do with it. Please feel free to voice your opinion on this matter.

St0l3n_ID
06-19-2012, 08:37 PM
One of the only things Heroes of Newerth does better so far (together with no 0min rune and getting rid of stupid secret shop).
There you simply buy taunt as abiltiy, and later have the option to upgrade with different designs for it (nice effect on taunted kill), all with unlimited use.

Proskub
06-19-2012, 08:47 PM
(together with no 0min rune and getting rid of stupid secret shop)
Those were honestly horrible changes IMO. Especially removing secret shop use.

Nerdstick
06-19-2012, 09:31 PM
How is a taunt supposed to annoy me if I'm laughing at them for wasting $1 on it? :rolleyes:

Will not buy. Will buy perma taunts.

xXSynXx
06-19-2012, 09:43 PM
man i really hope this is just a bug.otherwise who the fuck in their right mind will even use it! come on valve.. prove to me that you are just trolling with us now!

Rosenzweig
06-19-2012, 09:45 PM
They had this back in the beta long ago (September and before). You'd type a command into the console "dota_bag" and your hero would say "It's in the bag!" if you were in a game. However, you could only use it once per match. I assume it's going to work like that.

Nerdstick
06-19-2012, 09:46 PM
They had this back in the beta long ago (September and before). You'd type a command into the console "dota_bag" and your hero would say "It's in the bag!" if you were in a game. However, you could only use it once per match. I assume it's going to work like that.

Oooh, once per match instead of once per purchase? That sounds perfect if that's the case.

St0l3n_ID
06-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Those were honestly horrible changes IMO. Especially removing secret shop use.
I know im going off-topic here, but honestly... secret shop is just NOT necessary, slows down gameplay but wont achieve anything else for gameplay....

btt:
I could see a reason for a permanent taunt (unlimited use) with a restrictoin on once per match, else it can get spammy a lot

Proskub
06-19-2012, 10:02 PM
I know im going off-topic here, but honestly... secret shop is just NOT necessary, slows down gameplay but wont achieve anything else for gameplay....

btt:
I could see a reason for a permanent taunt (unlimited use) with a restrictoin on once per match, else it can get spammy a lot
The secret shop was their as a risk/reward system for going to it to attain these very strong items. Removing it just makes the game easier.

On the second point, yeah if you only can use it once per match but can use it unlimited matches then that's totally fine. In fact at that point 99 cents sounds pretty cheap honestly. But the price tag and description is leading me to a more pessimistic outlook =/

Monsterlord
06-20-2012, 07:38 AM
Single-use taunts would be ridiculous, in my opinion. I can't imagine me or anyone else buying them regardless of their price if that was the case.

Once-per-match, permanent taunts are what I'd consider the most sensible option.

Swordz
06-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Cyborgmatt said it's 50 uses i think.

The Chosen One
06-20-2012, 07:43 AM
Any amount of limited is reason enough for me never to even consider it.

nicoman
06-20-2012, 07:50 AM
I believe it is 50 uses.

One of the only things Heroes of Newerth does better so far (together with no 0min rune and getting rid of stupid secret shop).
There you simply buy taunt as abiltiy, and later have the option to upgrade with different designs for it (nice effect on taunted kill), all with unlimited use.

Off topic: How can you think the secret shop is useless and should be removed? It has huge effects on gameplay. Now I really know why I never tried HoN, removing minute 0 runes and the secret shop is retarded. Having the secret shop means you will not necessarily have a completed high tier item on time because courrier/you has not gone to pick it up yet. Added bonus access to SS from rosh pit. I will not derail the thread any longer so I will stop there, but stop suggesting dumbing down the game.

yummybui
06-20-2012, 08:14 AM
It's just a bug. I think it's supposed to be 50 uses.

Proskub
06-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Basically this. If they don't plan on selling an unlimited use taunt then I don't plan on ever buying it.

Dr Quint
06-20-2012, 05:10 PM

And enough for me to get rid o fit as soon as possible for an actual item if I get it in a drop. I hate the idea. At least this wasn't done for the model animations... yet.

Proskub
06-20-2012, 08:55 PM
I like how they weren't added today yet. Perhaps the thread helped? Please voice your opinion about this.

TheWilder
06-20-2012, 09:24 PM
I would never buy a taunt with limited use. They did the same thing in TF2 and it was bad.

premium_sauce
06-21-2012, 06:43 PM

WOW!! I completely disagree - getting rid of the secret shop AND The zero minute RUNE were a BIG mistake!!!

Proskub
06-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Bump.

joker
06-23-2012, 01:09 AM
i want unlimited taunt .
valve plz make it unlimit

Vi3trice
06-23-2012, 06:29 AM
I would never buy a taunt with limited use. They did the same thing in TF2 and it was bad.

Those are the noisemakers, not taunts.

ArgyrosLio
06-23-2012, 07:36 AM
Hopefully they are considering making it unlimited uses. Although the delay could be because they are making a unique icon.

Proskub
06-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Bump.