PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Camera Follow Hotkey

DeathByVoid
11-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Hey, so please correct me if this is already in the game, though I've looked for it and couldn't find it.

I am aware that you can have your camera follow the hero by clicking and holding your hero's portrait, but I think it would be a lot more convenient if you had the option of setting it to a key.
From playing other games out there, I personally have gotten used to holding a key down to do this.

Thanks.

Minotaar
11-03-2011, 08:22 AM
This is a very nice idea for usability and for a large range of machinima applications. People recording dota2 for youtube will love this.

CainCC
11-03-2011, 08:49 AM
there is a hotkey for center camera on hero and if you hold it down it will follow the hero. unfortunately you cant change that hotkey. it is currently double press of whatever key you have set for target self. would be nice to have the option to change that hotkey to a single press key of your choosing.

Esvandiary
11-13-2011, 10:09 AM
You seem to be able to make the camera auto-follow by doing the following:

alias constantfollow "+dota_camera_follow; -dota_camera_follow; +dota_camera_follow"
bind SOMEKEY constantfollow
This emulates the double-keypress and holding down, and when you force the camera somewhere else it seems to "disengage" the following cleanly.
Bear in mind that this is a quick console job though, so your mileage may vary. :)

z00mer
11-23-2011, 09:11 PM
+1
This was one of the first hotkeys I looked for. Cause the auto-follow disengaged after my first action and I couldn't figure out how to get it back (till now, after reading this thread I see that you can do it by holding the hero icon).

natostanco
11-24-2011, 03:21 AM
center camera on hero by double clicking, i suggest let choose if double click, or single click, double clicking can be time wasting...(for record, the X2 on the option)

PSIDefenseUp
11-24-2011, 03:27 AM
Double clicking the hero portrait does this, as does double tapping > holding the control group hotkey.

Of course, a real hotkey for it would be best.