PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Right Click Deny

Pages : 1 [2]

Taffer
12-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Make an autoexec.cfg and it will always be on

Methany878
12-15-2011, 05:07 AM
It already exists. See highlighted text...
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/ltiul/list_of_useful_console_commands_for_dota_2/

Edit: Lol, thought that thread had only one page, sry. Nvm my answer...

sempavieh
12-15-2011, 05:19 AM
So what you're telling me is that you WANT the noobs/newbs to stay bad? Next time you get a bad player on your team, don't complain. If you think a-clicking makes you better, you're delusional.

New Players dont get better if you implement features that makes the game easier.

Unkn0wn
12-15-2011, 06:35 PM
I use the console command and it's perfect.I don't see why they can't just make it an option ingame. The argument that it 'should take more skill' is just ridiculous, not even going to bother arguing with someone who believes this.

Boss_Kobra
12-15-2011, 10:23 PM
I feel kind of bad using that command against people who don't. It's obvious most newcomers have a hard time pulling off denies, so I don't see why this shouldn't be made an actual option.

Jimo
12-16-2011, 01:19 AM
I feel kind of bad using that command against people who don't. It's obvious most newcomers have a hard time pulling off denies, so I don't see why this shouldn't be made an actual option.

Easy solution, make it available for everyone or make it on by default with the ability to turn it off.

bigfate
12-16-2011, 01:40 AM
right click already serves to attack, i dont think this makes it confusing at all

players using right click to attack creeps or heroes already face this same risk, not really a concern for them imo
Most experienced will players will use a+click to attack most of the time.

Rhylos
12-16-2011, 09:18 AM

I've been playing dota for 4 years and with the console command I got used to right click denying after one game, so to each his own.

mk07ki
12-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Good thing not everyone is an experienced player.

Boss_Kobra
12-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Hey there

Anyone else having a hard time denying towers with the Right Click Deny?

Azanul
12-20-2011, 11:45 PM
New Players dont get better if you implement features that makes the game easier.

Weird. I always thought the saying was "Practice makes perfect"

Not "More features make you less skilled"

Typhox
12-21-2011, 09:34 AM

It's necessary to make the game's controls easier in order to implement more complex/skill'ed features to the game.

Zephirdd
12-22-2011, 05:21 PM
If it's an option, I don't mind really. I prefer A-clicking anyways.

xzken
12-22-2011, 05:37 PM
I used to hate this function a lot but then I tried it for like 2-3 days. And now I think it's pretty cool, works really well with auto attack off. I think making it an option is the best solution. People who are used to A-click got nothing to lose anyways.

Darkazn58
12-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Doesn't this already exist as a command line for console?

holyftw
12-25-2011, 02:59 AM
dota_force_right_attack 1

pharazon
12-26-2011, 01:03 AM
There's no extra skill in having to push 2 buttons instead of 1 to deny, its just tedious

I sincerely disagree with you.

I can't explain it in proper terms but having to push A is significantly "harder"/"tedious"/"time-consuming"/"requires more attention" (take your pick) than simply right clicking.

I honestly don't know which system would be better for Dota 2 though. By now, I almost always use A to last hit; right click only when I am farming.

The][nquisitoR
12-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Right-click deny should be implemented ASAP. It makes denying a lot easier and much more hassle free. As has been said it works really well with auto-attack turned off (which is what I have) and it encourages denying because denying is made that little bit easier. This should be added in the next few patches, IMO.

nwgkenny
12-26-2011, 10:38 PM
is this thread srs?

lolololol

edit: ITT make the game easier for bad players

AlphaOfUrOmega
12-27-2011, 08:33 AM
is this thread srs?

lolololol

edit: ITT make the game easier for bad players

Actually, it makes the game easier to play for ALL players.

And does making something take an extra click contribute to DotA 2 in any way whatsoever? The game should be fun because it has deep, strategic gameplay, not an obnoxious input system.

KonkeyDong
12-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Comments about there being some sort of skill involved with A+click as opposed to just click is laughable.

Besides, it is already there as dota_force_right_click_attack 1, or whatever, so I'd imagine they are planning to add it in as an option.

Razeluxee
12-27-2011, 10:32 AM
As long as its an option and not mandatory, I think it's a very good idea. Being elitist over a+click is silly -- this game has a plenty high learning curve and skill cap without tedious extra button pressing.

This is correct. Right-click deny is not "noob friendly" you still need to the skill to last hit your own creeps, and having to push one extra button does not equate skill, at least in my opinion.

mYnick
12-28-2011, 11:06 AM
I think it should be an option for noobs who are just starting the game. But using a-click gives you more control and accuracy in last-hitting. So, I have no problem adding the option.

Vulcan
12-28-2011, 11:53 AM
The only real benefit I see to this is when animation-canceling your last hits for denies. You cannot queue up a deny and cancel it repeatedly like with a standard attack (atleast not as easily).

I think it being an option would be fine.

Sciaticjam
12-28-2011, 01:28 PM
theres nothing wrong with

1.A
2. Left click deny

seriously this is the worst idea I ever heard of

4evra
12-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Yea.
Without right click deny u cant hold a sandwich in left hand and play with right hand.That so user unfriendly,since using keyboard is sooo not needed,that was just awar3 limitation,we dont need it anymore.....and your fingers arent even near the "A" button,so it makes you stretch your hand too much...

And we reached 28th page....

So,main reason behind this idea is the fact that it will be easier for begginers?
Umm,now im not quite sure about this one,but i can't remember seeing a begginer in dota doing last hits?
Not because he didnt know how to do it,but because begginers dont understand the deny feature,and the difference it makes on the lane.

domagoj32
12-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Don't think that this would be a good idea simply because there would be lots and lots of unintentional "attack your own creep" situations. Also, there is nothing wrong with the current A + click system.

Dommm
12-28-2011, 09:58 PM
Don't think that this would be a good idea simply because there would be lots and lots of unintentional "attack your own creep" situations. Also, there is nothing wrong with the current A + click system.
Then by extension then should we also extend A+Click system to clicking enemy creeps to avoid "unintentional attack enemy creep situations"?

Honestly the counter arguments make very little sense to me, it is not as if denying is any easier with this addition, it just comes down to personal preference. I see no reason why it shouldn't be implemented as an option ala "double tap to self cast"

theres nothing wrong with

1.A
2. Left click deny

seriously this is the worst idea I ever heard of

Really? The "the worst idea I ever heard of"? Please, keep the obnoxious stupidity to a minimum. Clearly the current system is ample but there is no reason why it shouldn't be further streamlined, I mean isn't this what DotA2 is trying to achieve? Trying to improve upon the things that were limited by the old archaic warcraft3 engine whilst still keeping the core gameplay intact? (Things like the interface, matchmaking, etc)

I completely get that people feel that the current system is fine, personally I tried the right click deny in HoN (mods) but after 5 years of DotA I was fighting muscle memory trying to deny that way. I found myself much more comfortable with the current system...BUT that is no reason to limit the system to just what it is now, it feels so barbaric to deny what might be more comfortable for others just because people feel need to not fix what isn't broken

oblio
12-29-2011, 03:23 AM
very nice idea. Hate having to A-deny. Have been hating it for years now :)

KonkeyDong
12-29-2011, 05:06 AM
But the big boys said that it removes INCREDIBLE amounts of skill from the game, and I can't think for myself, so, I'm going to repeat arguments by someone else.

Seriously, what is the most important aspect about performing a last-hit/deny? Timing. You have to time your attack so that it isn't too early but also so that it isn't too late either. You have an idea about how much damage you deal to a unit and then attack when you think your damage is enough to kill said unit. What purpose does one extra button press serve here again? Nothing.

Everyone can try this for themselves and see how it is simply more streamlined to do when you activate dota_force_right_click_attack in the console. You still need to time your attacks right or you won't get a deny. Denying takes the exact same amount of "skill" as it did previously, but it is slightly more streamlined.

Now personally I don't really care BECAUSE you can turn this on in the console, but I'd rather have an option for it in the menu, just for conveniences sake.

gr!mun
12-29-2011, 06:49 AM
(A-deny is annoying only if you're auto-attacking with few heroes aka Sniper, Razor...)

_DevilHunter_
12-29-2011, 07:41 AM
This isn't a bad idea! Should make it turn on/off :)

Sciaticjam
12-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Yea.
Without right click deny u cant hold a sandwich in left hand and play with right hand.That so user unfriendly,since using keyboard is sooo not needed,that was just awar3 limitation,we dont need it anymore.....and your fingers arent even near the "A" button,so it makes you stretch your hand too much...

And we reached 28th page....

So,main reason behind this idea is the fact that it will be easier for begginers?
Umm,now im not quite sure about this one,but i can't remember seeing a begginer in dota doing last hits?
Not because he didnt know how to do it,but because begginers dont understand the deny feature,and the difference it makes on the lane.'

war 3 limitations? Lol every strategy games is likes this! Exept for a few games like total war series.

W1nD
12-30-2011, 02:01 AM
no need

Lorrid
12-30-2011, 06:21 PM
i think it shouldn't change, it is good now.

loaDing!
01-01-2012, 06:52 AM
actually there is a command in console to activate it: dota_force_right_click_attack 1
source:http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/ltiul/list_of_useful_console_commands_for_dota_2/

didnt tried it yet, so dont know if it rly works.

oblio
01-01-2012, 07:39 AM
The only possible risk I see is if you deny an ally which shouldn't be denied. Since you'll never right click an ally by accident (you'll always select item/spell + left click), I don't see this happening too often.

And it would be a huge blooper anyway, like miss-clicking Laguna Blade on a creep... I.e. Youtube worthy :)

Rooslin
01-01-2012, 09:09 AM
this should be implemented +1

damaslaus
01-01-2012, 04:49 PM
actually there is a command in console to activate it: dota_force_right_click_attack 1
source:http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/ltiul/list_of_useful_console_commands_for_dota_2/

didnt tried it yet, so dont know if it rly works.

Been using it for a long time. Works perfectly.

hugzalotz
01-01-2012, 08:27 PM
sounds complicated to code and potentially annoying for those who are new (aka click it at the wrong time your hero moves to the creep)

You're an idiot. Im new and I enjoy it.

Z-Machine
01-01-2012, 09:21 PM
I've been using this since I start playing dota2, should be an option in the menus.

goPOSTALman
01-02-2012, 04:34 PM
As long as its an option and not mandatory, I think it's a very good idea. Being elitist over a+click is silly -- this game has a plenty high learning curve and skill cap without tedious extra button pressing.

I think you are mistaken. Having to press two buttons just makes it tedious. I suppose they should remove the shop keyboard button as well, since it makes it too noobfriendly.

There's no extra skill in having to push 2 buttons instead of 1 to deny, its just tedious

Yes, it's tedious, but to say there is no extra skill, or no reason for it? I don't agree. It's called micromanagement. It's PART OF what separates the better player from the lesser player. It's timing and your ability to determine that timing. How anyone can argue that is just mind-blowing.

I'm not opposed to having an option for players to choose whether or not they would like to right-click deny, but i'm strictly opposed to those who say it doesn't require ANY additional skill or ANY reason for it. Those that do argue that, please show us a practice game of you alone, denying, without any bot/player against you using the current system.
If you're good enough to deny without the right click option, then your good enough to not need it.

mk07ki
01-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Yes, it's tedious, but to say there is no extra skill, or no reason for it? I don't agree. It's called micromanagement. It's PART OF what separates the better player from the lesser player. It's timing and your ability to determine that timing. How anyone can argue that is just mind-blowing.
It's also mind-blowing how can someone argue that a small mechanical task that requires no timing (you can press attack button whenever you want, what actually requires timing is the actual click, the same one that you do when denying with right click), it's amusing how you even dare to call it micromanagement.

Trakesh
01-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Personally I doubt that this is a feature that I would make use of. I usually play support in a 5 man so I'm often the denier and I wouldn't personally have any benefit from this. I don't see why they can't add it as an option if the idea becomes popular enough. But I don't want it in my own games.

iNooB123
01-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Totally a bad idea. If this is implemented, imagine this, right clicking a rune. Wouldn't it destroy the rune instead? Or wouldn't it confuse the game?
Seriously. Terrible idea. How lazy are you....seriously.

mk07ki
01-03-2012, 05:20 AM
Totally a bad idea. If this is implemented, imagine this, right clicking a rune. Wouldn't it destroy the rune instead? Or wouldn't it confuse the game?
Seriously. Terrible idea. How lazy are you....seriously.
It's been implemented ages ago.

Bakemono
01-03-2012, 05:24 AM
It's been implemented ages ago.
he lives up to his name, lol

eulogy1337
01-03-2012, 08:28 AM
I donīt like this. You should put extra effort into denying. It makes it too noobfriendly. Denying is for pros! But seriously, its just not dota-like imo ;/

They need to remove support for widescreen resolutions, it lets people see more screen, it's not fair! Also, the graphics are too 'new', we don't want to cater to a wider audience with updated graphics. QWER is WAY too easy to use, force legacy binding! The store is too easy to understand for people who are new.

Also, let's be serious here. The pathing in Warcraft 3 was just awesome. DOTA PROS 4 LYFE! LIEK DIS IF U CRY EVERYTIME

Sciaticjam
01-04-2012, 06:32 PM
They need to remove support for widescreen resolutions, it lets people see more screen, it's not fair! Also, the graphics are too 'new', we don't want to cater to a wider audience with updated graphics. QWER is WAY too easy to use, force legacy binding! The store is too easy to understand for people who are new.

Also, let's be serious here. The pathing in Warcraft 3 was just awesome. DOTA PROS 4 LYFE! LIEK DIS IF U CRY EVERYTIME

You dont need to use qwer! you can change it to whatever you want!

Jin Li
01-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Personaly after watching DotA being played by the pros, as a Noob it has been frusterating not being able to deny creeps. As a noob I did not realize I have to push a second button,ctrl, to attack a freidly creep. "ctrl + keys" needs to be mentioned in the control section for those of us learning the game please.

Svyaga
01-06-2012, 07:22 AM
I think it shoul be optionable if added, cuz for example I don't like the idea, I like it the way it is, so i can just click on creep to follow and not attack on wrong moment. +1 if optional.

karlpulanco
01-06-2012, 08:11 AM
is it not the same as "dota_force_right_click_attack 1" ?

DLRevan
01-08-2012, 10:50 AM
I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand, I don't see any reason why u shouldn't be able to right click deny creeps. But would that mean u can do it on heroes/towers? IMO these two are more critical and it would also be detrimental if a player could spam a dying hero or tower with simple right clicks without a care for the minimum hp deny threshold.

And if you need to a+rightclick to deny them, then suddenly it's simply not consistent with denying creeps. New players will ask why can't they do a simple rightclick for towers/heroes as well. I think this issue should be considered then all denies standardized as requiring 'a' or not. No option should be given to change it after that.

ScrappyCrow
01-08-2012, 06:33 PM
No, this is a dumb idea. New players will be miss clicking even more when a team fight breaks out near creeps. I am all for improves and usability changes, but this one is were I draw the line.

This is a no no in RTS games for very good reasons.

Citrus
01-08-2012, 08:32 PM
I say make this an option in-game. If anybody has an issue, they can simply disable it.

fluffeeh
01-08-2012, 10:13 PM
This actually exists.
The command is dota_force_right_click_attack "1"

AREUHAPPYNOW
01-09-2012, 04:04 PM
its actually in settings, so no need for a command. Right click deny is it called :p

zero.sup
01-09-2012, 09:54 PM
This is already in the game, you can activate it either by using the console ingame (which forces you to re-enter the command every time you restart the game) or with a custom config (autoexec.cfg). Counterstrike players of all skill levels have been using custom configs for more then a decade.

shixxor
01-09-2012, 10:46 PM
i really did like the feature at first place and i used it, but then i realized that when you have rightclick deny on, your (ranged) hero will stop moving if you accidentally rightclick on a friendly creep in attack range. that confused me a lot while escapin etc. and lead into some deaths :( so i returned to the classic attack move click.

roflcat1234
01-10-2012, 01:54 AM
Type dota_force_right_click_attack 1 in console

It's already in the game! :D

Boss_Kobra
01-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Hey there

Is anyone else unable to deny towers with the right-click denying turned on?

chopstixZ
01-26-2012, 09:22 PM
mine's fine

Pardal_MK
01-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Hey there

Is anyone else unable to deny towers with the right-click denying turned on?

I also cant. IMO you should be able to deny towers right-clicking, when the right-click deny is active.

9mmfistcuffs
02-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Type dota_force_right_click_attack 1 in console

It's already in the game! :D
now all we need is a box to check in the control/settings menu!

personally though, I feel that one be it right click or left click should be attack the clicked thing; and the other move. Right now its right click does both but a+left click is required for deny. This could set a clear gate of intent on input; though I'm fine with auto-deny being a setting.

Stratubas
02-20-2012, 05:33 PM
I tried auto-deny today. It's comfortable, but you can't follow allied heroes by right clicking them. That's too bad, watching your hero stand still and wait for his ally to be deniable.

Goldenkrow
02-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Right click deny is a big big yes.

Just leave it as it is now currently as default. So that new players dont make mistakes, then when they get more comfy, they can turn on right click deny

Berra_la
02-20-2012, 06:53 PM
I deny more often than I follow allies.

In case you are unaware: m + click = move / follow...

Equal
02-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Im against this.

Neltharak
02-21-2012, 05:59 AM
*Grmbl* Back in my days ... didnt have that *grmbl* noobfriendlygame *grmbl* will never play it *grmbl* was better before *grmbl* dont change anything *grmbl*

Now that the usual old dota player ranting is done, i have to say i wouldn't use it in any case for the precision / accidental herokill issues discussed in this thread, and i would like it to stay the way it is. People usually don't even think about denying because of the a-click (Don't believe me ? Check your team's denies in almost every game.) and i think it should remain as a-click only deny. I have the feeling some things are cryptic and should stay that way.
IMHO it's not a good thing to have right click denies; many many missclicks will follow.

Enai Siaion
02-21-2012, 07:51 AM
If right click denying causes misclicks, why not remove right click attack or right click move? Make it so you have to press A to attack enemies and M to move, just like in Warcraft 1. Now that is skill.

pchunter
02-21-2012, 11:36 AM
I am really against this. For one, if you are melee, you will have a difficult time, because you want to come close enough to the enemy creeps and also near yours. This could get extra annoying if you are one of the people who constantly is clicking with APM > 150. Also denying should be more skill-based, thus harder to do. If its simply as easy as right clicking then that whole skill-aspect of denying a creep is blown away. I generally dislike people suggesting things that would make dota 2 a "noob-friendly" game. Don't take me wrong, I have nothing against novices playing Dota 2. However, that is why I like dota 2. People who are new can still have an easy time, but as they become more skilled and pro, they are able to do higher tier actions such as denying an enemy hero and creeps. Don't linearize the skill level required to play Dota 2 in the pro level, and keep small aspects of Dota 2 the same as Dota 1 so that there is a dynamic and rising skill level required to play at the professional level.

Malibu Stacey
02-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Never understood why it's not like this in the first place but then I didn't play the original Dota. What use does right clicking your own creeps have otherwise?

9mmfistcuffs
02-22-2012, 10:53 PM
I am really against this. For one, if you are melee, you will have a difficult time, because you want to come close enough to the enemy creeps and also near yours. This could get extra annoying if you are one of the people who constantly is clicking with APM > 150. Also denying should be more skill-based, thus harder to do. If its simply as easy as right clicking then that whole skill-aspect of denying a creep is blown away. I generally dislike people suggesting things that would make dota 2 a "noob-friendly" game. Don't take me wrong, I have nothing against novices playing Dota 2. However, that is why I like dota 2. People who are new can still have an easy time, but as they become more skilled and pro, they are able to do higher tier actions such as denying an enemy hero and creeps. Don't linearize the skill level required to play Dota 2 in the pro level, and keep small aspects of Dota 2 the same as Dota 1 so that there is a dynamic and rising skill level required to play at the professional level.

except it adds 0 skill. all it is a check to see if you have a hand on your keyboard, and can shift your pinky from the Q button to the A button. now people are right that if left alone it will eventually become reflex for new players: except I can categorically state that many friends walked away from HoN because they find it tedious and unnecessary. UI/controls is all about steps; the fewer the better. Hence why I suggest throwing attack (any) on one mouse button, and move/follow on the other, the skill and functionality remains the same.

demondance
02-23-2012, 12:56 AM
This option is good, but i tired whenever i go to game. I must open console and type : "dota_force_right_click 1"

+1 Make it an option and set "OFF" as default.

And for some guys cry about it. I don't think this make you pros or noob, just the way ur handle the game and win it. That 's enough !!!

9mmfistcuffs
03-03-2012, 10:43 AM
+1 definitely prefer having it over not.

Neo_Bahamut_19
03-04-2012, 08:00 AM
This is already a console command, just go ahead and put it in the menu. Tired of having to re-enter it every time I launch, and honestly... This is the way it should be. Having to press 2 keys to deny is obnoxious and unnecessary/unneeded.

+1

Squibie
03-04-2012, 04:23 PM
re up:

U can write it in starting parameters right click in steam on dota and find it

slowreflex
03-04-2012, 04:34 PM
I would just like to say I've had this enabled in my autoexec.cfg for months and am a fan of it being added to the game as an option.

scorpio_gamer
03-06-2012, 04:22 AM
Interesting read, i guess if many people require it valve should consider it. I prefer to use a + click.

AREUHAPPYNOW
03-06-2012, 05:44 AM
this used to be in the settings, 1 or 2 patches ago. but i cant seem to find it today? was it removed from settings?

xMirmo
03-06-2012, 09:10 AM
+1.
Make it an option though so it is not forced upon people that are used to play with a + click

Haligy
03-07-2012, 09:32 AM
hello please its right click deny full succesfull for meele and range heroes? or is here any bugs ? thx for answer

eftmike817
03-11-2012, 11:05 PM
you can right click deny now. just updating this since its outdated thread but is still on the forums.

Neo_Bahamut_19
03-12-2012, 09:54 PM
you can right click deny now. just updating this since its outdated thread but is still on the forums.

Is it an actual option in game? Or are we still speaking about the hidden setting you can enable in the console or through a cfg file? As far as I know, it's not an official setting in game. (yet)

Aliens
03-13-2012, 07:24 AM
Never understood why it's not like this in the first place but then I didn't play the original Dota. What use does right clicking your own creeps have otherwise?

Right clicking allied units makes your hero follow them and attack the same unit if they are attacking. So this could interfere when you are controlling multiple units like chen/beast master. You want your units to follow a specific one, not attempt to deny it.

I personally prefer a + clicking a unit I want to deny. So making it an option is preferable.

Origin
03-13-2012, 08:35 AM
I prefer a click

bQvleztar
03-13-2012, 04:30 PM
I guess it has been mentioned many times before, but this function is already in the game, there just isn't a setting for it.
go to you Config.cfg, or open Console.

type:
dota_force_right_click_attack "1"

Pros:
Alot easier more intuitive denying.

Cons:
Right click allied unit, it just moves to it, doesnt follow. only if its on low HP, it will follow and attack till unit is dead.

Conclution ;)
I almost never use the follow-ability. so i like the setting.
If i want something to follow, (happends in 1 out of 10 games maby). then i press "M" (move-command) and target the unit i want to follow (with jugga ward etc).

1. I have to press M+Click ~1 out of 10 games. (1 exstra keypress in 10 games)
+
2. I dont have to press A+Click 30-50 times every game. (300-500 keypress avoided in 10 games)
=
3 :) I save about 299-499 actions in 10 games.

chrisfrh
03-13-2012, 04:41 PM
toggle option!

Neo_Bahamut_19
03-14-2012, 04:58 AM
Right clicking allied units makes your hero follow them and attack the same unit if they are attacking. So this could interfere when you are controlling multiple units like chen/beast master. You want your units to follow a specific one, not attempt to deny it.

I personally prefer a + clicking a unit I want to deny. So making it an option is preferable.

If you actually tried what they have implemented, then you'd realize how false your presumptions are. The setting as it currently is only last hits when there is a specific amount of health left, not at any health. It wouldn't be hard to have it be a dual action, where if it's high health it'll set to follow and if it's low health it'll deny. I do agree though, it should be an option.

Philosopher King
03-16-2012, 03:27 AM
Put this option in the control menu
[Right click denies creeps] [YES / NO]
Done, simple, DO IT.

(I went throught the loops to post on this forum just to say this.)

KiRa
03-21-2012, 02:21 PM
bQvleztar, I rebind Move from "M" to "X", and rebind Hold from "H" to "S". So, i play on QWERDF+AS+123456(slot). This bind is better for me. You can rebind how u want.

Right Click Deny nice option. It really save from extra keypress. But i have an old habit to press A.

totof33new
03-26-2012, 06:02 AM
No way man deny requier to attack allies why simplify? Its allies :)

vortexdr
03-26-2012, 07:22 AM

Thank god the dev's aren't like all you fanboy elitists....How would adding right click deny into options rather then just a setting withing a .cfg file hurt anyone?? Geez people these days.

Nek
03-27-2012, 01:49 PM
sucks not being able to auto follow ally with right click when right click deny is enabled. i use auto follow a lot

LazyGameFreak
03-27-2012, 04:34 PM
Yea, sounds like a good idea. It'll help out the newbs a lot. As long as it's an option, people really shouldn't complain about it.

Adronius
03-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Good as setting.

toasted
04-11-2012, 03:40 AM
No, just no.

Konung
04-11-2012, 04:12 AM
Well my guess is that it will be an option. So why not? I still wont use it though but some might.

Tachy
04-12-2012, 02:26 PM
I don't like this, it makes deny far easier. If this is going to be an option, I think all pros will use it

nara
04-27-2012, 05:22 PM
-1 for this. It is too noobfriendly.

8e8
04-27-2012, 07:01 PM
This doesn't make it easier. It's got it's ups and downs. Just like using A + click. Why are people so afraid of beginners being better at the game than them that they try to strike down any accessibility option?
Guess what? Right-click deny is already in the game. Tough luck. The biggest downside to it currently is that you will auto-attack units when right-clicking an allied unit that isn't below the deny threshold, even with auto-attack disabled. That right there is enough for me not to use it.

sYs
04-27-2012, 07:18 PM
I would just like to say I've had this enabled in my autoexec.cfg for months and am a fan of it being added to the game as an option.

+1

chilly
04-30-2012, 10:33 AM
I have to say this is my #1 feature request. I'm relatively new to this genre of game and right-click deny made learning the game considerably easier. Even my friends that have been playing these games for years have started using the command as well. As we're teaching our friends how to play, adding this to their autoexec is one of the first things we do. I would LOVE to see this as an in-game option.

eliyac12
04-30-2012, 01:22 PM
you can do it actually open console and do :
dota_force_right_click_attack 1

chrisfrh
04-30-2012, 01:45 PM
you can do it actually open console and do :
this

LittleClocky
04-30-2012, 02:31 PM

chilly
04-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Except that it either has to be done every game or it needs to be added to the autoexec. We're all well aware the setting is there, but we want it accessible through the menus. Nobody is asking for it to be a forced setting either, so I'm not sure why anyone is voting it down. Give people options and let them choose what they like best.

Phyxx
05-07-2012, 05:09 PM
+1

Zacharybinx34
05-16-2012, 09:11 PM
+1

Kolaris
05-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Good option to have

+1

The][nquisitoR
05-18-2012, 07:47 PM
+1 to this. I think it makes something that's currently tedious that little bit less so and thus is better. Having an option to turn this on would be great.

Muranodo
05-19-2012, 04:22 PM
+1 I use this always as an open console command as a new player; it helps a lot.

8e8
05-20-2012, 06:05 AM
Why's this thread still alive? We have, and have already had the option for as long as I can remember. Maybe not in the settings menu, but still. If that is the problem, we need to introduce more people to the console. It's an invaluable tool that everyone can benefit from. Choosing not to [learn to] use it is simply putting yourself at a disadvantage.

I'm sure Valve will be adding this to the settings menu once they release the updated UI, but remember that they won't be able to fit everything in there. You'll need the console/.cfg files for that stuff.

Rooslin
05-22-2012, 03:54 AM
Why's this thread still alive? We have, and have already had the option for as long as I can remember. Maybe not in the settings menu, but still. If that is the problem, we need to introduce more people to the console. It's an invaluable tool that everyone can benefit from. Choosing not to [learn to] use it is simply putting yourself at a disadvantage.

I'm sure Valve will be adding this to the settings menu once they release the updated UI, but remember that they won't be able to fit everything in there. You'll need the console/.cfg files for that stuff.

they have alot of space and theres not all people are gonna learn how to use console

numaniel
05-22-2012, 04:29 AM
still waiting for this to be implemented :(

infiniteX3logy
05-22-2012, 07:24 AM
right click deny can be enabled via the console command

just turn on the console via set launch options in steam by typing -console

Phyxx
06-16-2012, 07:42 PM
+1

Don't really get why it shouldn't be a regular option when it can be turned on in console command.

RazorEdge
06-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Would make it much easier to deny. I don't support this decision. I like the current deny feature as it is.

Arclacke
06-23-2012, 07:05 AM
Well, I don't care, just put it as an option and its okay.

Lakusuine
06-25-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm not against changing the current mechanics of denying, but this just is not it. The hitbox for creeps is too small to make this feasible and increasing the box would make everything else that much easier for no good reason at all, so...

As a toggleable setting it wouldn't be a bad edition per se, it just wouldn't benefit anyone enough in the long run; meh.

Pilzquadrat
06-26-2012, 05:00 PM
I think it would be useful to have a collection of useful console commands listed in the learn tab somewhere.

Or under options, have another tab called advanced console commands with either a link to a forum sticky or (better imo) common commands listed.

Direclaw
07-28-2012, 11:42 PM
yes plz

IWantToHelpAsMuchAsIcan
10-14-2012, 01:56 AM
This option already exist.

Make a notepad file and name It autoexec.cfg

Type this:

Save it at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\cfg

The_Deku_Nutt
10-14-2012, 02:09 AM

Changing a feature that separates average players from good players is a horrible idea. If people are so horribly lazy that they can't press one extra button to gain a decisively huge advantage over their opponents, then they deserve to lose.

Having the same number of denies as last hits for the duration of the laning phase is great fun; I'd hate to see it made so that any scrub could do it without effort.

A side point: some heroes benefit more from denying than others e.g. necrolyte, shadowfiend, bloodseeker; enabling autoattack deny directly buffs these types of heroes.

Gokturk SM
10-14-2012, 03:21 AM

Changing a feature that separates average players from good players is a horrible idea. If people are so horribly lazy that they can't press one extra button to gain a decisively huge advantage over their opponents, then they deserve to lose.

Having the same number of denies as last hits for the duration of the laning phase is great fun; I'd hate to see it made so that any scrub could do it without effort.

A side point: some heroes benefit more from denying than others e.g. necrolyte, shadowfiend, bloodseeker; enabling autoattack deny directly buffs these types of heroes.

+100

It's DotA, please do not always try to make the game easier because denying is the most important mech.

IWantToHelpAsMuchAsIcan
10-14-2012, 09:21 AM
There's nothing wrong with such option, since it doesn't make "auto deny" nor even "auto target". Reducing amount of keys required to press for certain action will make the game eaier to pick up for new players. Also this will affect all heroes so don't even bother comparing it to invoker macros.

Mr.Evo
10-14-2012, 09:29 AM
There's nothing wrong with such option, since it doesn't make "auto deny" nor even "auto target". Reducing amount of keys required to press for certain action will make the game eaier to pick up for new players. Also this will affect all heroes so don't even bother comparing it to invoker macros.

Still, it's the same category as Invokers macros.
From a previous thread (http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=50605&page=68), quoted CvP:
"These types of scripts/macros are illegal to use and falls under the category: "illegal software."

... No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software ...
To clarify, using console to change various settings/tweaks, remapping hotkeys are perfectly fine.
Using console/autoexec.cfg etc to create macro is not. This includes, but not limited to, invoker/meepo/enigma etc (combo) scripts, smartcasting etc.
Anything non-default that actively helps you play your game is cheating except some very specific exception like hotkey remapping. Scripts that perform micro/macro do not fall in to these exceptions.

This has been the official stance about autoscripts/macros since ages when it comes to DotA and it will remain the same for Dota 2 until otherwise notified.

Just like at PlayDota.com, this rule will be strictly enforced in this forum. Please report the posts discussing these cheats.

If you have any specific questions, send me a PM.

Closed. "

IWantToHelpAsMuchAsIcan
10-14-2012, 03:19 PM
It's not the same as Invoker macros, because it's limited to one action which affect all the heroes in the same way (not just one). Invoker macros give advatange only to that one hero. The negative effect of this "bind" prevents you from using "follow" options on the right click button, so you are exchaning one option for another.

The_Deku_Nutt
10-14-2012, 05:11 PM
It's not the same as Invoker macros, because it's limited to one action which affect all the heroes in the same way (not just one). Invoker macros give advatange only to that one hero. The negative effect of this "bind" prevents you from using "follow" options on the right click button, so you are exchaning one option for another.

Enabling right click autodeny doesn't affect all heroes equally. Shadowfiend, bloodseeker, and necrolyte all will be directly buffed.

klompf
10-15-2012, 12:58 AM
To clarify, using console to change various settings/tweaks, remapping hotkeys are perfectly fine.
Using console/autoexec.cfg etc to create macro is not
dont know how u can quote something without reading it. no need for autoexec, single bind -> its legal

@The_Deku_Nutt aka up
poor interface is not a balancement tool, its just poor interface

IWantToHelpAsMuchAsIcan
10-15-2012, 02:18 AM
Enabling right click autodeny doesn't affect all heroes equally. Shadowfiend, bloodseeker, and necrolyte all will be directly buffed.

It's not "auto deny", you still have to target the creep and click on it. Only pressing "A" key is removed (but like I said earlier, you'll lose another option if you'll use this bind). Anyway as long as there's no official answer from Devs about this particular option, we can only speculate.

Also as far as I know these option were made for future -em mode, there's also option with allows you to "block" channelable spells from unintentional breaking. (pressing somewhere on the camp wont break it, you'll have to use "S" key). Do you also consider this as "Illegal"? (not to mention options which makes your camera auto follow and auto center)

Cracken
10-16-2012, 08:49 AM
We already have that in-game, just add this command on an autoexec or enter it on console: dota_force_right_click_attack "1"

MrH
10-16-2012, 11:39 AM
We already have that in-game, just add this command on an autoexec or enter it on console: dota_force_right_click_attack "1"

That's what I use, it just feels so much more natural. I guess it's what you're used to, but as someone who didn't play Dota 1 right click to deny just feels right.

frankles
11-12-2012, 08:42 AM
having a+click doesnt allow you to press "s" to stutter the attack like you do for last hitting which changes gameplay by making it easier to deny so it's not changing a setting preference its more of adding an easier mode. also having a+click gives you confirmation of what you're doing. If this was implemented sure you would turn it on to abuse the stop key while denying but you might also accidentally right click an ally that could have survived a doom/veno gale or whatever

Raging
11-12-2012, 08:51 AM
I think the difference in last hit execution and deny execution is a game mechanic? I mean - if you change this, it could change the whole mechanic of the game? More deny than now? Game will be slower? But oh well, if it's just me.

wachon1992
11-12-2012, 08:58 AM
game is fine now. why most suggestions want to make the game more noobfriendly?? are lol and hon plares alrdy invading us? if you wanna play dota fine idc, but dont come to the forums to try to make dota like lol or hon. i repeat, game is fine as it is now...

frankles
11-12-2012, 09:02 AM
also just tried the console command in lobby game and can confirm its easier to deny when given the option to use the 's' key

medzernik
02-07-2013, 04:23 AM
in console type dota_force_rightclick_attack 1 or so and it will do just like you ask. Mind you that for following a hero you must press M to move and left clikc on a hero.

IWantToHelpAsMuchAsIcan
02-07-2013, 04:31 AM
This option may occasionally break "follow" option and if you have any summoned units it may give them random move orders without your permission.

Canonical Form
02-07-2013, 06:55 PM
I fking love right click deny.

Back when I was playing Dota 1 I never ever denied a single creep.

But now every game I deny about 10.

chunkyboy
02-07-2013, 07:16 PM
agreed with everyone about this bad suggestion, makes game more noob-friendly. There is a reason why in dota, u can deny creeps with commands while in LOL, u cant deny creeps at all.
Stop this noob wave from following up with this plan!
learning how to press 'a' and clicking on unit is not a hard learning curve....

chunkyboy
02-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Still, it's the same category as Invokers macros.
From a previous thread (http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=50605&page=68), quoted CvP:
"These types of scripts/macros are illegal to use and falls under the category: "illegal software."

... No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software ...
Using console/autoexec.cfg etc to create macro is not. This includes, but not limited to, invoker/meepo/enigma etc (combo) scripts, smartcasting etc.
Anything non-default that actively helps you play your game is cheating except some very specific exception like hotkey remapping. Scripts that perform micro/macro do not fall in to these exceptions.

This has been the official stance about autoscripts/macros since ages when it comes to DotA and it will remain the same for Dota 2 until otherwise notified.

Just like at PlayDota.com, this rule will be strictly enforced in this forum. Please report the posts discussing these cheats.

If you have any specific questions, send me a PM.

Closed. "

^^
That option will change the whole game mechanics if it allow easy access, as in more casuality involved for this competitive game!
STOP NOW

Si1key
02-07-2013, 10:47 PM
write this in console:

you will get this option enabled)

http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Console_Command_List - you know what to do)

this is beta. if you think enabling something in console is gamebreaking option - just report this to CVP, or make poll and send its results to him.

squall730
02-07-2013, 11:02 PM
write this in console:

you will get this option enabled)

http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Console_Command_List - you know what to do)

That option doesn't exist in the list, and right clicking a enemy unit already makes your hero auto attack it. Unless you mean to flip left click and right click, in the end you'll still have to a + click to deny.

Si1key
02-07-2013, 11:04 PM
That option doesn't exist in the list, and right clicking a enemy unit already makes your hero auto attack it. Unless you mean to flip left click and right click, in the end you'll still have to a + click to deny.

idk why they deleted this string.... i am sure i saw it there

just try it. it will make you to attack ally creeps with just right click after they went under 50% of hp. but you cant deny your heroes and towers this way. only creeps.

Hunter5000
02-08-2013, 12:37 PM
I do what Si1key did above, and it helps me deny much better. However the default option should be to press A, as doing the command also can confuse people if you right click allied heroes as ranged heroes.

Crowfeather
02-08-2013, 02:37 PM
+1 Good idea But must be option this is a preference thing. This is very friendly for new people who don't even know that you can use A in he first place. This should also be used for being able to deny heroes. It will always save a lot of spam A's. The issues i have read are not really problems with this. For example the fact that if you right click a unit when you cant deny it and you run towards it. That is not a problem since again it is optional, and you can just back anyway.

or you know to fix all problems how about just make it a double right click.

Anyway this will hardly effect game play balance wise. Noobs won't deny even when this mechanic is in place, and pro's will deny equally as they had before. It just saves effort that is all.

The action of hitting a then right clicking instead of only right clicking makes a difference of like 0.05 seconds or so or maybe even up to 0.1
That is the same as having a ping of 50-100
You can hardly say that is affecting balance. Otherwise its like saying Dota2 is not balanced since people have different pings.
It gives a negligible advantage.

deejaybos
02-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Just an FYI to anyone that may be concerned...

Even with right_click_deny enabled... In order to deny a teammate or tower you still need to A-Click. So, don't worry if you're afraid you'll accidentally deny your low health teammate. You won't with a right click deny.

InsaneHobo
02-09-2013, 08:48 AM
As long as right click denies is an option it should be implemented.

C0L0NEL999
02-21-2013, 06:20 PM
I disagree, but maybe it is not too bad if you can trigger it on/off..
Just in case it was made, make the option to right-click for deny <off> on default.

unknownArtist
03-04-2013, 06:50 AM
+1

sorry but i like to deny with only one click and the "a" is always to near to my "shift-lock" on my keyboard, rly big shift-lock… i don't like to use it but i always have the concole up for just this command… it makes it so much easier imho…

H3ndriX
03-04-2013, 07:40 AM
-1 sage&hide

frankles
03-04-2013, 12:23 PM
+1

sorry but i like to deny with only one click and the "a" is always to near to my "shift-lock" on my keyboard, rly big shift-lock… i don't like to use it but i always have the concole up for just this command… it makes it so much easier imho…

Your entire argument is based on YOUR keyboard and then you go into saying it makes denying so much easier which affects balance....

YYZ,
03-05-2013, 07:59 AM
I have the comand enabled to deny creeps.

The number of situations when you have to deny a teammate are very small to be complaining for a new setting....
If you want to deny creeps with right click just use the console comand -.-

Cordwainer
04-13-2013, 01:08 PM
nope, denying should be harder than just a rightclick

Boriix
04-13-2013, 04:07 PM
hell no.

knurlhelm
04-13-2013, 07:30 PM
this post is bullshit, first of all, denying with a is fucking stupid easy... also you can do the right click shit with the console, close this already

matkim
04-13-2013, 08:13 PM
u find tutorial how to bind this key....it existed long ago

itzSnoopy
04-13-2013, 09:24 PM
there's already a 1-line command in console, i dont remeber it but google helps.

+1, This should be added and IMHO this doesnt make denying harder or easier, it just lets you deny in more than 1 way and after testing it I find denying issuing an attack order first even easier.

budwing
04-14-2013, 12:47 AM
+1, but enable right click deny on towers too if you add this option.

reo
04-14-2013, 01:23 AM
i tryed enter dota_player_units_auto_attack 0 or dota_player_units_auto_attack 1 , nooone of this 2 work for me . i have no idea why. i am pretty much new here soo if anyone can help me looking for it .
this are some message i get mb it has smth about it.

*** ERROR: Bone access not allowed (entity 139:class C_DOTA_BaseNPC_Creep_Lane)
*** ERROR: Bone access not allowed (entity 142:class C_DOTA_BaseNPC_Creep_Lane)
*** ERROR: Bone access not allowed (entity 142:class C_DOTA_BaseNPC_Creep_Lane)
*** ERROR: Bone access not allowed (entity 139:class C_DOTA_BaseNPC_Creep_Lane)
*** ERROR: Bone access not allowed (entity 152:class C_DOTA_BaseNPC_Creep_Lane)
*** ERROR: Bone access not allowed (entity 145:class C_DOTA_BaseNPC_Creep_Lane)
*** ERROR: Bone access not allowed (entity 158:class C_DOTA_BaseNPC_Creep_Lane)

VodkaGR
04-16-2013, 04:46 AM
Of course +1.Anyone who disagrees is elitist.You can't disagree over an option that increases functionality

If creep = enemy,then attack
If creep = friendly,move to it
If creep = friendly and less than 50% HP,deny

frankles
04-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Of course +1.Anyone who disagrees is elitist.You can't disagree over an option that increases functionality

If creep = enemy,then attack
If creep = friendly,move to it
If creep = friendly and less than 50% HP,deny

enlighten us on how being able to stutter your attack to last hit AND deny would be the same as only being able to stutter to last hit and a-click to deny.

OpenAir
04-19-2013, 01:46 PM
You can enable this through the console. Google it.

Playahs
04-19-2013, 02:31 PM

Thats what are u looking for.

AntiFun
07-14-2013, 05:34 PM
There is a solution to this:

1) In steam, right cilck on "Dota 2" and click on properties
2) Click on Set Launcher Options and type in: -console
3) Press OK and enter the game, to remove the console from view press the ` key.

Bring up the console, write dota_force_right_click_attack 1 to enable right click deny.

HOWEVER I have to note that if you enable this, your hero will try to attack ANYTHING if you right click it; couriers, other friendly heroes, everything -you wont actually be able to attack them tho, BUT you can NOT follow anything by right clicking it.

Credits to johnxreturn, http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/ltiul/list_of_useful_console_commands_for_dota_2/

frankles
07-14-2013, 07:12 PM
There is a solution to this:

1) In steam, right cilck on "Dota 2" and click on properties
2) Click on Set Launcher Options and type in: -console
3) Press OK and enter the game, to remove the console from view press the ` key.

Bring up the console, write dota_force_right_click_attack 1 to enable right click deny.

HOWEVER I have to note that if you enable this, your hero will try to attack ANYTHING if you right click it; couriers, other friendly heroes, everything -you wont actually be able to attack them tho, BUT you can NOT follow anything by right clicking it.

Credits to johnxreturn, http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/ltiul/list_of_useful_console_commands_for_dota_2/

solution to "this"? wtf? nice necro