PDA

View Full Version : why is it harder to cancel an attack animation with auto-attack off?

Apolladan
01-18-2013, 03:16 AM
is there a reasoning for this or is it a bug

it feels like when you have autoattack off and you're spamming right click on a creep and S, it accounts for your attack speed and follows a swing timer, yet when you have autoattack on and you're just spamming S, you're attacks go through instantly

deejaybos
01-18-2013, 07:25 AM
I'm just guessing but, no matter how fast your fingers are, you will never out match the reaction time of an automatic system. With auto attack on, you're only focus is 'stop' spamming. If you're using the same method with auto attack off, you have to alternate between right click and S. You're moving fast, but your mind/reflexes aren't AS fast.

With auto attack off, you shouldn't need to do the crazy animation stop spamming. Just stand there and wait for the creep to be at last hit range and right click once. This keeps you from having to mash the keys the entire time and also keeps your hero from looking like a spazz.

Morlic
01-18-2013, 08:32 AM
If you have autoattack off, just spam a-click on the creep to have exactly the same result as s-spamming with autoattack on.

ValeN
01-18-2013, 10:25 AM
It is harder because it is easier to press only one button instead of two. INCREDIBLE isn't it?

Catma
01-18-2013, 10:50 AM
While we're on the subject of animation cancelling, does anyone else find it MUCH harder to cancel spells by issuing other orders, say MOVE orders, than by hitting "s"? Numerous times I have had it happen that I tried to cancel a spell by issuing a move order (which is often VERY expedient in a fight, when you decide to retreat instead of engaging) only to watch for hundreds of milliseconds as my command is ignored and the hero goes ahead and casts the spell. I feel that this might be some noob-friendly change, like the default setting of not being able to click move on the minimap within a certain time frame after your mouse enters the minimap region, that actually hurts older players like myself who are used to the WC3 interface.

This doesn't happen extremely often, which is why I haven't brought it up in a year of playing, I suppose, and why I've never learned to deal with it. Am I the only one having this experience? At least with the minimap thing you can change a setting in console to fix it.