PDA

View Full Version : Bloodseekers ult (4th Skill) Goes through BKB

Rikoshay
11-29-2011, 07:31 AM
How to find out?
Open Dota 2, ask a friend to join your lobby make sure he's your enemy. Pick bloodseeker and any hero. Buy bkb the hero you chose.
Make sure you activate bkb and start running. You will lose hp no matter

What's suppose to happen?
Bkb stops the damage of bloodseeker's ulti. I allready checked this on Dota 1 and if anyone is going to troll/post something stupid or say that "you moron it isn't magic damage it's pure damage" Well I checked in dota 1 it's pure magic damage and not Pure damage.

midnightoil
11-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Its Pure damage which goes through bkb

Robzor
11-29-2011, 08:38 AM
Just for your information; Pure damage is a form of magic damage and is not supposed to damage magic immune units.

Other than that, this has been reported a few times and I seriously hope that Rupture is looked at soon since it has several oddities involved concerning how it behaves in DotA 1 as compared to in DotA 2.

Rivirland
11-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Its Pure damage which goes through bkbIt doesn't go trough BKB.

Rikoshay
11-29-2011, 11:25 AM
It does go through bkb.

computer
11-29-2011, 11:55 AM
in dota1 it doesnt go through bkb in dota2 it does go through bkb tested both

Eng3L
11-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Confirmed. Rupture does go through bkb right now, it should be fixed.

Rikoshay
11-29-2011, 12:46 PM
in dota1 it doesnt go through bkb in dota2 it does go through bkb tested both
Thanks for helping me prove my point.

dimitrinr
11-30-2011, 02:36 AM
bloodseaker's ult does true damage which is supposed to go through magic immunity, such as omni's magic shield and bkb.

Lexsarko
11-30-2011, 02:44 AM
bloodseaker's ult does true damage which is supposed to go through magic immunity, such as omni's magic shield and bkb.

There is no such thing called "true damage". It is pure damage and pure damage does NOT hit magic immune units. Pure means "not affected by reductions" but it's still magic damage. So if the unit is immune, takes no damage.

crimson589
11-30-2011, 02:59 AM
Lets end this ok.

Rupture DOES NOT go through magic immunity. In DotA 1 you can see the bleeding effect with no damage.

MeHoW_PwN
11-30-2011, 02:59 AM
It does psyical damage meaning it goes through the damm bkb and most immue to spell thingys.

puppetz87
11-30-2011, 03:58 AM
It shouldnt go through bkb because it didnt go through bkb in dota 1. This is not heroes in newerth. In that game, the change was INTENTIONAL. In this game, it is NOT.

knowitall
11-30-2011, 04:01 AM
One thing hon did well was differentiating between magic that was blocked by BKB and "superior magic" that could get its effects (stun/slow etc) through BKB.

Yuusuke
11-30-2011, 04:13 AM
Hi,

wow, i didn't knew that this is a bug. I thought it was intended. But i have a question, if they let it like it is, is it a problem (mean overpowered)? You can already counter Blood Seeker so easy with an 135 TP. I think, this would be a nice buff.

One thing hon did well was differentiating between magic that was blocked by BKB and "superior magic" that could get its effects (stun/slow etc) through BKB.

There are more good things, which i would be glad to have in Dota 2, because i like both games. =)

It does psyical damage meaning it goes through the damm bkb and most immue to spell thingys.

source?

greets,

gotenwinz99
11-30-2011, 04:26 AM
@top that what makes hon easy

rupture will NOT go through a bkb
in dota 1 the animation will play but rup will have NO damage

Rikoshay
11-30-2011, 06:20 AM
bump.

Rikoshay
11-30-2011, 12:03 PM
another bump I rly just want to make sure they see this topic.

Cecrit
11-30-2011, 01:14 PM
It also goes through Blade Fury.. just as said before, it's ingoring magic immunity right now

Ainion
11-30-2011, 02:08 PM

1. Bloodseekers ultimate only does true damage in heroes of newerth (well, it used to. It no longer does now)

2. "True Damage" is referred to as Chaos Damage in wc3.

syndereN
11-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Either some guys in this thread are trolling galore, or they're just wrong. Anyway I'll give the complete explanation here to avoid misunderstandings:

Pure damage is a type of damage which ignores any physical and magical resistance. Spells which deal pure damage are for example Omniknight's Purification, Bane Elemental's Brain Sap (currently not in Dota 2), and Bloodseeker's Rupture. They always deal their full damage EXCEPT if the units which would usually be affected by them are magic immune. In this case, the damage is NOT applied.

Conclusion: Rupture should NOT deal ANY damage through BKB. Whether or not BKB actually removes the effect in DotA, I am uncertain.

computer
11-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Hi,
wow, i didn't knew that this is a bug. I thought it was intended. But i have a question, if they let it like it is, is it a problem (mean overpowered)? You can already counter Blood Seeker so easy with an 135 TP. I think, this would be a nice buff.

it is overpowered becouse if u use rupture in a team fight that target is doomed to die becouse he cant run actually all efects that doesnt have a counter are overpowered for example bash is (ghost scepetre works of course but if your opponents also have a lot of nukes (& they often do) its not a good counter)

Chazin
12-01-2011, 08:51 AM
Also Yuneros Bladestorm should stop the Ulti.

And another thing that is different in dota1 is that Blinking will not deal damage regardless of the distance you traveld. In Dota 1 a blink of Magina could kill yourself easily but in D2 its not dealing damage when blinking. Is this meant to be ? I find this is an unneccesarry buff to magina whos already pretty op.

Yuusuke
12-01-2011, 10:20 AM
it is overpowered becouse if u use rupture in a team fight that target is doomed to die becouse he cant run actually all efects that doesnt have a counter are overpowered for example bash is (ghost scepetre works of course but if your opponents also have a lot of nukes (& they often do) its not a good counter)

oO did you read my whole post... its not overpowered instead its underpowered... because u just need to stand and wait until the effect is over.. and or just tp out, its not that hard...try it out

greets,

HellhoundXVI
12-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Also Yuneros Bladestorm should stop the Ulti.

And another thing that is different in dota1 is that Blinking will not deal damage regardless of the distance you traveld. In Dota 1 a blink of Magina could kill yourself easily but in D2 its not dealing damage when blinking. Is this meant to be ? I find this is an unneccesarry buff to magina whos already pretty op.

Surprising. There is a limit to rupture in dota1, which I think is about 1300 distance(it means that if you move more than 1300 with help of skill or somehow, you dont take damage from rupture. This is why you can tp out and not take any damage). Blink's max range is 1200. So, AM should lose health should he chose to blink.