PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Move camera with two finger swipe gesture

rakettraktor
07-10-2013, 07:26 PM
I think it would be an awesome to move the camera around with the trackpad using swipe gestures. It would really enhance the experience of spectating The International 3. :)

It also have the added benefit of working nicely with a magic mouse when playing.

Jourdy288
07-11-2013, 02:36 PM
I like that idea, though I'm not sure how popular the Trackpad is- it'd be a fair bit of work for what could be a smallish audience. That being said, I like your idea- perhaps it could be used? I really don't think it'd happen before TI3, though.

sema
07-11-2013, 06:44 PM
The trackpads are very popular on Macs. Especially since the new OSX releases are highly integrated with touch-gestures. Every MacBook has a trackpad, and every iMac comes with either trackpad or Magic Mouse (also gesture-enabled). And it is not much work to support if you use the provided frameworks.

Jourdy288
07-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Very nice- still, how many of those Mac users are into DotA? I think it might be worth waiting a bit for DotA 2 to launch on OSX before they add support for the Trackpad.

Dreams-Visions
07-12-2013, 11:37 AM
why would you want to play Dota on a trackpad? Are you insane?

The trackpads are very popular on Macs. Especially since the new OSX releases are highly integrated with touch-gestures. Every MacBook has a trackpad, and every iMac comes with either trackpad or Magic Mouse (also gesture-enabled). And it is not much work to support if you use the provided frameworks.

It's not a realistic way to play Dota or any other Moba game. Why waste time and money coding in features that people won't use? It's like asking for extended trackpad features on Counterstrike or some other FPS. For what? This is a game designed to be played with a mouse.