PDA

View Full Version : command+q quitting the game

santokki
07-10-2013, 10:45 PM
hello,

i am attempting to make the switch from heroes of newerth to dota2 now that it is finally on mac. on hon, item use was generally "command+q" for item 1, "command+w" for item 2, etc. now that I attempt to do that on dota it quits the game because the game does not override the quit command.

is there any way that you could disable this command? thanks!

past_cool
07-11-2013, 02:56 AM
if u can try using alt/option not "command" if i not get a windows keyboard

mucow
07-12-2013, 04:41 PM
if u can try using alt/option not "command" if i not get a windows keyboard
That's a workaround, but this really is something that should be fixed in the client. Completely killing the game in the middle of a match is really bad — it shouldn't happen just because you fat-fingered a key combo.

sema
07-12-2013, 07:13 PM
+1, the usual application shortcuts (cmd q, h, m) should be disabled in-game. They could be enabled back in menu though.

Qualkeck
07-14-2013, 11:33 PM
+1, as for all keyboard shortcut that can throw you out of the. Or mabye any shortcut at all during a game (except the cmd+tab?).
Or make it a general option?

Lord_Talron
07-16-2013, 08:05 PM
would be really nice, i am used to the full key functionality of my emulator

kkulishev
07-17-2013, 12:36 AM
+1, because sometimes happen to press cmd+q and quit application.

LeGoLaSSS
07-17-2013, 01:28 AM
Meanwhile, you can just disable the cmd+q for Dota 2.
http://www.quora.com/How-do-I-disable-Command-q-in-OS-X

santokki
07-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Meanwhile, you can just disable the cmd+q for Dota 2.
http://www.quora.com/How-do-I-disable-Command-q-in-OS-X

this doesnt really work, they dont allow you to assign shortcuts to Dota 2, only Steam. also, the override doesnt even seem to work for Steam. either that or im doing something terribly wrong.

santokki
07-18-2013, 06:36 PM
just to reiterate, command key functions ruin the game [for me at least]. in addition, the hot corners on macs need to be overridden as well because every time i put my mouse in the corner of the screen it brings me my dashboard and that is not a function id like to give up to play dota. while i understand that there are intricate ways of going about these things, an organic fix would be much better.

and also, while you might be able to disable command+q, you cant enable the use of command keys as available hot keys for items and such in the game.

i appreciate the developers taking their time to look into these things!

icanlolalldaylong
07-21-2013, 01:51 PM
guys the application name is dota_osx... it works for me

select "all applications" and name it "Quit dota_osx" and put in anything that you wont press accidently (change the hotkey for quit)