Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dual monitor lag problem

Basic Member

Dual monitor lag problem

I've just upgraded to dual screens - the plan was to be able to watch a dota game while doing something else on the other screen. The problem I have however is that when the Dota 2 window isn't in focus (When I select another application), the Dota 2 framerate drops dramatically. I was wondering if anyone had run into this problem and if anyone knew how to fix it?

Basic Member
    Its a matter of processing priority as not to affect focused application rendering power availability. Any research you had done prior to purchasing a second monitor to this purpose alone would have told you that. If your GPU is fast enough it might be able to render dota2 fine while you do something else (and I'm talking high end or SLI/Crossfire here). Otherwise I'm afraid you are out of luck.

I assume you're already running dota windowed?

Basic Member
    you can set (in the console) engine_no_focus_sleep 0, that will fix it right up

Quote Originally Posted by rp_guy View Post
    +respect.

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=52735

Basic Member
    thx man, it really helps

i also find useful for me "in_lock_mouse_to_window 0" command when watching replays/live games with 2 monitors, it let you move mouse freely in and out of game window

Quote Originally Posted by lunatic3k View Post
    thx man, it really helps

i also find useful for me "in_lock_mouse_to_window 0" command when watching replays/live games with 2 monitors, it let you move mouse freely in and out of game window
    cool

Holy crap i've been looking for this for so long, you are a GOD!

Basic Member
    Thank you!!!!

Basic Member
    Btw I learnt something else today, if you want Dota 2 in FULLSCREEN on your second monitor. press windows key + shift and left or right depending where the monitor is and it will move there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuze View Post
    Btw I learnt something else today, if you want Dota 2 in FULLSCREEN on your second monitor. press windows key + shift and left or right depending where the monitor is and it will move there.
    awesome! now I can move it to that monitor I have in the corner...
    I knew about this shortcut but didn't think it'd work on dota2...
    Last edited by CvP; 08-27-2012 at 12:48 PM.