Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 constantly crashes

Basic Member

Dota 2 constantly crashes

It started about a month ago when my graphic card driver (to GeForce 320.49) and DOTA 2 both had an update. After updating I was unable to play anything on steam as they all behaved the same way:
    The application would crash as it attempted to open.

At the time I tried doing some basic stuffs to go around the problem such as re installing steam and the games, and role backing the driver. I also followed some more complicated solutions that I didn't quite understand around steam forums.
    None of which worked.
    After a while I read a post that suggested opening the games in compatibility mode. It worked, for each game that I set the compatibility mode (I did to Windows XP SP3). So I didn't looked much further.

I don't notice anything different in the other games, but DOTA 2 in compatibility mode got a bad habit of crashing, specificaly when:
    -A match was found and the game starts loading.
    -When closing Hero selection screen after pressing Play.
    -Randomly during the game, but usually during fights. (This one creates mdmp files of 0kb with "(failed)" in the name).

As a side note I use Windows 7 Ultimate, have DirectX 11.0, updated the Graphic Card Drivers again to 320.49

Computer Specs:
    CPU: i7 860 2.80GHz
    Graphics: GTX 260 (1792MB)
    Memory: 6GB DDR3

-Yan

Basic Member
    Kind of a bump and to add something:

Usually right after I crash, if I attempt to open the game straight away, it will be "Searching for DOTA 2 Network". So I close steam as well before opening the game.
    The crashes are getting worse... http://postimg.org/image/ks5zfcqhx/

I'll include the 4 most recent mdmp as I failed to open them correctly (pointing to system32 etc...)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?yr23f5a11a4y43t
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by app0c; 09-16-2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: I dont know how to remove the attached image...

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by app0c View Post
    Kind of a bump and to add something:

Usually right after I crash, if I attempt to open the game straight away, it will be "Searching for DOTA 2 Network". So I close steam as well before opening the game.
    The crashes are getting worse... http://postimg.org/image/ks5zfcqhx/

I'll include the 4 most recent mdmp as I failed to open them correctly (pointing to system32 etc...)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?yr23f5a11a4y43t
    All of these are crashes running out of memory on a 32-bit version of windows. We are testing an update right now that should help with this issue. It should be available on the test build sometime this week.

Basic Member
    Oh, thanks a lot for the reply. That puts me at ease, specially knowing it is being looked at. I'll patiently wait for the fix then.
    Keep up the good work.

-Yan

Basic Member
    more hats plzx

Basic Member
    more hats plzx

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JayStelly View Post
    All of these are crashes running out of memory on a 32-bit version of windows. We are testing an update right now that should help with this issue. It should be available on the test build sometime this week.
    LC CONFIRMED

Wow a developer finally saying that we'll have an update! OMG it took one post by app0c while they never cared for 100++ pages of spam at patch anticipation station.

Respect app0c
    I can't wait the day that i'll play my favorite game bug free and with an improved matchmaking/report system.

Incoming LC

LC! FINALLY:O