Thread: Spanish speakers in English speaking servers.

Basic Member

Spanish speakers in English speaking servers.

I've had a streak of games that have literally forced me to post on this forum.

Ever since the games full release, I have had nothing but Spanish speaking players in my games, and not just one or two, but maybe about 50% of the games I get put into now, I am the ONLY English speaking player on EITHER team, this makes communication IMPOSSIBLE, which is what the whole game is about, and teamwork is also one of the main advertising points of this game, and it sure as Hell doesn't deliver in that regard anymore.

Before the game's full release the match making system wasn't fully working or meaningful, but it wasn't completely terrible, and I was matched into games with other players that were also competent players and were willing to communicate in sentences that advanced beyond 'JAJAJAJAAJAJAJAJ FUCK NOOB REPORT'.

I currently queue on EU west and NA east, depending on where I am currently, and in Europe it's Russians LITERALLY invading servers, and in North America it's EXACTLY the same with South Americans, this is genuinely unacceptable from a developer like Valve.

I have no problem at all with where someone is from, as long as they are able and willing to communicate and work as a team, in one of the most teamwork based games around currently. If I select English speaking servers, I am fully expecting to be able to communicate with my team in the language that I have chosen.

The language selector which Valve implemented a long time ago has done literally nothing to alleviate the invasion of Russians and South Americans.

I do not join anything but English speaking servers because it would be disruptive and detrimental to mine and everyone else's experience if I couldn't communicate.

It's not just communication that's the problem, if you are unlucky enough to get solo queued into a South American 3-4 player stack, and have the audacity to ask them to speak English on a North American, English speaking server, enjoy being called a 'gringo' and a racist, and being endlessly reported.

I know this has been a point of debate for a while now, and honestly, it probably will be until Valve make an actual statement or do something about it, because it is literally forcing players, new and old out of the game completely because they are unwilling to deal with it.

Though it's nice to see Valve has graced us with yet more cosmetic items and chests, because everyone knows that's what the game is really about.

Lithium

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenciades View Post
    Then if that's the case, Valve also need to address that issue.

South America is a huge continent and a single server location is also unnacceptable, as it's not like Valve is strapped for cash, what with the endless tide of new WACKY HATS TO MAKE YOUR DUDE LOOK REAL NEAT...

It's not fair on North Americans or English speakers as a whole as we're being literally forced to play with people who endlessly jabber on in Spanish, and literally report you for speaking English in English speaking servers.

It's also not fair on Spanish speaking South Americans who do not have access to Spanish speaking servers with a good and playable ping, and people who they can communicate with.

Quote Originally Posted by lithium420 View Post
    Then if that's the case, Valve also need to address that issue.

South America is a huge continent and a single server location is also unnacceptable, as it's not like Valve is strapped for cash, what with the endless tide of new WACKY HATS TO MAKE YOUR DUDE LOOK REAL NEAT...

It's not fair on North Americans or English speakers as a whole as we're being literally forced to play with people who endlessly jabber on in Spanish, and literally report you for speaking English in English speaking servers.

It's also not fair on Spanish speaking South Americans who do not have access to Spanish speaking servers with a good and playable ping, and people who they can communicate with.
    It isn't just a matter of language, as you can see. Many South Americans experience extremely high pings while playing in the Brazilian server, I'm talking about 300 to 400 ping, even if we're on the same continent. I don't have any problems communicating in english (most of the time), but I can understand the fact that it's annoying to play with people who refuse to communicate in the proper language, according to the server they're in.

I got tired of not being able to play with half of my friends due to these routing issues, so I temporarily quit DotA 2 and started playing LoL for a while (with 8 - 10 ping when playing on the proper server and no communication problems). It really feels nice playing that way, although I do feel that DotA 2 is the superior game and the one I enjoy the most, but the problems the servers have been presenting as of late make the game almost unplayable.

Nevermind, I won't deviate your thread anymore, but I just want to say that many Spanish speakers play on the US servers because they have nowhere else to play, because of the reasons I explained above.
    Last edited by Quote; 09-12-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Basic Member
    Update: Just played a game in lpq (which was I was put into because of previously stated reasons) in which we had a pudge + vs dual lane, morphling mid and a solo bottom storm. I ran Furion this game because I wanted to play some PvE profit builds, but SOMEHOW their Gondar was a competent player who actually GANKED and did real things. So I abandoned and I'm taking a little break from this game, I just can't do it anymore.

The Storm reported me for telling him that Storm was a mid hero, when according to him I was a noob if I thought so.

Morphling spent all game shouting about TOO BIG GANK

Pudge spent his time getting cs with his hook

Venge maxed out vengance aura with no stun

Holy shit please help.

Quote Originally Posted by lithium420 View Post
    Update: Just played a game in lpq (which was I was put into because of previously stated reasons) in which we had a pudge + vs dual lane, morphling mid and a solo bottom storm. I ran Furion this game because I wanted to play some PvE profit builds, but SOMEHOW their Gondar was a competent player who actually GANKED and did real things. So I abandoned and I'm taking a little break from this game, I just can't do it anymore.

The Storm reported me for telling him that Storm was a mid hero, when according to him I was a noob if I thought so.

Morphling spent all game shouting about TOO BIG GANK

Pudge spent his time getting cs with his hook

Venge maxed out vengance aura with no stun

Holy shit please help.
    It's low priority. People are there because they abandon too much or they like trolling. Some people purposefully get themselves sent there to rack up the easy wins against people that troll their team nonstop.
    The stupidity never ends:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilev View Post
    Still the MM would be considered broken, cuz you shjouldn't be "outplayed". The match should be as balanced as possible.