Page 18578 of 18585 FirstFirst ... 17578 18078 18478 18528 18568 18576 18577 18578 18579 18580 ... LastLast
Results 185,771 to 185,780 of 185849

Thread: Patch Anticipation Station

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    Made a profit the last 5 years they did it.

What risk is there exactly?

How is setting up an event any riskier than investing in the creation of a new game?

Oh rights its not, and in fact events are less riskier since you can advertise and sell tickets and related items before the event is set up and prepared.

You think they already paid for everything 2 months in advance? Heh, as a supplier of a service or a seller of goods, when it comes to big companies you have to pull them dragging and screaming to get payment. They literally give 0 shits and often they hold really tight onto their balance for cashflow reasons.
    Imagine if - for whatever reason - the KeyArena would become unusable, or worse, would have to be evacuated during the event (fire, bomb threat, hell, an actual terrorist attack). That would cost Valve millions. They need to ensure they turn a profit no matter what happens, including the worst-case scenario (and to be honest, a bomb threat isn't all that unrealistic).

Why is PAS a cry about a game you don't even play thread. People used to look forward to patches here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzymodus View Post
    Imagine if - for whatever reason - the KeyArena would become unusable, or worse, would have to be evacuated during the event (fire, bomb threat, hell, an actual terrorist attack). That would cost Valve millions. They need to ensure they turn a profit no matter what happens, including the worst-case scenario (and to be honest, a bomb threat isn't all that unrealistic).
    True.

Profit is above all else for a company. Actually scratch that, it's human nature. Everyone wants to get back more than they gave. What pisses me off is how the community treats Valve, like some kind of rare gaming industry gem that cares only about its customers.
    Spoiler: 

Quote Originally Posted by fine93 View Post
    LOOK AT THIS ASS LICKING, FUCKING CUNT COMMUNITY

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comme..._to_play_game/
    they are wasted sperms,don't mind them,they have nothing to do in thier life except asslicking ,they are just wasting oxygen on this planet.I remember when i posted bug about monkey king on reddit(when player disconnected from the game monkey king wasn't able to use his ulti)which you can also find here ,but i got downvote (was few(50%)) for no reason.but some bullshit from famous people or some asslicking topic on reddit gets thousands upvotes
    Last edited by bargost10; 05-19-2017 at 02:13 PM.
    Ignorant:
    1-someone who spends his/her real money on unreal items,events and ...
    2-someone who asslicking aka valveknights
    3-someone who thinks an online game is kind of sport
    4-bunch of 12 yo kids on the internet call themselves "community"
    (sry for my bad english)

Quote Originally Posted by fine93 View Post
    wish we had an option to ban heroes we never want to see in our games

PA, LC, SLARK pls mr frog
    PA , TINKER , SLARK , OMNI

for me

There is purity in silence.
    STEAM, REDDIT, WIKI

Quote Originally Posted by FishPls View Post
    Why is PAS a cry about a game you don't even play thread. People used to look forward to patches here.
    There are kind of more new content patches I guess?

But then again, they still don't outnumber the amount of hat updates we get and those are getting more and more infuriatingly shit, with not fitting and being greedy and stuff.

A man's gotta complain, man. It's the way of life.

Not everyone knows this, but filing complaints has been the first bureaucratic stuff that ever appeared in the history of mankind. They found cave drawings complaining about the weather, the catch of the day, the smell of others, and they would comment on that with nasty drawings of feces. Also a hidden fact that the pyramids each have a wall inside them, dedicated to shit the pharaoh has done, and the comments section, where they shit on it.

The Chinese invented the scrolls only because it was easier to store the complaints, rather than having to listen to everyone individually. And finally, the ballpoint pen was invented for a faster, and ever-lasting way of filing complaints.
    Last edited by at35z; 05-20-2017 at 01:29 AM.
    Credits to Phoenix.

OMG the Io Arcana ability icons are soooooo baaad DDDD

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Benevolen...#Ability_Icons

They so obviously just put the cube model shit & portals on top of the original icons, and it looks hilariously bad. Were the graphics guys on vacation or something? DDDD

I also like how the wiki is desperately trying to save the dignity of cosmetic items.

The existence of this item may imply that Dota 2 shares the same universe as Valve's Portal and Half-Life franchises.
    Credits to Phoenix.

I mean, that's not a completely dumb idea. A lot of the Dota 2 lore was in fact written by Marc Laidlaw, who is also responsible for the Half-Life universe, and there are lots of Half-Life references both lore- as well as hero response-wise in dota 2. For example, Tinker's lore is just straight up from Half-Life:

Boush the Tinker's diminutive race is known for its intelligence, its cunning, and its prickly relationship with magic. As a matter of pride, they survive by their wits, and use only those powers of nature that may be unlocked through rational methodologies. Even this forbearance has led to a great deal of trouble, as Boush can attest. Once a key investigator of natural law, Boush the Tinker led a vast intellectual investigation into the workings of nature, founding a subterranean laboratory in the rumored, mist-wreathed wastes of the Violet Plateau. While scorning mages for the dangers they visit upon the world, Boush and his Tinker associates haughtily wrenched open a portal to some realm beyond comprehension and ushered in some nightmares of their own. A black mist rose from the cavernous interior of the Violet Plateau, shrouding it in permanent darkness from which sounds of horror perpetually emanate. Boush escaped with only his wits and the contraptions he carried, the sole Tinker to survive the Violet Plateau Incident.
    The Violet Plateau incident == The Black Mesa incident which led to the resonance cascade. Tinker's lore basically completely matches Gordon Freeman's "lore", lol. "Boush and his Tinker associates haughtily wrenched open a portal to some realm beyond comprehension and ushered in some nightmares of their own" references the Xen portal opening. Not to mention how many Half-Life referencing voicelines Tinker has, directly referencing "Lamarr" the headcrab from Dr. Kleiner's (Tinker's voice actor voiced Dr Kleiner too) laboratory, among others.

Oracle has the same voice actor as the G-man. Does this sound familiar?

I actually emailed Laidlaw regarding his involvement with Dota 2 some time ago, he seems like a super nice guy. Here's his response to me:

Hi ****, thanks for your kind words. Writing the hero lore was lots of fun but I didn’t do anything on the Archronicus. That was the work of Ted Kosmatka and Kris Katz. They drew on the “mad moon” story I came up with very early on and then tried to systematize and extrapolate from there. I wrote a lot of the individual hero lore and the first shopkeeper comic and random stuff like that (The Greeviling, etc.). IceFrog knew the old Dota lore inside and out, but mainly stayed out of lore discussion except when we had specific questions about where things came from originally…we were instructed to ignore the old lore completely, although later we did have to take some of it into account in order to be careful with community expectations. He was sometimes present at recording sessions to help us get the personality of the hero right, which was more important to continuity than background stories most people wouldn’t read.

How about some CS:GO and TF2 skins as well? I would love to see sniper with a tactical assault rifle and grenades! Makes perfect sense too!
    Spoiler: 

fuck i almost won a battle cup with 4 random guys....
    2 Games the Same Passion