Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chat ban should not be allowed in The United States

Basic Member

Chat ban should not be allowed in The United States

The right to freedom of expression is recognized as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). Article 19 of the ICCPR states that "[e]veryone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference" and "everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice". Article 19 goes on to say that the exercise of these rights carries "special duties and responsibilities" and may "therefore be subject to certain restrictions" when necessary "[f]or respect of the rights or reputation of others" or "[f]or the protection of national security or of public order (order public), or of public health or morals".[1][2]

Having a chat ban is clearly going against these laws. A person can individually mute a person via the scoreboard menu, there is no need to revoke the "privilege' to speak universally.

You should sue Valve.

All my reports are based on tests using Dota 2 latest map/ WC3 6.79 test map.

so ur gonna nuke valve now? or just declare war at them?

Basic Member
    I'd appreciate serious responses only please.

So express yourself with the chat wheel. Commercials are muted by me. I don't allow their filthy attempts at getting my money.
    I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.

Basic Member
    The chat wheel simply won't do.

HAHA it's like HE DIDN'T READ THE TERMS OF AGREEMENT. Common, what are you doing with your life, if you are going to make an argument at least read the terms of agreement that YOU agreed to before posting senseless crap.

OP clearly sees only what he wants to see. Here, let me highlight some stuff from your extract:
    Quote Originally Posted by VPPTrue View Post
    The right to freedom of expression is recognized as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). Article 19 of the ICCPR states that "[e]veryone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference" and "everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice". Article 19 goes on to say that the exercise of these rights carries "special duties and responsibilities" and may "therefore be subject to certain restrictions" when necessary "[f]or respect of the rights or reputation of others" or "[f]or the protection of national security or of public order (order public), or of public health or morals".[1][2]

Quote Originally Posted by VPPTrue View Post

Having a chat ban is clearly going against these laws. A person can individually mute a person via the scoreboard menu, there is no need to revoke the "privilege' to speak universally.
    Shut the fuck up!!!!! A million times over
    That title above your avatar.. you know "basic member".. says it all..

Banned
    maybe in valve's country it is acceptable to censor other people's freedom of speech but

here in america we have laws and regulations and we have morals