Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Customized In-Game Music/Songs

Customized In-Game Music/Songs

Is Dota 2 compatible with adding an ingame music? like a music tab when playing Dota, adding music would be added on the game folder "/music/" and can be played in-game, can be shuffled/repeat. It would be just like the Scoreboard Tab and a shortcut key
    UltraRasengan reporting for duty

Just call me Ultra

seems like an interesting idea but I doubt that many people would use it except for a select few such as those who cant get media player multi media keys to work properly on their keyboard.

What's that? And yes it would be useful like GTA: San Andreas Customized sound when playing (riding on a car, etc : i meant the radio)
    UltraRasengan reporting for duty

Just call me Ultra

Basic Member
    Yea~~~put more ingame music pls~~~

Ideally, we could have customized music that triggers on specified events. There are no games that have this openly available to the players as an actual feature, and I find it to be amazing. Specifically, I'd love changing the store's bells to a different jingle, the domination lines, which are ageless but overdone, and of course, the song that plays during teamfights/base defense/offense.

Also, it'd be something to troll a friend of mine with if he ever left me with his game long enough. I think he'd appreciate me changing his "Attacking Base" song to "All Hail Shadow" or "Cooking by the Book". Or change all of lina's lines to 'BURN TO THE GROUND', but no one would go that far with allowed custom sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Quint View Post
    Specifically, I'd love changing [...] the song that plays during teamfights/base defense/offense.
    Actually, Alien Swarm (a free game released by Valve) has this exact feature, so maybe we can hope.

+1

I know this thread isn't terribly alive, but I'd like to comment that I think this does actually matter. It'd be VERY nice to have in game player, as long as two key features were added.

Things in-game music support could allow:

1) Changing (lowering) music volume when allies team chat
    2) Changing (lowering) music volume when 'important' sounds are played (e.g., Pudge's "Fresh Meat", global silence, etc.)

Does the in-game music already do this?

Either way, I've definitely died several times while crying for help over voice chat, only to get the response: "Sorry, I listen to music when I play" (which also forces me to type for the rest of the game). It'd also be nice for me to be able to listen to music at a decent volume without having to adjust it constantly based on the volume of everyone else's microphones.

Long story short: Giving people some way to play their music within the framework of the game, rather than going to outside tools like Winamp, wherein they drown out the volume of my voice chat would be nice.
    Last edited by Varuka; 02-13-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Basic Member
    Alien Swarm has it and that was on a source engine.
    +1

Basic Member
    yeah add internet radio pls