Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [bug] Can't CLICK on minimap (for faster camera travel)

Basic Member

Exclamation [bug] Can't CLICK on minimap (for faster camera travel)

Happens random minutes after the game. Quick fix with a restart but still the problem persists.
    It is even accompanied buy a bug that unables you to click the enemy heroes (ally no prob).
    And if i drag (using mouse1) the ground trying to create a selection rectangle (the way to select multiple units) will just let you drag the whole map.

Please fix :/

Basic Member
    I have exactly the same problem in the game sometimes do not click on the mini map.i play meepo wasting my time and wait until the clicks itis bad BUG .Need fix!!

Basic Member
    I have this bug as well, For the most part there's no problem but a couple times per game I'll notice that when I click on the map, to move the camera, nothing happens. i can click as many times as I want all over the map, but no response. It can be easily fixed by clicking on the ground somewhere (i.e. not on the map) and then clicking on the map again and it's fine. But it's still a pain in the butt.

I have this bug too and it's extremely annoying.
    I use minimap A LOT and I always click on it to see allies and enemy heroes,
    wards, runes, follow the impact spot of AA ulti and Clockwerk rocket, etc. so
    I always need to be able to click on the minimap for fast map awareness.
    When this thing occasionally happens, especially when I need it during teamfights,
    it frustrates the hell out of me. I have to edge pan with my mouse in all directions
    randomly for a couple of seconds in order to get it working again.
    Can someone look into this?
    Last edited by popovich; 04-01-2014 at 02:33 PM.
    CPU: Core i5 6400 @ 3.3GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 2GB
    RAM: 8GB DDR4 @ 1333MHz
    MB: ASUS H110M-K
    AV: n/a

Basic Member
    Same problem here. Sometimes after clicking on minimap looks like ctrl gets stuck, resulting in drawing instead of selecting the selected area on the minimap. If I click somewhere on the map it seems to get fixed, but it happens shortly after over and over again. Sometimes I get the same problem mentioned above, where I can't click enemy heroes. Also I can't seem to use ulti with no reason at all, but if I try again using mouse instead of keyboard it works. It's not a hardware issue since It only happens on dota 2. Please give some feedback.

try this command

dota_minimap_misclick_time 0

Basic Member
    Tried that alrdy, problem persists.

For me, when I click on the minimap with Mouse3 (the map-gripping key), left-click stops working as long as my mousepointer is still on the minimap, can anyone else confirm that?

Basic Member
    I too have the problem aserate mentioned and whereas in the past it happened every 3 games or so, now it consistently happens every game at least twice per game. It's infuriating having to restart the game twice or more during a match. I am praying for a cure.

Basic Member
    I have the same problem sometimes. I found a solution for me, i should right-click (move) on minimap like to activate it, and then left-click to move the camera.
    But it takes time and in some fights you just haven't this time. Hope this get fixed soon.