Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When reporting problems, please always share Match ID or Steam community profile

Valve Developer

When reporting problems, please always share Match ID or Steam community profile

When you post a problem with a match, on this forum or any other, please always share the match ID and which hero you were playing. This allows us to instantly begin investigating the problem. It can also enable fellow community members to assist, for example, by watching the replay.

You donít need to post your problems here on dev.dota2.com for us to see them, because we read many other forums as well. But wherever you post, please always include this information. In fact, sharing this information is even more important on other forums where we cannot easily identify your Steam account from your forum username.

If the problem you are reporting is happening outside the context of a match, or you donít have the match ID, sharing a link to your Steam community profile enables us to locate your account.

When you see other posts that should include this information but donít, please ask the poster to provide it.

I guess that makes sense. But from what I have seen in this forum, most reports about any problems, include an ID. If an ID is not included, the mods/users ask for it before even starting a discussion.
    Spoiler: 

I just don't know how the mods and etc from this forum can handle such a terrible community.

Basic Member
    I think the problem isn't READING but ASKING the community what to change. We aren't asked what for what we want. We struggle for it and we don't get it usually.

You must create more community polls. Official ones. And decide using them.

Thanks for your post.

I guess mods should make a sticky.

i assume fletcher is talking about the compendium bugs mostly since I ve seen tons of threads about them without a single link to their steam profile, while every ingame bug report has a game id

Valve Developer
    Bumping this. Please spread the word.

Most posts on dev.dota2.com contain a Match ID when appropriate; but posts on other forums often don't.

Valve developers read other forums, too! If you see a post on any forum that should contain a match ID or some way to locate the affected account, but doesn't, please ask the original poster to provide it (in that friendly, gentle manner that is the hallmark of the Dota community).

Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    Bumping this. Please spread the word.

Most posts on dev.dota2.com contain a Match ID when appropriate; but posts on other forums often don't.

Valve developers read other forums, too! If you see a post on any forum that should contain a match ID or some way to locate the affected account, but doesn't, please ask the original poster to provide it (in that friendly, gentle manner that is the hallmark of the Dota community).
    Maybe make this thread a sticky for some time? so that players can see it. (just an idea)
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2011 View Post
    Maybe make this thread a sticky for some time? so that players can see it. (just an idea)
    Like they see the bug posting guidelines. I doubt they'll bother reading it.

Banned
    in on fletcher thread.