Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion]Single Toggle Autocast Hotkey

[Suggestion]Single Toggle Autocast Hotkey

If I recall correctly there isn't any hero that has more than one ability than can be toggled on and off for auto-cast so why are we having toggle auto cast for each individual ability?

Create a single hotkey (rebindable obviously) to toggle the ability that can be auto-cast (if any) on the hero.

It simplifies things and frees up hotkeys overall, it just feels silly to have to bind 4 different ones because Viper, Huskarr, Puck and Enchantress all have Toggleable auto-casts on different abilities.

Basic Member
    I'll be honest, I don't like this idea. The toggle button of alt+q/w/e/r is already incredibly accessible and makes it far easier to use when switching between toggle/manual cast modes on the fly.

That said, if there was an option to activate said single-key toggle that would be disabled by default I wouldn't mind. The demand won't be there for it though.

Well with source alias magic, you can bind all auto-cast slots to a single key:
    Code:
    alias autocast_all "dota_ability_autocast 0; dota_ability_autocast 1; dota_ability_autocast 2; dota_ability_autocast 3; dota_ability_autocast 4; dota_ability_autocast 5"

bind p autocast_all
    The only problem with this at the moment, is that it plays the ability error sound for not-yet-learned abilities.

+1 Support!

+1 Was thinking the same thing just the other day.. Lots of people have alt+qwer at their items bindings so I find it not really useful for auto-casting.

I say that when you double tab or hold the hotkey down, you toggle autocast on, and vice versa. I prefer double tapping, but Pucks "Phase Sift" can be activated, so in his/hers case hotkey has to be held down for a moment.
    (I hope you understood what I mean )

Thumbs up for this suggestion.

+1, I never have hotkeys for autocast for that particular reason, so it would be a great implementation.

Basic Member
    I also use ALT-QWEASD for my items, and as a result don't seem to have an autocast key available even via rebinds. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmwrecker View Post
    I also use ALT-QWEASD for my items, and as a result don't seem to have an autocast key available even via rebinds. Am I missing something?
    well i'm using asdfer and alt-asdfer(autocast) for spells and tzcv mouse1-2 for items, and they are working fine
    System #1 Spec for Bug Reporting:_____System #2 Spec for Bug Reporting:
    ----------------------------------------_______..----------------------------------------
    CPU: Intel Core Duo T2300______________.CPU: Intel I7-3770K
    GPU: ATI Mobility X1600_________________GPU: Nvidia GTX-670
    RAM: DDR2 667 2GB__________________iiRAM: DDR3 1600 16GB
    OS: Win7 Ultimate 32bit___________________Win7 Ultimate 64bit
    Res: 720p_______________________________.Res: 1080p

Net: 25Mbit/1,5Mbit

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hihuli View Post
    I say that when you double tab
    This, duble tap is already used for self cast and it's the more elegant solution for the autocast dilemma.