Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: May I ask how to increase FPS of DotA 2?

Basic Member
    OH GUYS, i think i've found the problem... my power available always stays at 23% and even I plug in and charge, it stops there and will not charge to 100%... can someone tell me how to fix it?? !!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
    1. Play on POWER CORD, never on battery. NEVER ON BATTERY!
    2. Put your Windows to HIGH PERFORMANCE, its that battery icon next to a clock.

3. Lower DOTA2 graphics to low and set resolution to 800x600. DO NOT PLAY AT 1376x768 resolution or even worse 1680x1050. Thats very graphic intensive and NOT for laptop gaming. Please, play at 800x600, the graphic will SUCK but framerate will be good.

Report back!
    Changing resolutions has little to no impact for me, I don't think I even gain something. :/

Basic Member
    To run the game you need a good processor and a good graphic solution.

Things like textures or anti-aliasing (basically everything which intends to higher the quality of the picture) will use your graphic solution.
    Things like water, particles, animated icons, shadows ... is about the processor.

If your laptop is not for gaming but has a good processor (i5 are more than fine enough), then you should lower resolution, disable anti-aliasing, lower the quality of textures, run the game windowed...

Make your own search in google for Source commands.

@TheZor : Tell us more about your computer if you want us to help you.
    @ZlolZaIm : Well, if you are having issues with your hardware I don't think it is the right forum for you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ZlolZaIm View Post
    GUYS please listen this!!! I think the problem is because my battery stops charging at 23%!! How to fix it!?
    Replace your power supply (the cord that connects your laptop to the outlet).

Basic Member
    oh guys i cant find the problem.. the battery is not the problem... why is dota 2 lagging on my comp? D: is my comp specs actually Okay? anyone tell me thanks.

Basic Member
    bump anyone can tell me if my specs are good/bad for dota2? D;

Basic Member
    "Buy a Graphics card or simply lower your settings further. "
    "Mobility chipsets simply aren't good for gaming. "
    "If your laptop is not for gaming but has a good processor (i5 are more than fine enough), then you should lower resolution, disable anti-aliasing, lower the quality of textures, run the game windowed..."

What's wrong with these quotes?

Basic Member
    Game still isn't fully optimized,requirements for dota will go down once the full,polished,version is available.
    I've got a decent hardware,i run game smootly,and yet,after i exit or atl tab out of Dota,i get massive slowdown on desktop and using any other game/aplication.
    But thats the point of beta

Quote Originally Posted by 4evra View Post
    Game still isn't fully optimized,requirements for dota will go down once the full,polished,version is available.
    I've got a decent hardware,i run game smootly,and yet,after i exit or atl tab out of Dota,i get massive slowdown on desktop and using any other game/aplication.
    But thats the point of beta
    Seems like Hard Drive is swapping.

How much RAM do you have, and what Operating System do you use (Win xp? Win 7 32bit? Win 7 64bit?)

Basic Member
    ok, thanks for your guys' help. I really appreciate it.