Thread: Mouse/Camera Controls

Smile Mouse/Camera Controls

Hey there, great job on Dota 2 so far. Is there any chance we can get a mouse sensitivity slider? Camera speeds only affect how fast it moves when you hit the edge of your screen, but I like to have the ability to pan readily available.

On the same subject, what is Camera Grip supposed to do? When I first saw that I thought it basically meant "while you hold this key, you can move the camera around with the mouse". It doesn't seem to do anything, though.

Cheers.

Is there any more on this? I've been hoping to set this camera option to Spacebar, like in League of Legends, but it doesn't work when I bind Spacebar to this control option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Bull View Post
    Hey there, great job on Dota 2 so far. Is there any chance we can get a mouse sensitivity slider? Camera speeds only affect how fast it moves when you hit the edge of your screen, but I like to have the ability to pan readily available.

On the same subject, what is Camera Grip supposed to do? When I first saw that I thought it basically meant "while you hold this key, you can move the camera around with the mouse". It doesn't seem to do anything, though.

Cheers.

I want a Top-Down view of the game, like traditional RTS games!

Basic Member
    wat the heck is this camera grip? got any answer from any1?

Basic Member
    I know that you can move the camera by pushing your cursor to the edge of the screen. I also know you can hold middle mouse to move the screen. Is there any way you can rebind that control so it isn't middle mouse? It is just kinda awkward with my mouse.

Basic Member
    I did some testing and apparently cameragrip is a hold function ( called +cameragrip). if you hold this, it enables a mouse drag on holding mouse1 (you have to hold 2 buttons ???)

you cant script this onto one button sadly ie bind space "+cameragrip; +attack" because mouse1 functionality isnt bindable. wishing for valve to implement the functionality on one button before the release this big update