Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Confirmed] Quelling Blade doesn't work on Kunkka

It is cleave. It just has a special interaction with QB.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    To make it clear, I believe the bug is gone once you level up Tidebringer, so it's not really apparent, as most people level up that skill first.

Basic Member
    With the introduction of the auto-cast mechanic, this turned more broken, QB now only works if you have Tidebringer turned on, not leveled up.

So even if you're like level 5, have 3 points in Tidebringer, but you have it turned off, QB will not provide bonus damage.
    Last edited by Superimposed; 12-23-2015 at 12:26 PM.

Quelling Blade only works on Kunkka if he has Tidebringer on autocast. So if you want to use it without proccing tidebringer, well, you can't. You must turn it on for it to work..

It should always work for Kunkka, except when Tidebringer is activated and off cooldown, i.e. only not on hits which actually apply the cleave.

Last edited by bu3ny; 01-12-2016 at 12:42 PM.

It should always work for Kunkka, except when Tidebringer is activated and off cooldown, i.e. only not on hits which actually apply the cleave.
    isn't it another unclear and overcomplicated "expected" behaviour?

Quote Originally Posted by DracoLich View Post
    isn't it another unclear and overcomplicated "expected" behaviour?
    It was very simple actually. Every hit applied Quell damage, just like how it does for any other hero currently. The only thing was, its damage was not added to Tidebringer's damage, so if you hit a creep with QB and Tidebringer ready, the creep took the increased damage, while the cleave damage was not increased.

Then, source 2 broke it, QB stopped working for Kunkka completely. They fixed it, but not like how it was before. Now, QB did only work if you had Tidebringer leveled at least once and the cleaving hit did not get its damage increased at all, not even when a creep was attacked. So here already, it was not like how it was pre source2, but it was "fine". Now that Tidebringer is active, it only works when having it leveled and when having it on auto-cast. And it still does not increase damage on the hit which procs the cleave. Right now, it is complicated, pre source2, it was very simple and perfect.

Kunkka Quelling Blade wont work if tidebringer is not on Cooldown

I noticed that whenever I buy a qb and decide to switch off tidebringer because i don't want to push, my quelling blade/ iron talon wont give any bonus damage to the creep i'm hitting. So i can't save a tidebringer if I want to harrass an enemy and be able to farm more efficiently. Also i know that before tidebringer couldn't work with tidebringer because it would be too op because qb worked with a percentage of the damage. but now that is a static value, why kunkka can't cleave that?

Kunkka does not get QB bonus damage when Tidebringer is off cooldown

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Level 1 Kunkka with Quelling Blade hits a melee creep with tidebringer
    2. Second hit onto the melee creep with Tidebringer on cooldown, note the damage (should be over 70)
    3. Wait until Tidebringer is ready, turn off autocast and attack melee creep
    Actual result: Kunkka does around 50 damage. He does not get the Quelling Blade bonus damage when Tidebringer is ready.
    Expected result: Kunkka always gets the Quelling Blade bonus on every non-Tidebringer hit.
    The King has arrived.

Basic Member

Kunkka's quelling blade bug

Kunkka's quelling blade wont work until he hits a creep with tidebringer.