Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Guild feature in Dota 2 Reborn?

Basic Member
    Honestly, a feature in which several communities rely on should be higher up in the priority. I mean, this should've been implemented before Source 1 disappeared because now a lot of guilds are left in the void. The local chat is impressive and it is probably more use to most other users but the guild is just as important for the niche groups

Basic Member
    Looks like the private chat channel is going to be the guild for Reborn. I've done a bit of testing so far and it seems like the functionality of the PCC is almost the same as the guild except with fewer features such as

1. Guild logo and information/description
    2. List of members with information such as online status and guild ranking for each member. Also gives you a UI to promote/demote/kick any members using this list
    3. Open guild-party system where guild members can join your party without needing to explicitly advertise in the chat

Well, I'm still very very very happy that guild-like feature is added. It's a start and I'm hoping more feature is added to PCC in the future. pls

Basic Member
    still no guild feature?

Basic Member
    It's been almost two years since I made this post and the guild still hasn't made its official return. Private chat channel fills that gap but its still underwhelming. With community goals we had in the past in compendiums, I still think there is a lot of potential and I hope valve hasn't abandoned this idea yet.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hexperiment View Post
    It's been almost two years since I made this post and the guild still hasn't made its official return. Private chat channel fills that gap but its still underwhelming. With community goals we had in the past in compendiums, I still think there is a lot of potential and I hope valve hasn't abandoned this idea yet.
    I think Valve needs an incentive to work on it, unfortunately I don't know what it should be.

It's quite clear that Guilds would serve a purpose, but without someone at Valve actually wanting to make it, it's hardly coming back soon.

We need to get people to message Valve directly, to make them aware that it's something the community would really want.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozuu View Post
    I think Valve needs an incentive to work on it, unfortunately I don't know what it should be.

It's quite clear that Guilds would serve a purpose, but without someone at Valve actually wanting to make it, it's hardly coming back soon.

We need to get people to message Valve directly, to make them aware that it's something the community would really want.
    Maybe there's no direct incentive like hats but I'm sure there are many ways of making money from it. There are those battlecups which you have to pay 99 cent tickets for and there's been multiple community oriented compendium goals in the past.

Instead of having to find 4 people to play battlecup with, people could do a guild-battlecup? A guild quest with cosmetic rewards so people can be encouraged to play in groups? I'm just brainstorming a bunch of ideas but I imagine Dota would have a healthier and more robust community if people were playing at least more in parties.