Thread: Heroes Origins Series - Rubick

Basic Member

Heroes Origins Series - Rubick

Hi everyone. I believe this is my first post here after much lurking around. Basically I've referenced the mega lore thread a lot when writing my first alternate lore.

I really love the world of DotA, and I've always wished that there were more stories and lores that I could read. And so, instead of wishing, I took it upon myself to write the heroes lores, how they come about, and thus Origins. I try my best to preserve as many things (as I remember) consistent with the existing lore, like relationships between Heroes, their current lore, default cosmetics, but I do have to change some things, it being an alternate lore and all.

Thus, it is my pleasure to present to you the first of the Heroes Origin series: Rubick.

Now, now, please do not flame me if links to personal blogs are not allowed. This is a link to WattPad (in which you require an account to read the full story, and which is why I re-uploaded it to a blog I haven't been updating). Let me know, and I shall take it down, though I will have no idea where to post it too other than WattPad. FanFiction.net only allows me to post 12 hours after registration.

I hope you will enjoy this story as much as I have enjoyed writing it.
    Feel free to leave comments and critiques. Spare no mercy, if you think this story deserves none.

May the Blessings of Selemene be with ye.

Basic Member
    There are 100 views on this thread. Can I get some criticisms on the story? Let me know where I can improve on the story. I intend to work on more heroes' lore soon, and any opinions will be of great assistance to my writing.

Basic Member
    It's kind of a dead forum here now, you'll be better off posting it on reddit or pd.

It's good though.

Basic Member
    Dead? I posted here because I think the people here are the most interested in DotA 2's lore. So much discussion going on. The lore thread has SO many pages. I'm actually happy to see so many people interested in the lore. At least I'm not alone. I did post to reddit, and the Steam's forum. Thanks for reading it, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm starting on my second story soon. Most probably Lion's. Then Clockwerk's.

Basic Member
    Dead? I posted here because I think the people here are the most interested in DotA 2's lore. So much discussion going on.
    Yes, dead. The first page of topics goes as far back as February.

Basic Member
    Didn't Rubick fight in the war because he want to steal spells (he plan to go to the Ultimyr University or Yama Raskav next)?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerVII View Post
    I really love the world of DotA, and I've always wished that there were more stories and lores that I could read. And so, instead of wishing, I took it upon myself to write the heroes lores, how they come about, and thus Origins. I try my best to preserve as many things (as I remember) consistent with the existing lore, like relationships between Heroes, their current lore, default cosmetics, but I do have to change some things, it being an alternate lore and all.
    Well, I did say it was an alternate lore ^^ But I thank you for reading!

Basic Member
    Amnesia rubick..interesting story though