Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Invoker Legacy Keys?

D+F sucks... support for real keys!

Basic Member
    Anyone who says "oh, just get used to it" is an idiot.

It's not too much to ask for support of the old hotkeys that many players have spent countless hours mastering. It's also a better system in some ways, as you'll never be confused as to which key to press when casting; whereas with the new system you must always be aware of which order you've invoked the spells.

The dev team have put in a system called "legacy keys" for a reason. Obviously they support the idea of having the old hotkeys available for dota 1 players with that preference.

Basic Member
    Invoker is the only hero I'd really want legacy keys on. I don't get messed up with them after playing those two games, but I still have to hold back a bit because I easily do remember which two spells I have - but I don't remember what keys they get. I only, somehow, subminally, recognize what spell combination I am going to get (which spell is going out and which stays), but not well enough to somehow link the hotkeys in my mind.

So, I'd actually want an option to bind the keys for invoker in legacy manner, specifically. Simply because it was a lot more convenient for me to use them.

Basic Member
    Needs more professional invokers on this thread.

I prefer the old style keys as well but using D F has not been a tough transition and I'll probably just stick with D F from now on.

Basic Member
    so is there any official support for this?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by misafans View Post
    Well ok if some of u guys like this new idea... but atleast give us an option to use D1 keys i mean isnt that what LEGACY KEYS are supised to be i have been doing reverse metor combos because my metor is on F ect.. very frustrating
    Grimorum: I agree 100%. I keep casting other spells when I try to cast meteor. 3000+ Invoker games embedded in my head and its just so natural for me to use old keys. IMHO, old keys are much better because using D & F is too confusing especially if trying to cast 20+ spells in one battle.

Watch my invoker movies on youtube, it is possible to do 20+ spells quickly with the old keys. I enjoy making videos, but if Dota 2 won't let me use old invoker keys, I can't produce awesome videos for Dota 2. Who knows, with more practice, I might be able to cast 30+ spells with the old keys.

Last edited by legitxeris; 01-26-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Basic Member
    Why is there an option like the "legacy hero keys" if there is no such thing, might aswell started the beta with qwer for all heroes without the previous option. I can't play invoker like this cos its just plain wrong, had a problem with a couple of heroes so far, thicked the legacy hero keys box and got some random hotkeys...

Basic Member
    invoker using autokeys is low!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by karofacek View Post
    invoker using autokeys is low!
    legacy keys is not auto keys silly. it is changing hotkeys from D & F to the previous.
    example tornado = x, meteor = d.
    currently, d = first spell invoked, f = second spell invoked