Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: After several attempts to connect, the server did not respond.

Basic Member

After several attempts to connect, the server did not respond.

Hi Valve, as you can see there are many people having this problem the last few days, probably this previous week. I don't know how to make a log/console dump to show what's happening, but I'd love to do something to help you guys fix this ASAP. Looks like people can't connect to some servers for unknown reasons - and, as a result, are getting heavy punishments like a 24 hours lock from queuing (I just got this and I'm super sad). I recently created a reddit post explaining the problem, but I also think it's a good idea to make a post here.

What do I know so far? Looks like this is happening only in South American servers (since the majority of people complaining are from South America).

From the post:
    I was playing some games with my friends in South American servers (I'm a Brazilian living in Canada) and I started noticing that, sometimes, after finding a match, my Dota simply didn't connect while everyone else did. This was somewhat random - didn't happen all the time - and sometimes I felt that restarting Steam solved the problem. Later in the Sunday, it happened two times in a row - then we connected to a custom game also in Brazilian servers and I connected correctly, so we queued again and, as expected, I wasn't able to connect. It simply said, everytime I tried: "After several attempts to connect, the server did not respond." It's funny to see that the server didn't respond only to me - probably the only person in North America queuing in South America. Is this intentional?

I don't have any firewalls (even Windows Firewall is off) and the default Windows antivirus. Also, this is a new thing, I used to play all the time with my friends in SA servers and it worked ok. Now I just got a 24 hours punishment for not being able to connect (it literally went from 5 minutes, to 20 minutes and now 24 hours). I don't think this is fair, I think you have a problem with your servers, and I'm very sad that I won't be able to play the game for 24 hours, knowing I have limited time to do the quests of the Battle Pass.
    I'm not the only person with this error, as you can see from this topic, this one, also this one, this other topic, and many others if I start to looking for this. Also without mentioning the people who are having this problem and don't come here to post in your forum.

Can you please answer us? Even if it's only saying that you guys understand that there's a real bug going on. And if possible, can you please lift our 24 hours lock? In other circumstances I wouldn't care but we payed a lot of money for the Battle Pass and we have limited time to complete quests. I really hope you guys help us out.

Cheers,
    STEAM_0:1:32684110

DearValve.png

Basic Member
    wtf dota 2.jpgwtf dota 3.jpgwtf dota.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz since yesterday

Basic Member
    Yeah, it's not about South American servers, since I am having this with US servers. What I have found is that if you restart the client and attempt to recconect you'll still get that message, but it won't count as a failure to ready and you won't get the penalty.

As an aside, if they're all south american players complaining, then it's definitely a US server issue, because they all play on US english servers.

Basic Member
    It happens on EU and RU servers as well. And btw it started like two weeks ago. Sometimes I cant even spectate games (some of them works others doesnt).

Basic Member
    They would rather punish you because one guy pulled his network cable to avoid playing RTZ. RTZ doesn't have time to get 9000 mmr with one guy pulling his cable. I mean, imagine the rage! "PEEEETRRRR, he pulled his cable!!!!!!!"

@astro11: Did you manage to fix this issue? Because it started this month for me, not only being unable to accept but also getting kicked in the middle of matches and getting locked from reconnecting because of the same error. I believe it's something with Valve's servers because it also happens in CS:GO, and these are the only games I have problems with. It's outrageous that the devs won't even give us an official answer on this matter, with so many people complaining. It's not like Dota 2 is a free game, people pay (A LOT) for it's cosmetic items.

I got 3 abandons in the last 2 weeks because of this.

Basic Member
    It happend to me too. I will pause Dota 2 until some admin tell us this problem is fixed.

Basic Member
    Did someone solve it? It's the third time that I got 24hours

It happened to me, I am playing in Sea server from Japan, and got some of game abandon when the 2mins count down before starting the games so I've to waited for 5 mins and then 20 mins and now its been 2 days, I just played 2 games completely fine but after that it happened again and now I got suspended and have to wait for 24 hours, is it really my faults at all? please fix this onegaii shimasu