Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: VSync without increased latency

Basic Member
    guys, if i got it right, it is usefull only if i have refresh rate >60, yes? So, if my monitor maintain only 60 Hz, it is useless, right?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BolZen View Post
    Hey Guys, any new informations???? After playing a while whit r_experimental_lag_limiter 1 on ist ok but not perfect??? is there anything planed to fix that?
    DX9: If you are below 60fps, don't bother with vsync. This won't change that. But if you are over monitor framerate, please enable it, since its 1 frame less delay.

DX11: DX11 vsync isn't a eyesore. Just enable it, there is no downside, at all.

Basic Member
    anyone know why fps has drop after latest update?
    before update, my fps stable @ 59-60 with vsync activated, after installed latest update, my fps drop @ 30-40 fps with vsync activated.
    any idea how to fix this problem?

Note : i played with DX11

Basic Member
    I've noticed a bug/limitation with the lag limiter:

1. start game with experimental lag limiter
    2. increase monitor refresh rate
    3. lag limiter still targets old refresh rate until dota 2 restart.

I also re-ran a experimental vsync test after the latest performance update.
    note that I'm heavily CPU limited before and now

result:

now:

before update:

no change other than a slight variation in performance demand between tests.

Basic Member
    ist only usefull when you have more then 60 fps and your Monitor have 60 hz. then you have to enable it!

It really makes my game stuttery. Removed some lag from vsynch though. If it can get improved itll be perfect

Basic Member
    Do you have to input the command every time you open the game or is it "on" until you turn it "off" ?

Basic Member
    This really helped. Without vsync I experienced a lot of tearing. Vsync was not playable because I move the cam with the middle mouse button and the delay makes it feel unnatural. With this option it is the best of those two. I get to play without tearing and without delay. Thanks a lot!

Basic Member
    I can confirm that the experimental lag limiter works on my machine, so much so that i'd like to see it added to the UI. It comes close to the responsive experience provided by the now defunct Virtu MVP. My congratulations to the developer(s). Is there a way to enable it at launch via a configuration file?

Quote Originally Posted by Assiduous View Post
    I can confirm that the experimental lag limiter works on my machine, so much so that i'd like to see it added to the UI. It comes close to the responsive experience provided by the now defunct Virtu MVP. My congratulations to the developer(s). Is there a way to enable it at launch via a configuration file?
    Sure. But it should be remembered after entering it in the console anyway.
    Either add it to a \steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\game\dota\cfg\autoexec.cfg file, or add it as a launch option like this: +r_experimental_lag_limiter 1