Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Hide health bar

  1. #11
    Basic Member Zamzoph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    113
    I'm not sure why someone would not want to have healthbars enabled ingame, but to be fair, I can imagine that a person may want that option for video-making purposes.

  2. #12
    Basic Member R.U.Sty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Syd, AUS
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Crax_Zero View Post
    yes, i've check it. and no, there is no such option for this.

    and for using console, well, i don't think that what i want, it wont show the health bar again until it's set to 1 again. I just want it to work like in first dota, where you have to press alt button to show it instead of shown permanently.
    ahh ok, I knew it was either player names or health bars.
    The fiddler from Chagalls village was inviting me to dance... so I danced.

  3. #13
    Basic Member bobydoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    51
    Why the bloody hell I would need to see the health bar of the enemy heroes when I hunt them? I will just use all my spells on the first hero I encounter regardless of his HP. -.-"
    Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 9.8 KB (whichever is smaller).

  4. #14
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Hero health is actually crucial information. You need to have strong reasons to not show it always. "It's a little annoying" is probably not such a strong reason.
    okay, if you say it that way, then what is the STRONG reason for you to think it is have to be shown all the time?

    even though it is are crusial but come on, it's not a pain in the ass just for making 1 option for not make it shown permanently, it'll make, well, at least me and a few of my friend who play dota for a long time and always use alt button to see health bar to play feel much more comfortable.

    and even though it is are implemented it won't affect those who don't like it right? all you have to do is just make it permanently shown in the option
    Last edited by Crax_Zero; 01-27-2012 at 08:14 AM.

  5. #15
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    35
    Just add this to autoexec.cfg (normally placed in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\cfg) then use [ in game to turn off/on the healthbars.

    //
    //Toggle show\hide healthbars when press "[".
    alias bar_on "dota_hud_healthbars 1; bind [ bar_off;"
    alias bar_off "dota_hud_healthbars 0; bind [ bar_on;"
    bind "[" "bar_on"

  6. #16
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by anx.go View Post
    Just add this to autoexec.cfg (normally placed in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\cfg) then use [ in game to turn off/on the healthbars.

    //
    //Toggle show\hide healthbars when press "[".
    alias bar_on "dota_hud_healthbars 1; bind [ bar_off;"
    alias bar_off "dota_hud_healthbars 0; bind [ bar_on;"
    bind "[" "bar_on"
    well, thanks for your solution, but the [ button is kinda far away from 'a', 's', and other hotkey for skill, so it wont do :/

    oh and it's not make it hidden when the button is released like dota1, instead it make it work like a switch (lol, i ask too much)

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Crax_Zero View Post
    okay, if you say it that way, then what is the STRONG reason for you to think it is have to be shown all the time?
    You never really know for sure when you'll encounter an enemy hero, and when you do you need to know his HP *immediately*. Is he in the red from doing neutrals and an easy kill, or he is at full life? Maybe you can, but I cannot press alt fast enough in that situation. Or in a team fight, for me it's a huge pain to hold alt just to see which heroes might be close to death.

    I don't see why there shouldn't be an option to require alt/ctrl to see health bars, though.

  8. #18
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by SkittlesAreYum View Post
    You never really know for sure when you'll encounter an enemy hero, and when you do you need to know his HP *immediately*. Is he in the red from doing neutrals and an easy kill, or he is at full life? Maybe you can, but I cannot press alt fast enough in that situation. Or in a team fight, for me it's a huge pain to hold alt just to see which heroes might be close to death.

    I don't see why there shouldn't be an option to require alt/ctrl to see health bars, though.
    you don't say? are you playing dota with 1 hand? lol.

    it's not that hard to immediately press alt after you see a hero, and even though you STILL cannot do it for some reason (which i think you just make an excuse) you can still make it permanently shown like i said before, make it an option.

    well, there are reason for make it a implemented, it's because, us (me and a few of my friend or any other people who want it) fell annoyed with permanently shown health bar and will make us more comfortable if there are an option for this.

    it's a win-win solution for make it an option.
    Last edited by Crax_Zero; 01-27-2012 at 10:58 AM.

  9. #19
    Basic Member Typhox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,799
    You can not cast spells and see enemy HP at the same time.
    That's already a heavy disadvantage. You would be totally unable to play certain heroes like Phoenix.
    An option only makes sense if the feature makes sense.
    You only want it because of an old and outdated habit, not because of it giving you any reasonable advantage.

  10. #20
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    543
    ^ The day Phoenix gets ported Typhox will go arround and dance naked on the Shibuya Streets :P

    On the actual topic: Don`t care if such an option gets implemented^^

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •