UI is completely un-usable in 64:27 (commonly known as 21:9) aspect ratio
When is Dota client going to provide native 64:27 Ultra wide monitor resolution support?
Currently the UI is displayed like this:
The abnormal size of the UI (being scaled improperly due to no native support) is blocking the following areas:
1. The vertical view area.
2. The shop pages is blocked and unclickable.
3. The Mini map does not scale with the Ui and creates a gap around the edge of the UI.
There are already more than 20 different models of monitors that provide either 3840x2160 (4k) or 2560x1080 (Ultra wide) resolution and popular games like Tom Clancy's The Division and Hero of the Storm, Rocket League, and few other more support it already. I don't see why Dota can't.
Before people jumping on the "Oh it gives people advantage over others." Let's look at the history of the monitor.
1. We had the same issue when we transit from 4:3 to 16:9. People generally refused to adept to the new things at first then get used to it later on.
2. The sight advantage only applies when you have vision since the Fog of War is still masking the viewable area.
3. The extra sight advantage is no different from people playing with a lower than 40 ms latency, people with SSD without the need to pre-load, or people with Hi-Fi Headphones.
In the end, I really don't mind having the black bar around the side corners if that's the solution Valve agree on but I'd like to be able to run the game in windowed fullscreen mode without triggering the widows task bar when the mouse cursor gets too close to the button edge of the screen.
Thanks very much for reading.
Tags for this Thread