Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: All Dota 2 GUI Settings - autoexec.cfg reference

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Jadax View Post
    Ok so I'm using the potato preset cfg file, but my fps drops down to ~10 during the game. Now I have a pretty crappy laptop (gt 520m, 4gb) - but it's never dropped below 25-30 before. I only just installed Dota 2 today (last played it a few months back).

Can someone recommend launch commands + cfg tweaks for me?

I'm using fullscreen + 1280x720 resolution. All video settings at lowest.
    Your GPU is 2.5x-3x worse than the minimum required to play DOTA (at 30fps).
    If it's paired with an equally bad CPU, no amount of tweaking will salvage it, the raw power is simply not there.

DOTA has evolved and with every patch it gets harder to run for potatoes.
    Plus, when TI compendium is live the game is poorly optimized for the new Immortals released.

This is it, there are no other cfg tweaks.
    Code:
     Dota 2 cfg tweaking is very limited ever since Reborn, so also use tweaked launch options:

1. Add Dota 2 launch options:           -autoconfig_level 0 -benchframes 1 -bench
         Run the game once - it will close itself shortly
      2. Remove above options, and add:
         for POTATO-GRADE/ONBOARD HW          -dx9 -nod3d9ex
         -nod3d9ex is incompatible with  Fullscreen mode (alt-tab issues) so switch to Borderless Window if used  (with -dx9 or -dx11)
      3. Enable "Use advanced settings" under Settings - Video and restart the game.
      4. You can gain shadow performance by lowering Shader Quality - only available by directly editing cfg\video.txt file with:
        "setting.shaderquality" "0"
    Download user.cfg, rename to autoexec.cfg (use show file extensions so it's not autoexec.cfg.txt), move to \steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\game\dota\cfg\
    Launch DOTA, open in-game Console ( hotkey \ - if it's not enabled you can add launch option: -console ) and enter: exec autoexec
    You should get a "[User cfg loaded]" response if the cfg file is named and placed correctly.

You could also install No-Bling client-side mod - it will remove most of cosmetic particles and slightly improve fps.

Basic Member
    Urgh that sucks, I actually don't mind playing till about 20fps (used to at one time) - but down to 10 is extremely low, game is just too stuttery.

Guess no more dota for me

Do check again if you've selected the Use advanced settings under Video options, then make sure the cfg is loaded correctly (must return a [User cfg loaded] response).
    If your laptop is stable enough, you can add launch options: -high -mainthreadpriority 1
    It should gain you a few more fps (but doing other stuff while alt-tab will be sluggish).
    No-Bling will also help a lot.

Basic Member
    Yep the cfg file has been loaded properly. Tried the above launch commands as well. Also applied the no-bling file.

fps starts off at 50-60, but then drops down to 11-13 when the laning phase starts. Just seems like my laptop isn't good enough anymore.

Basic Member
    btw something weird I've noticed - on my main account the console seems to work, but on my smurf it doesn't work - even though I'm using the same launch commands :S

Hi, how were you able to find the Dota 2 launch options? I'm making a config for TF2 and it would be helpful to know what you did and if it works with Source 1.

Quote Originally Posted by mastercoms View Post
    Hi, how were you able to find the Dota 2 launch options? I'm making a config for TF2 and it would be helpful to know what you did and if it works with Source 1.
    I'm sharing my GetLaunchOptions.bat script: on pastebin | on github
    For DOTA I also use a filter of known useless files, but it should help you nonetheless.
    Actually, I'm attaching the script output for TF2.

Edit:
    As for grabbing all TF2 console variables, you could add launch options: -console -condebug -conclearlog
    and then when loaded just enter into Console: cvarlist;quit
    Output is generated to \steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\console.log by default
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by aveyo View Post
    I'm sharing my GetLaunchOptions.bat script: on pastebin | on github
    For DOTA I also use a filter of known useless files, but it should help you nonetheless.
    Actually, I'm attaching the script output for TF2.

Edit:
    As for grabbing all TF2 console variables, you could add launch options: -console -condebug -conclearlog
    and then when loaded just enter into Console: cvarlist;quit
    Output is generated to \steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\console.log by default
    Yeah I got the CVars before but didn't know how to get the latest launch options. Was just going off of source code leak. Thanks for your help.

спасибо разработчику cfg за все труды!!! мой potato pc тянет доту! в россии этим никто не занимается!