Page 1 of 141 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: We really need stats now.

Basic Member

We really need stats now.

Hi everyone.

Well.. im about to hit my 1000th game and im starting to feel "what is the point?"

Average k/d, wards, creepkills & denies should be introduced into everyones profile so anyone can check it out. When i join a game with 4 friends i want to see if the 5th is a capable player before letting him solo mid with his sand king.. with stats i couldve gone into his profile and notice he has an average k/d of 3 kills and 19 deaths and 49 creepkills per game. I would not have allowed him to solo mid. (he was probably also russian)

No honestly, it is what dota needs.. rankingboards for publicplayers and whatnot.

Basic Member
    It's a lot harder for bad players to convince themselves they're not bad when their stats reflect their gameplay.

Then they have to try to argue that stats don't matter in addition to having terrible teammates instead of just arguing that they lose because they have terrible teammates.

Basically lots of people won't want this so it's probably not going to be added.

This thread will be full of flames.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenald View Post
    It's a lot harder for bad players to convince themselves they're not bad when their stats reflect their gameplay.

Then they have to try to argue that stats don't matter in addition to having terrible teammates instead of just arguing that they lose because they have terrible teammates.

Basically lots of people won't want this so it's probably not going to be added.

This thread will be full of flames.
    I honestly see no reason to not add it.

If the heaviest argument is "stats n0 matter!1" it should be implented. It makes the game interesting. How come some people have ALOT better stats than others? Either they are stacking 5's or they are just better.

People that is not that good have to realise that there is better people out there, interested in these kind of things.

Basic Member
    >Average k/d
    No, this would defeat the purpose of a team-based game

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PieOnEar View Post
    >Average k/d
    No, this would defeat the purpose of a team-based game
    Explain further please. Why would this defeat the purpose of a team-based game?

Should we delete replays, statistics of the last played games also? I mean, what if someone actually saw that you manuvered that 0/20 riki?

Basic Member
    By endgame, the average support would have about equal assists, more deaths, less kills, and far less CS than your average carry. Doesn't say anything about the skill level of said players

The only stat that is useful is win/lose

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HTB View Post
    By endgame, the average support would have about equal assists, more deaths, less kills, and far less CS than your average carry. Doesn't say anything about the skill level of said players

The only stat that is useful is win/lose
    Of course i was thinking about that. Right now the profile displays you're most succesful heroes. If you play alot of support this will show up and people will see that you are a supportplayer. Makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Trem View Post
    Average k/d, wards, creepkills & denies should be introduced into everyones profile so anyone can check it out
    Support players and gankers should specifically be trying to let their carries get kills and even sacrificing themselves to let the carry live. If KDR was introduced, people would be too concerned with their own statistics and refuse to play properly. Selfish decisions, constant kill-stealing, just generally rude behavior all around because they care more about numbers than anything else.

Displaying CS (Last hits & Denies) is also completely meaningless. Certain heroes just don't farm or last-hit in the lane, period. Some heroes farm significantly more than others. It serves as nothing more than an elitist way to determine if someone is "suited to be a carry" on their team, and will cause a lot of tryhard players to deny their teammates the right to play specific heroes. "you're not gonna be the carry, you've only got an average of 290 GPM -- you're probably gonna be shit. So just buy wards and let me farm, noob."

Wards mean the least of all stats. People will just buy wards once the game is "over" entirely to pad their stats. This usually involves buying wards and throwing them down in the fountain when they think they've "lost".

But worst of all: people will begin to treat per-game statistics as a more meaningful way of determining skill than actually winning - causing a lot of players to AFK when they think they've lost in order to maintain their KDR, and will cause a lot of players to "farm" stats instead of just finishing the game when they have the advantage. Another reason why stats mean virtually nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trem View Post
    When i join a game with 4 friends i want to see if the 5th is a capable player before letting him solo mid with his sand king.. with stats i couldve gone into his profile and notice he has an average k/d of 3 kills and 19 deaths and 49 creepkills per game. I would not have allowed him to solo mid. (he was probably also russian)
    Point in case.
    Last edited by Mittsies; 02-13-2012 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    retards don't count as people.

Although the anit-russian part of your post makes me don't like you, I also agree that there should be some reliable information about your team mates (k/d is usually not reliable btw).
    On the other side, I see it as the matchmaking's job to put people with similar skill level into the same team. I really don't like how currently people with 150 wins play together with people with 7 wins. It makes your suggestion kind of necessary.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittsies View Post
    Support players and gankers should specifically be trying to let their carries get kills and even sacrificing themselves to let the carry live. If KDR was introduced, people would be too concerned with their own statistics and refuse to play properly. Selfish decisions, constant kill-stealing, just generally rude behavior all around because they care more about numbers than anything else.

Displaying CS (Last hits & Denies) is also completely meaningless. Certain heroes just don't farm or last-hit in the lane, period. Some heroes farm significantly more than others. It serves as nothing more than an elitist way to determine if someone is "suited to be a carry" on their team, and will cause a lot of tryhard players to deny their teammates the right to play specific heroes. "you're not gonna be the carry, you've only got an average of 290 GPM -- you're probably gonna be shit. So just buy wards and let me farm, noob."

Wards mean the least of all stats. People will just buy wards once the game is "over" entirely to pad their stats. This usually involves buying wards and throwing them down in the fountain when they think they've "lost".

But worst of all: people will begin to treat per-game statistics as a more meaningful way of determining skill than actually winning - causing a lot of players to AFK when they think they've lost in order to maintain their KDR, and will cause a lot of players to "farm" stats instead of just finishing the game when they have the advantage. Another reason why stats mean virtually nothing.

Point in case.
    All of the above is bullshit and you know it.
    People will not start buying wards in trancemode just because they are about to win/lose, people will not killsteal just because stats is implented. The thing that means most to people is the win.. you dont want another loss, just win. All the other stats just adds more value to the game, more statistics.. and belive me, people love statistics.

Honestly Mittsies, i don't think this game is for you.. perhaps Motorcross Madness 2 is your type of game.

(user warned for post)
    Last edited by Chairraider; 02-19-2012 at 07:20 AM.