Thread: Dota 2 Test - what is the point?

Basic Member

Dota 2 Test - what is the point?

Hi, I've recently been wondering what the point in having a test client of the game is, when the game itself is currently still in beta is it is, so therefore is a 'test client'

There is roughly 30-100 people on the dota 2 test client on average, apart from when it is updated where it usually rises to around 400-500.
    This is all useless though because it is incredibly hard to find a game to test the "new heros" or fixes/try to find other bugs..

if you just went back to normal, implementing the normal patches onto the main client, i'm sure you would find bugs/problems so much faster than having it on this pretty useless test client..

On the other hand, I think this is a great idea for when the game goes live, but it is so unnecesary during beta. (where the game itself is still in the "testing phase")

This topic is in the list of Common Discussions and is currently closed. Please read the stickies before opening new threads.

Closed.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.