Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 update problems

Basic Member

Dota 2 update problems

Hi this problem is very frustrating, it started with bone fletcher patch. Everytime a new hero releases in dota 2 and is updating it, it stucks at 99% and the download speed goes down to 0bytes/s. The only solution is to reinstall dota 2 which is annoying becuz i haf to reinstall everytime i update dota 2, even minor updates like bug fixes. Dota 2 Test also have this problem, before bone fletcher patch everything was fine. Please someone help me?

Basic Member
    Its more a steam problem. I have this some times too. But for me the download always picks up again. Did you try to restart steam if this happens?

This is something i found which has been posted as fix for this:

Please check your non-Unicode language settings.

Nagivate to your control panel:
    In Windows XP, click the Start button, selecting Settings, then Control Panel.
    In Windows Vista and 7, click on the Start button, and select the Control Panel.

Launch "Regional and Language Options" from your Control Panel.

If you are on Windows XP, click on the Advanced tab. If you are on Windows Vista or Windows 7, click on the Administrative tab.

Under "Language for non-Unicode programs", please select your region of "English (US)".

Load Steam.

From the "My Games" tab, right-click on the game and select "Properties" from the menu.

Select the "Local files" tab and click the "Verify integrity of game cache..." button.

Steam will verify the game cache files (GCF's) - this process may take several minutes.

Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

If that does not do the trick you might wana contact the Steam Support.
    https://support.steampowered.com/

Basic Member
    does the region have to be English(US)? cuz im from Singapore

Basic Member
    Yes. The option is only for encoding none unicode text. Its not the language of the system. If you need more direction where to find it i need to know the Windows version you are using.

Don't reinstall dota2 when you're 99%. :/
    That's like running to do long jump, but stopping just before the line because you forgot what you were doing. Then back up to start your run, but this time from further back.
    This ain't ova.

Basic Member
    ..........jpg <<<<<<

Basic Member
    Disable your IP DNS and its ok. Steam doesn't support DNS.

Basic Member
    how do i disable it??

Quote Originally Posted by scricK View Post
    Disable your IP DNS and its ok. Steam doesn't support DNS.
    I'd love to hear an explanation of this one. DNS refers to the Domain Name System, which essentially is the only means of getting from a domain name to an IP address without actually knowing said IP address. As Steam functions as something of a web browser, it has no choice but to support DNS. (Otherwise it couldn't have web browsing functions built-in. Also, its storefront is essentially a glorified web-page being browsed by the client.)

Basic Member
    sooo... should i disable it or not?