Thread: (bug) If you mute Dota, you can still hear buying sound

Basic Member

(bug) If you mute Dota, you can still hear buying sound

I have everything muted except people voices. The sound of important items bought is still played. Items like wards, midas etc. Do you understand what sound I mean? I couldn't find it here http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Item_sounds
    Last edited by henaro; 11-15-2016 at 09:15 AM.

Basic Member
    7.02 and the bug is not fixed.

Basic Member
    Are you going to fix this bug anytime soon? You can hear ward buying sound even if you muted all sounds.

What do you mean by "mute Dota"?. In game settings->Audio there are only 5 main options:
    1. Master Volume - Lowering this to 0% will mute all game client sounds mentioned below.
    2. Game sounds - This includes item sounds, ability use sounds, dashboard/menu sounds and other sounds like that. Lowering this to 0% will mute sounds like this only.
    3. Music - Background music. Lowering this to 0% will mute any music played by DotA client.
    4. Voice - Audio messages from players/Voice chat. Lowering this to 0% will mute all voice chat.
    5. Unit speech - Hero messages, announcer sounds. Lowering this to 0% will mute any audio responses from heroes and announcers.

If you are using some console command, then maybe it is a problem with that but with the audio settings in-game I do not face the issue you are having.
    Last edited by Xentrope; 02-26-2017 at 03:00 AM.