Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bot Scripting Wiki

Valve Developer
    I've been working on filling out the function API portions of the documentation -- the Global and Unit-Scoped sections are done now.

If you spot anything that's incorrect or missing in those sections, please let me know in this thread.

* RandomYawVector( fLength ) has been changed to RandomVector.
    * int GetFacing() Gets the facing of this unit (0 - 255) -> it actually returns a number between 0-360 (0 is towards east, going counter clockwise). It also in rare cases it returns a negative number.
    Last edited by Platinum_dota2; 02-03-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Valve Developer
    Thanks, updated.

Basic Member
    It's actually 0 and 359. 0 and 360 are the same point on a 360 degree rotation. Since it includes 0 it can't have 360 or there would be 361 degrees in total. That, and I've done a series of degree testing and never once saw 360.
    Made the change myself.

Basic Member
    There're 2 functions with the same name GetModifierName in wiki, the second one is supposed to be GetModifierStackCount

I noticed there's a captain mode's code for the AI. Looking forward to people using that function for bots in the future.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadedGhoul575 View Post
    I noticed there's a captain mode's code for the AI. Looking forward to people using that function for bots in the future.

there is already a working captains mode script on the workshop called draft bots.
    im using it and the EXP bots / pack custom / shutnik bots as a combo as my local scripts, trying add / gather the rest of the heroes.

works damn well as a basic draft script.
    Last edited by Yavimaya; 02-03-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yavimaya View Post
    there is already a working captains mode script on the workshop called draft bots.
    im using it and the EXP bots / pack custom / shutnik bots as a combo as my local scripts, trying add / gather the rest of the heroes.

works damn well as a basic draft script.
    I mean once it's fully functional and also slowing down the banning and selecting, because then it's be more realistic.

"{ hUnit, ... } GetNearbyTowers( nRadius )" should change to "{ hUnit, ... } GetNearbyTowers( nRadius , bEnemies )".